Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,715 members, 7,882,431 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 04:26 AM

Dokpesi Is Not Guilty : S.S.S - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dokpesi Is Not Guilty : S.S.S (632 Views)

Saraki Pleads Not Guilty To Amended 16 Counts / Good morning / Dokpesi Is Released (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dokpesi Is Not Guilty : S.S.S by ferari9o: 7:49pm On Oct 20, 2010
By Soji Bamidele

October 20, 2010 08:34AM
Print print Email email Share Share

The State Security Service (SSS) yesterday cleared Raymond Dokpesi, chairman of DAAR Communications and director-general of former military ruler Ibrahim Babangida’s campaign organisation, of any involvement in the October 1 bomb blast in Abuja.

At a news conference in Abuja yesterday, the service, which detained and questioned Mr Dokpesi for 13 hours shortly after the bomb blast, said that his arrest was not in connection with the explosion.

Mr. Dokpesi was arrested on October 4, less than 24 hours after President Goodluck Jonathan announced that the nation’s security forces were closing-in on the sponsors of the twin bombings. His arrest was connected to the two text messages allegedly received by suspects in police custody asking, “if Dokpesi has paid the balance” and “inviting another suspect to a meeting at IBB Campaign office”.

In clearing him yesterday, Marilyn Ogar, assistant director, public relations, made a tacit statement that, “The SSS is a public service and people come here and go out at will.” The service however disclosed that it has been able to establish the identity of the persons who drove and coordinated the vehicles that were brought into Abuja for the October 1 bombing. It said there were five suspects, including Charles Tombra Okah, A MEND leader and Henry Okah’s younger brother.

Mrs Ogar said the vehicles were wired for detonation at Charles Okah’s house in Port Harcourt and driven to Abuja. She also said the service identified Charles Okah as ‘Jomo Gbomo,’ the sender of the emails that warned of the blasts five days earlier.

The Service stressed that its investigations were not yet complete, but that the suspects will soon be charged to court.

The twin bomb blasts that rocked Abuja during the golden jubilee celebrations on October 1 killed 16 people and injured 67 others.

Another alert

However, another email was sent to reporters yesterday by ‘Jomo Gbomo’ repeating an earlier warning that MEND was planning another attack on Abuja.

The sender used the same Zoom Mobile modem that was used last week to send the previous alert. The previous alert, according to a NEXT investigation originates from a moving vehicle in Lagos.

Yesterday’s mail also originated from Lagos. Our investigation revealed that it was sent from Massey Street on Lagos Island.

In the mail, Mr Gbomo said, “Out of security concerns, the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta, until further notice, will no longer entertain any enquires. Henceforth, we will release to the media only warnings and statements of claim.”

No connection with Okah

In an earlier statement, Mr. Babangida had described any suggestion linking him or Mr. Dokpesi to the bombers as ‘idiotic’. In distancing himself from the act Mr. Dokpesi had said , ‘‘I was never present at the bomb blast site; I never attended to any group of persons that are involved in the bomb blasts and I have never associated with Mr. Henry Okah. I have never corresponded with him either directly or through a third party, nor has my principal, Ibrahim Babangida, in any way associated or collaborated with anybody.” He added, “When I came in, I was shown a hand-set where somebody was asking whether he had collected the N4 million from Dokpesi and was asked whether I knew anything about the text message. I replied that “to start with, I am not the owner of the hand-set and the message was not sent to me. I did not even know who the party was and who and who that exchanged the text message.” He had said, “I have never met Mr. Henry Okah. I have never dealt with him. I have never communicated with him and I will not recognize him if I see him”, adding that he was only being victimised because he was supporting Mr. Babangida.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5632517-146/dokpesi_not_guilty___.csp
Re: Dokpesi Is Not Guilty : S.S.S by ferari9o: 7:58pm On Oct 20, 2010
What else would one expect from a state secret service full of dunces .
The commander in chief of Dunces,(Gridlock Jonadunce) should bury his Head in shame for trying to take Nigeria back to Egypt
Re: Dokpesi Is Not Guilty : S.S.S by wesley80(m): 8:00pm On Oct 20, 2010
Seems like the clowns were only testing the waters at first.
Re: Dokpesi Is Not Guilty : S.S.S by Nobody: 8:06pm On Oct 20, 2010
It's like poster is not current at all. . .I saw the latest on channels news minutes ago and the same woman said,the fact that Dokpesi was released did not exonerate him as investigation is still ongoing.
Re: Dokpesi Is Not Guilty : S.S.S by jamace(m): 8:22pm On Oct 20, 2010
^^ Don't mind the OP.
Re: Dokpesi Is Not Guilty : S.S.S by safariman(m): 9:36pm On Oct 20, 2010
Quote:
"Mrs Ogar said the vehicles were wired for detonation at Charles Okah’s house in Port Harcourt and driven to Abuja. She also said the service identified Charles Okah as ‘Jomo Gbomo,’ the sender of the emails that warned of the blasts five days earlier"

And the vehilces went through various police checkpoints from PH to Abuja?.
Re: Dokpesi Is Not Guilty : S.S.S by Nobody: 10:08pm On Oct 20, 2010
~Bluetooth:

It's like poster is not current at all. . .I saw the latest on channels news minutes ago and the same woman said,the fact that Dokpesi was released did not exonerate him as investigation is still ongoing.

they are flip flopping like it is going out of business

this morning i heard on smooth fm's reading of the papers - they said they did not invite him for questioning over the bomb blast

as to people driving wired cars all the way from ph to abuja cheesy cheesy cheesy

not that they packed the materials in the cars - she claims they rigged the cars to explode and drove them to abuja in that condition cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Rewriting History / Nigerians; A Call To Fight For Your Rights! / Jonathan Replies Atiku On Budget And The Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.