Stats: 3,180,215 members, 7,910,303 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 01:53 AM

Common Youth Corper Offers N1m Free Eye Service To Villagers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Common Youth Corper Offers N1m Free Eye Service To Villagers (1036 Views)

Fayose Gives Food And Cash To Ekiti Villagers. See Photos / Army Offers N1m Reward On Abducted Colonel / Police Offers N1m Reward For Information On Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

Common Youth Corper Offers N1m Free Eye Service To Villagers by AloyEmeka5: 8:54pm On Oct 20, 2010
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Corps member offers free eye services to villagers

Ezra Ijioma

In furtherance of the scheme's community development service, a corps member, Dr. Emwanta Egbe, has offered free eye treatment and counselling worth N1m to people of Dobi village in Gwagwalada Area Council of Abuja.

Egbe, who is an optometrist undergoing his mandatory National Youth Service Scheme with the University of Abuja Teaching Hospital, said the project was aimed at complementing government's efforts at providing basic healthcare for the people.

Speaking to PUNCH, he said, "My heart bleeds when I see patients who cannot pay the little medical bills and this prompted me to embark on this project.

"The kind of service you get from the University of Abuja Teaching Hospital was brought to locals of Dobi village free.

"Drugs, glasses and minor surgery were offered free and complicated cases were referred to the University Teaching Hospital."

Dr. Egbe mobilised a team of eye doctors and raised funds from personal savings,

friends and well-meaning individuals.

While expressing thanks for the humanitarian gesture, the village head of Dobi

village, Alhaji Suleiman Sani Dobi, said this is the first time such a project has been done in the village despite its proximity to the Federal Capital Territory.

Alhaji Sani Dobi said, "Eye problem is the major health problem of people in my community. Because of poverty, many of us do not go for eye checks nor can we

afford treatments at hospital.

The people of Dobi village from the bottom of

their hearts thank Dr. Egbe for caring out this project for our

community."

During the event, drugs and glasses were distributed to 500 locals in Dobi

village.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/oct/20/801.html
Re: Common Youth Corper Offers N1m Free Eye Service To Villagers by ikennahill: 10:15pm On Oct 20, 2010
Optometrists are always down 2 d grass root & they hv helped this country a lot.my own eyes was saved by an optometrist in 1988@awka when lawn tennis ball hit my eye.if nt 4 health politics in nija,by nw no person 4 de go blind frm certain disease.here ophthalmologist(even diplomates) want to kil optometry.
Re: Common Youth Corper Offers N1m Free Eye Service To Villagers by AloyEmeka5: 10:16pm On Oct 20, 2010
Talk is cheap. This guy is not on nairaland yapping his mouth. He actuallyu did something to make a difference and the best part of it is he didn't care that the recipients are not Igbo. Good job.
Re: Common Youth Corper Offers N1m Free Eye Service To Villagers by AloyEmeka5: 11:25am On Oct 24, 2010
ikennahill:

Optometrists are always down 2 d grass root & they hv helped this country a lot.my own eyes was saved by an optometrist in 1988@awka when lawn tennis ball hit my eye.if nt 4 health politics in nija,by nw no person 4 de go blind frm certain disease.here ophthalmologist(even diplomates) want to kil optometry.

How?
Re: Common Youth Corper Offers N1m Free Eye Service To Villagers by LouisThoro: 6:58pm On Oct 24, 2010
God bless him.

At least he is not a moderator on NairaLand yapping nonsense.
Re: Common Youth Corper Offers N1m Free Eye Service To Villagers by aljharem(m): 7:08pm On Oct 24, 2010
the north is getting better gradually laffia cheesy
Re: Common Youth Corper Offers N1m Free Eye Service To Villagers by AloyEmeka5: 11:51pm On Oct 24, 2010
LouisThoro:

God bless him.

At least he is not a moderator on NairaLand yapping nonsense.

Lol, they must have banned shege outta you. grin grin grin grin
Re: Common Youth Corper Offers N1m Free Eye Service To Villagers by MaiSuya(m): 12:02am On Oct 25, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Talk is cheap. This guy is not on nairaland yapping his mouth. He actuallyu did something to make a difference and the best part of it is he didn't care that the recipients are not Igbo. Good job.

[size=25pt]BUAHAHAHAHAHA [/size]@ bolded  grin grin grin

But I have to ask, where did oga  cofa get 1m from? Did I hear personal savings? Hmmmm. . .
Re: Common Youth Corper Offers N1m Free Eye Service To Villagers by AloyEmeka5: 2:21am On Oct 25, 2010
Mai Suya:

[size=25pt]BUAHAHAHAHAHA [/size]@ bolded  grin grin grin

But I have to ask, where did oga  cofa get 1m from? Did I hear personal savings? Hmmmm. . .

Where do you think he got it from?
Re: Common Youth Corper Offers N1m Free Eye Service To Villagers by shinaidowu: 7:05am On Oct 25, 2010
Why would you classify him as common? For crying out loud someone who could seize such initiative should not be term common!
Re: Common Youth Corper Offers N1m Free Eye Service To Villagers by AloyEmeka5: 11:14am On Oct 25, 2010
shinaidowu:

Why would you classify him as common? For crying out loud someone who could seize such initiative should not be term common!

Do you rather I classify him as general?
Re: Common Youth Corper Offers N1m Free Eye Service To Villagers by MaiSuya(m): 12:40pm On Oct 25, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Where do you think he got it from?

No mind me jare. Ya know, the average, 'common' youth corp member who comes across as a hungry, shoe-filed job seeker, struggling to make ends meets with the ludicrously paltry N9700/month( did I hear it about 22k now?), somehow didn't fit the profile above. Then again, that's the problem with Mai suya and his stereotypes. . .wetin dey am por 1mil sef wey cofa no pit get. . . 

Kudos to the guy

Tunisia, Egypt And Now Algeria “twitter” Revolution Covered Live As It Happens / The Core Of Who Am I - Gej / In My Village If You Are Not Rich By 25, You Are A Nobody – Robbery Suspect !