Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,206 members, 7,880,761 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:20 AM

Police Officers Are Not Your Worse Enemies! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Police Officers Are Not Your Worse Enemies! (293 Views)

Nigerian Army officers Are Accused Of Conniving With internet fraudsters / Police Salary Department Worse Than Thief / Lady Blames Enemies Over Snake Attack In Her Shop (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Officers Are Not Your Worse Enemies! by Gud1(m): 11:34am On Aug 14, 2019
MY 60/20/20 THEORY OF POLICE OFFICERS.

Police officers are not our worst enemies.

For those of you who are so quick to label all police officers corrupt and vicious, just imagine a Nigeria without police?

Moreover, imagine the state of your homes, neighborhood, communities, city, state and nation without police.

Police officers are but products of the society from which they are recruited.

They are no better than anybody else in the society; however they can be just as good as anybody else.

And it would pay most of you who enjoy criticizing the police to sense the above factors, constructively criticize, while showing appreciation for their good deeds.

You don't want the police?
Who are you going to call when things go wrong at your home or in your neighborhood.

That crazy thug, that thief in your neighborhood, those cult boys who always attack people during the weekends?
What happens when these people get on the scene with no rules, regulations or guidelines.

My years experience as a law enforcement professional taught me that most police officers are bold, brave, courageous and dedicated to being the best that they can be while on the job.

Your respect, support and understanding enhance their effectiveness and efficiency.

On the other hand, your hatred, resentment and lack of cooperation hinder such possibilities.

Let me be clear on this; not all police officers are fit for the job. Just as not all citizens are fit for the society.

My years experience as a law enforcement professional taught me that about 60% of police officers are honorable and well trained and can pass any integrity test they are subjected to.

20% of police officers are on the fence sensing how the winds blow..... But with good and consistent supervision recruitment standards, disciplinary practices, assignment guidelines and retention policies, these officers will connect with the 60%.

However the latter 20% of officers in most forces in my opinion ought not to be there because they create most of the problems for their respective departments and communities.

This is my 60/20/20 theory of the police.

People have different opinions on police.

There are good and bad police officers.

It is possible to support one without the other.

Being in support of the police does not mean you support the few who make wrong choices or who are naturally wicked. It means you support the majority that are good.

Support the police when they are right and report them when they are wrong.

#proudPoliceman

#GallantMopol

#PoliceOfficerWithADifference
Re: Police Officers Are Not Your Worse Enemies! by Nostradamus: 11:58am On Aug 14, 2019
Gud1.it's good to know you're a police.you guys are doing a great job(particularly in a country like ours where some people can be so unruly and just start formenting troubles anyhow,cultists and street thugs are an example).the problem is some of the police are worse than criminals themselves.you can imagine SARS and the several atrocities labelled against them(i don't have to go into details,i believe you've heard of them).i hope you will never switch side to be one of the evil officers that make us all hate the police??keep up with the good cop you're,it will take you to places.

I have a question,what did you heard about the killers of kolade Johnson(k-low).have the killers been sentenced or they've been let off the hook?
Re: Police Officers Are Not Your Worse Enemies! by Gud1(m): 12:12pm On Aug 14, 2019
Nostradamus:
Gud1.it's good to know you're a police.you guys are doing a great job(particularly in a country like ours where some people can be so unruly and just start formenting troubles anyhow,cultists and street thugs are an example).the problem is some of the police are worse than criminals themselves.you can imagine SARS and the several atrocities labelled against them(i don't have to go into details,i believe you've heard of them).i hope you will never switch side to be one of the evil officers that make us all hate the police??keep up with the good cop you're,it will take you to places.

I have a question,what did you heard about the killers of kolade Johnson(k-low).have the killers been sentenced or they've been let off the hook?

Thanks for the encouragement. As for the case you mentioned, I don't know much about it.
Re: Police Officers Are Not Your Worse Enemies! by Nostradamus: 12:44pm On Aug 14, 2019
Gud1:

Thanks for the encouragement. As for the case you mentioned, I don't know much about it.
we don't hear anything about them again. Could it be they have been re-absorbed into the force?
Re: Police Officers Are Not Your Worse Enemies! by superbouck(m): 4:28pm On Aug 17, 2019
Gud1:
MY 60/20/20 THEORY OF POLICE OFFICERS.

Police officers are not our worst enemies.

For those of you who are so quick to label all police officers corrupt and vicious, just imagine a Nigeria without police?

Moreover, imagine the state of your homes, neighborhood, communities, city, state and nation without police.

Police officers are but products of the society from which they are recruited.

They are no better than anybody else in the society; however they can be just as good as anybody else.

And it would pay most of you who enjoy criticizing the police to sense the above factors, constructively criticize, while showing appreciation for their good deeds.

You don't want the police?
Who are you going to call when things go wrong at your home or in your neighborhood.

That crazy thug, that thief in your neighborhood, those cult boys who always attack people during the weekends?
What happens when these people get on the scene with no rules, regulations or guidelines.

My years experience as a law enforcement professional taught me that most police officers are bold, brave, courageous and dedicated to being the best that they can be while on the job.

Your respect, support and understanding enhance their effectiveness and efficiency.

On the other hand, your hatred, resentment and lack of cooperation hinder such possibilities.

Let me be clear on this; not all police officers are fit for the job. Just as not all citizens are fit for the society.

My years experience as a law enforcement professional taught me that about 60% of police officers are honorable and well trained and can pass any integrity test they are subjected to.

20% of police officers are on the fence sensing how the winds blow..... But with good and consistent supervision recruitment standards, disciplinary practices, assignment guidelines and retention policies, these officers will connect with the 60%.

However the latter 20% of officers in most forces in my opinion ought not to be there because they create most of the problems for their respective departments and communities.

This is my 60/20/20 theory of the police.

People have different opinions on police.

There are good and bad police officers.

It is possible to support one without the other.

Being in support of the police does not mean you support the few who make wrong choices or who are naturally wicked. It means you support the majority that are good.

Support the police when they are right and report them when they are wrong.

#proudPoliceman

#GallantMopol

Good day please allow me to send pm to u
#PoliceOfficerWithADifference
please I wanna discuss something with you, pls accept my DM

(1) (Reply)

Defining A Path Towards Economic Wealth And Prosperity / Watch Compilation Of The Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa / GIGL Aims To Conquer Ghana’s Expanding Logistics Industry With “AGILITY ”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.