Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,126 members, 7,887,254 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:40 AM

I Feel Cheated. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Feel Cheated. (752 Views)

I Cheated-my Marriage Is Falling Apart / I Cheated On My Husband With A Guy From Work And I Don't Know What To Do. / My Wife Still Sends Pictures To Her Ex Boyfriend, I Feel Cheated & Heartbroken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Feel Cheated. by wanderrerr: 6:59pm On Aug 14, 2019
I discovered this site and wish to pour out my heart,to get some relief mentally.
Married but now after going through events of past months can't but feel cheated.How can The hubby put so much pressure knowing my condition at that time,suffering a loss and then less than 3mnths after you bring up the marriage talk.
At that point,i must say i had this fear of going to die,i was down and so agreed and parents got involved,but looking back to these i realized i was cheated,feel cheated,infact these thoughts are making me behave irrationally towards myself and him,for no reason i sometimes dont even want to see him and find myself in pains..i don't want to fall into depression..,i am finding it hard to forgive him and his family..
Re: I Feel Cheated. by eleko1: 7:17pm On Aug 14, 2019
sad
Re: I Feel Cheated. by StPete: 7:28pm On Aug 14, 2019
Seems like you’re typing in a hurry undecided
Re: I Feel Cheated. by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 14, 2019
So you basically feel you were manipulated into marriage because you were at a vulnerable state in your life?

Well darling, we need to start taking responsibility for our actions I’m so sorry to tell you this. As sad as you may have been, you’re not 5 years old and you know what marriage entails. I think you were simply not ready which is fine but if you have an understanding husband then try to communicate your pain with him. Your loved ones want the best for you so stop pushing them away it will only make you feel worse. Don’t be harsh on yourself as healing takes time. If you can’t talk to them then try counselling but remember the only way to get better is by helping yourself first. Crying all day and feeling regretful will not change anything.

5 Likes

Re: I Feel Cheated. by ImaIma1(f): 9:41pm On Aug 14, 2019
You need to talk about it with him, get over how you feel and be a good wife to the person you pledged your love to. Regardless of how you are feeling now, I am sure you didn't get married under duress or at gunpoint.

So please stop frustrating yourself and that young man and making him feel guilt for marrying you at the point he did. You can either suck it up and decide to enjoy your marriage or quit. But just make a decision and put your husband and yourself out of misery.

1 Like

Re: I Feel Cheated. by yvesboss(m): 11:03pm On Aug 14, 2019
So sorry about how you feel but the fact remains you are married

I think you need closure. Do let your husband know how you currently feel. I pray he is matured enough to handle this and also make you the center of his world. With this you tend to feel relaxed in the marriage and your journey to marital bliss officially kickstarted
Re: I Feel Cheated. by wanderrerr: 11:12am On Aug 15, 2019
Thanks,i appreciate the Advice..
Re: I Feel Cheated. by Zither(m): 3:23pm On Aug 15, 2019
Wanderrerr, it is sad what you are going through. You feel your husband selfishly took advantage of you when you were most vulnerable and led you into a loveless marriage. To make matters worse you are being consumed with depression. I can only say you should give yourself time to love your husband and his family. Look for something you love doing and apply yourself to it for it to occupy your thoughts rather than accommodate parasitic thoughts of depression. Look for things that make you happy and do them. If all these don't work then please begin to consider quitting the marriage as your current state, if it persists, is toxic to both you and your husband and that will not help any one of you. Wish you the best.
Re: I Feel Cheated. by SirVintageCock: 8:55pm On Aug 15, 2019
Please if leaving will cure your depressed mood then by all means leave. Life is too short to spend it wallowing in self pity and regrets. Even if you were forced at gunpoint or bundled like an involuntary psyche patient to the looney bin, you are sane enough to discern what you want now. Take a break to process your thoughts and life then decide if you gonna quit or continue.
Re: I Feel Cheated. by djoe21(m): 9:51pm On Aug 15, 2019
Cheated of what? Are you trying to say you still wanted to explore?? Hian! Madam biko there's nothing out there. Concentrate on you marriage and make the best out of it.

(1) (Reply)

Couples Discovers They Are Actually Siblings, 24years After Marriage. / The Problem Of Polygamy Is Caused By The Wives. / Eyewitness Enterprise (electrical Installations) @ Lagos And Environs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.