Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,909 members, 7,872,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:03 AM

Adeboye Speaks On Holy Communion, 1850 Pastors Ordained,109 Born @ Convention - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye Speaks On Holy Communion, 1850 Pastors Ordained,109 Born @ Convention (17930 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Speaks On Fire Outbreaks: 'God Said We Haven’t Seen Anything Yet' / Leke Adeboye Speaks About First Fruit, Daddy Freeze And His Followers React / Pastor Adeboye Speaks About 2019 Elections; Bishop Asked Him Who Will Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye Speaks On Holy Communion, 1850 Pastors Ordained,109 Born @ Convention by adam4success(m): 1:18pm On Aug 12, 2019
ednut1:
1850 business managers. The day i got to know those branches remit money to the HQ . I was weak
Yes.my formal boss was a treasurer of a branch.he told me they remit money to d headquarter every month.
Re: Adeboye Speaks On Holy Communion, 1850 Pastors Ordained,109 Born @ Convention by Adeh08: 1:18pm On Aug 12, 2019
Pastor are you encouraging us to tell lies? You declined by saying that you are fasting while you are not? Is it not better to say that you don't want than saying you are fasting? Rev. 21:8 says something about lies.
Re: Adeboye Speaks On Holy Communion, 1850 Pastors Ordained,109 Born @ Convention by ikorodureporta: 1:21pm On Aug 12, 2019
adam4success:

Yes.my formal boss was a treasurer of a branch.he told me they remit money to d headquarter every month.

I even heard that branches that dnt make enuf money are shut down

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Speaks On Holy Communion, 1850 Pastors Ordained,109 Born @ Convention by adam4success(m): 1:23pm On Aug 12, 2019
ikorodureporta:

Yes.Redeem is a business church
Re: Adeboye Speaks On Holy Communion, 1850 Pastors Ordained,109 Born @ Convention by sholay2011(m): 2:04pm On Aug 12, 2019
positivelord:

Those are unnecessary religious practices which Jesus Himself was having repeated problem with the Pharisees..they were angry with Him for healing on a Sabbath day ...they were more particular about time and day than the good work been done . I am extremely surprise to hear this from Papa Adeboye...Jesus break bread twice in the Bible..first during the passover and then after His resurrection. Luke24 (30-31). Unlike the first time,the second time their eyes were open and it was during the day..
I agree with your post but Luke 24:29 indicated the time was 'towards evening'. Some other versions say 'getting late'.
Re: Adeboye Speaks On Holy Communion, 1850 Pastors Ordained,109 Born @ Convention by CYFANN: 2:10pm On Aug 12, 2019
Am inviting you to join CYFANN (Christian Youths For A New Nigeria) on WhatsApp.

https:///CDCbMAXTxzn4rRues2RXkF

As much as some people have tried in the past to put an end/ or save this nation called Nigeria in the past (e.g Fela, Gani Fawehinmi, Nnamdi KANU, Saro wiwa to mention just a few), they were either frustrated, arrested or killed. This is because the demonic forces holding down Nigeria is too strong and Nigeria cannot be freed by ANY HUMAN ABILITY.

1 SAM 2:9 SAYS He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; FOR BY STRENGTH SHALL NO MAN PREVAIL.

We can only silent the wicked in Nigeria by doing it the way of CHRIST.
Sowoore also tried to move for freedom of Nigerians recently bbut we all saw what the government did to him. They knew long before Sowoore that respite is coming to Nigerians and just like herod tried to kill the baby Jesus,they are doing everything to silence anybody that stands up to challenge their UNHIDDEN hatred and annihilation of Christians. Join us on WhatsApp today.
Re: Adeboye Speaks On Holy Communion, 1850 Pastors Ordained,109 Born @ Convention by bitingcool: 2:24pm On Aug 12, 2019
lexy2014:

Thank u so much for clearing up Adeboyes extra biblical injunctions.

Na real extra biblical injunction. The take it at night alone weak me. Na wa
Re: Adeboye Speaks On Holy Communion, 1850 Pastors Ordained,109 Born @ Convention by emmnprince(m): 2:28pm On Aug 12, 2019
tot:

It's valid all day, everyday cheesy

I see.
Re: Adeboye Speaks On Holy Communion, 1850 Pastors Ordained,109 Born @ Convention by herich(m): 2:47pm On Aug 12, 2019
DennisEche:

Guy don't be confused, Communion started with Catholic Church ,those men only copied it and try to be defining it in their own terms. There are so many mystery's the catholic church knows that the Protestant doesn't. E.g the books that were removed from the Bible which the original is in the custody of Catholic

Among the religious folks,
I think, Catholics are the dumbest, considering the way you guy reasons, base on the way you guys analyzes your own bible.
Re: Adeboye Speaks On Holy Communion, 1850 Pastors Ordained,109 Born @ Convention by LLMG: 2:55pm On Aug 12, 2019
ikorodureporta:

BLESSINGS FROM PASTOR ENOCH ADEJARE ADEBOYE AT CLOSING SESSION OF 67th RCCG CONVENTION

*I hereby command in the mighty name of Jesus Christ, It Shall Be Well With You.
* I command peace into your homes.
* I command health into your bodies
* I command tremendous prosperity into your businesses
* I command that in all your career, You will reach the Top.
* I command that before you resume tomorrow, every obstruction to your promotion will be gone.
* I command that the enemy will not triumph over you.
* I command that God will move you from Glory to Glory
* I command tremendous power of the Almighty God into your life.
* I command that you will not fail.
* I command that you will not backslide.
* I command that your sun will shine brighter and brighter.
* I command that the Almighty God will answer all your prayers.
* I command that on your way home, there will be miracles.
* I command that at home, miracles will be waiting for you.
* I command that your children will be greater than you.
* I command that you will never weep again.
* I command that your joy will last forever.
* I command that whether the enemy likes it or not, You Are Already Blessed and I command that You Will Remain Blessed.
* I command that you will serve God.
* I command that everything you need to serve God adequately, conveniently, sufficiently, God will give unto you.
* I command that you will not miss Heaven.
So shall it be
AMEN.
Re: Adeboye Speaks On Holy Communion, 1850 Pastors Ordained,109 Born @ Convention by Richiez(m): 3:01pm On Aug 12, 2019
positivelord:

Those are unnecessary religious practices which Jesus Himself was having repeated problem with the Pharisees..they were angry with Him for healing on a Sabbath day ...they were more particular about time and day than the good work been done . I am extremely surprise to hear this from Papa Adeboye...Jesus break bread twice in the Bible..first during the passover and then after His resurrection. Luke24 (30-31). Unlike the first time,the second time their eyes were open and it was during the day..

If the timing was that important, Jesus Christ would have clearly stated it... Also Paul in his admonition to the Corinthians in 1 Cor 11: 25-30 would have clearly stated it...the focus should be on Christ whenever it is done and not on the timing... If not, some other denomination will say it should be by 6pm not 4pm nor 7pm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeboye Speaks On Holy Communion, 1850 Pastors Ordained,109 Born @ Convention by Truefaith: 3:32pm On Aug 12, 2019
Check this issue up with your Bible open at www.thetruechristianfaith.com
Re: Adeboye Speaks On Holy Communion, 1850 Pastors Ordained,109 Born @ Convention by Stupidmodes: 4:03pm On Aug 12, 2019
ikorodureporta:

Source: https://thenationonlineng.net/why-i-dont-take-holy-communion-in-other-churches-adeboye/

I am not a pastor but I wish I could be one on one with him. I would have proved him wrong. Night or no night. Holy communion as a sacrament was instituted that day and time. But the day and time have no relevance. If they, do that means holy communion should be taken once in a year. Jesus' remark on it was " do this in memory of me" if there is relevance as it concerns time and day He would have also added it. So all I see is still unhealthy tussle for superiority.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Speaks On Holy Communion, 1850 Pastors Ordained,109 Born @ Convention by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:09pm On Aug 12, 2019
MkMel:
As Catholics it is served at any time of the day during masses, but i think i am seeing a great deal of rationale in what Pastor Adeboye is saying about the timing in conjunction with biblical injunctions. It is indeed a call for me to dig deep to unravel its time-related essence.
What Adeboye says makes no sense.It also has no biblical basis.No time was ever specified for receiving holy communion.

Catholics has been receiving holy communion right from the first century CE
Re: Adeboye Speaks On Holy Communion, 1850 Pastors Ordained,109 Born @ Convention by Truefaith: 4:16pm On Aug 12, 2019
Check this issue up with your Bible open at www.thetruechristianfaith.com

Dr Adeboye strives to add to the Bible everyday.

But he is someone anyone who fears God would move away from.

The 'success' of the RCCG is a cause for concern about the end of the world. But that is for those who have ears.
Re: Adeboye Speaks On Holy Communion, 1850 Pastors Ordained,109 Born @ Convention by HoodameG(m): 4:37pm On Aug 12, 2019
They should also go to river Jordan for baptism cause that’s where Christ was baptized.
Re: Adeboye Speaks On Holy Communion, 1850 Pastors Ordained,109 Born @ Convention by yeshuasfootstep(m): 4:56pm On Aug 12, 2019
Truth is gradually coming out. When will it be refered to as last passover that must be celeberated instead of trivial last supper?
Re: Adeboye Speaks On Holy Communion, 1850 Pastors Ordained,109 Born @ Convention by lexy2014: 5:00pm On Aug 12, 2019
ikorodureporta:

Its a business venture
Re: Adeboye Speaks On Holy Communion, 1850 Pastors Ordained,109 Born @ Convention by lexy2014: 5:07pm On Aug 12, 2019
adam4success:

D whole idea initially was to gather wealth & share 2d branches according to their needs. Right now, its purely a business decision
Re: Adeboye Speaks On Holy Communion, 1850 Pastors Ordained,109 Born @ Convention by Antichristus: 5:10pm On Aug 12, 2019
This guy was spewing theological garbage and fallacy. Does he take communion on days other than Thursday? Going by Adeboye’s logic communion should be received only on a Thursday, the day (Maundy Thursday) in which Jesus instituted the Holy Communion. Besides, given Adeboye’s reference to the First Passover, his logic would suggest that communion should be taken once a year given that the Passover is celebrated annually.

This is the problem with these penterascal churches where their leaders didn’t undergo sound theological education in established theological institutions with academic theology degrees from established universities. Adeboye’s is a theological scam.
Re: Adeboye Speaks On Holy Communion, 1850 Pastors Ordained,109 Born @ Convention by oruma19: 5:31pm On Aug 12, 2019
Daddy freeze, is this true? Adeboye keeps telling people what he thinks and not what the Bible says. I am tired of this man, he has caused more harm to Christian doctrines than good.
Re: Adeboye Speaks On Holy Communion, 1850 Pastors Ordained,109 Born @ Convention by doublecross(m): 5:38pm On Aug 12, 2019
WalkerMichael:
1,850 NEW PASTORS?? shocked shocked
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
the ministry is expanding rapidly
says who?
Re: Adeboye Speaks On Holy Communion, 1850 Pastors Ordained,109 Born @ Convention by doublecross(m): 5:40pm On Aug 12, 2019
Kentuforchrist:
abi ooo they will hate till Jesus comes but I can't stop loving this man
if you can't stop, then you don enta one chance. your own iyaf finish
Re: Adeboye Speaks On Holy Communion, 1850 Pastors Ordained,109 Born @ Convention by WalkerMichael(m): 5:40pm On Aug 12, 2019
doublecross:
says who?

Do you understand sarcasm? grin
Re: Adeboye Speaks On Holy Communion, 1850 Pastors Ordained,109 Born @ Convention by doublecross(m): 5:44pm On Aug 12, 2019
WalkerMichael:

Do you understand sarcasm? grin
lol... only if that man can lead all his members to protest bad governorship.... we would be heading somewhere... instead he keeps talking rubish everyday. dem go kidnapp all the followers finish verynsoon
Re: Adeboye Speaks On Holy Communion, 1850 Pastors Ordained,109 Born @ Convention by WalkerMichael(m): 5:47pm On Aug 12, 2019
doublecross:
lol... only if that man can lead all his members to

Very true! He has that audience and that alone will change things in this country if he speaks up against this government.

protest bad governorship.... we would be heading somewhere... instead he keeps talking rubish everyday. dem go kidnapp all the followers finish verynsoon

Hahahhaha perhaps if it gets to this stage, he would be forced to speak up. Until then.
Re: Adeboye Speaks On Holy Communion, 1850 Pastors Ordained,109 Born @ Convention by fogechi: 5:51pm On Aug 12, 2019
herich:

Among the religious folks,
I think, Catholics are the dumbest, considering the way you guy reasons, base on the way you guys analyzes your own bible.

if we re dumb then what are you? remember the bible was compiled by the cath church.

i dont know why people look for every reason to insult the mother church.

the catholic church fed the world for 1600years before we started having different denominations.

even though the church has its flaws it will continue to march on

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Speaks On Holy Communion, 1850 Pastors Ordained,109 Born @ Convention by doublecross(m): 5:51pm On Aug 12, 2019
WalkerMichael:

Very true! He has that audience and that alone will change things in this country if he speaks up against this government.

Hahahhaha perhaps if it gets to this stage, he would be forced to speak up. Until then.
hahahahaha
Re: Adeboye Speaks On Holy Communion, 1850 Pastors Ordained,109 Born @ Convention by BodePolScience: 6:43pm On Aug 12, 2019
Okay, let's continue to compare one bullshit with another... No wonder, agnotism atheism and anti theism is on the rise.
I once attend one of the new emerging one saved forever saved churches that believe it's heretic, unnecessary and foolish to even observe the so called Holy Communion.
Hence, the same Holy Spirit telling some to observe it at a speculated time, others at a particular time and others were moved by the spirit to see it unnecessary.
Re: Adeboye Speaks On Holy Communion, 1850 Pastors Ordained,109 Born @ Convention by Ademidd: 7:29pm On Aug 12, 2019
doublecross:
lol... only if that man can lead all his members to protest bad governorship.... we would be heading somewhere... instead he keeps talking rubish everyday. dem go kidnapp all the followers finish verynsoon
He should lead his members in protest undecided I'm very sure you will be at the forefront. The fact that he speaks what you do not believe in does not mean it is rubbish. People who are better than you(a nairaland warrior) and those who are his members listen to him. You are irrelevant in this case.
Re: Adeboye Speaks On Holy Communion, 1850 Pastors Ordained,109 Born @ Convention by doublecross(m): 9:24pm On Aug 12, 2019
Ademidd:
He should lead his members in protest undecided I'm very sure you will be in the forefront. The fact that he speaks what you do not believe in does not mean it is rubbish. People who are better than you(a nairaland warrior) and those who are his members listen to him. You are irrelevant in this case.
lol. vent your frustration on relevant issues man. i can see the man has tied your soul somewhere

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ten Questions I Have For Christians / How To Read Your Bible Without Getting Confused - Paul Ellis / Watch This Shocking Video - TB JOSHUA PROPHESIED ZAMBIA'S VICTORY!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.