Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,655 members, 7,889,133 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:02 AM

Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics (6661 Views)

Fashola Switches On The Lagos Festival Of Lights. PICS. Eko O Ni Baje O.... / The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. / Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by babapupa: 5:44am On Oct 21, 2010
Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics)

Press Releases

Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company
Urges FG to review tariff rate on transformer components[b]

Oct 19, 2010 - Lagos State Governor, Mr Babatunde Fashola (SAN) on Tuesday commissioned the first transformer manufacturing industry in West Africa, pleading with the Federal Government to consider a downward review of the tariff charged on the imported components used in the manufacture of transformers.[/b]

Governor Fashola who spoke at the transformer factory of El Sewedy Electrical Nigerian Limited, a joint venture between the Lagos State Government and the EL Sewedy Group of Cairo, Egypt, located at Toga-Zanmu in Badagry added that a downward review will encourage more investors like EL sewedy to invest in Nigeria.

The Governor said with the successful production of transformers in Nigeria by El Sewedy, it has been proved beyond reasonable doubts it is very possible to generate electricity locally in Nigeria.

The Lagos State Governor asserted that the time has come for proffering African solution to African problems, noting that the perseverance displayed by El Sewedy before the project came full stream might not have been possible with a foreign organization.

Governor Fashola said the fact that electricity has not failed in Cairo, the home base of the company where it plays a major role in the power sector, is a testimony to the capabilities of the El Sewedy company which is also present in many parts of Middle East and Africa.

"Let us begin to deploy African solution to African problems. There is no rocket science in what we have done. In many parts of the world transformer manufacturing is part of a cottage industry and it should not be different in Lagos or any other parts of the country".

"Regular and steady electricity remains the only missing infrastructure that is mitigating against the growth of the economy of this country and the actualization of the potentials of our people, their freedom from poverty and as long as we remain in Government here we commit to putting the misery of electricity behind us once and for all", the Governor said.

[b]Giving practical examples, Governor Fashola stated: "if you want to imagine how simple life would be with electricity, just think of how much extra you pay to grind pepper, how much extra you use to transport yourself, to get water supply and diesel to power your generator at home, you will realize that you will save more and be walking away from poverty with smiles on your face"

The Governor was certain that the administration will put behind the issue of shortage of electricity noting that the administration had a solid foundation to build on from the pioneering role played by the immediate past administration in the state which led to the breakaway from the former National Electric Power Authority's monopoly by delivering the first Independent Power Project in the country.

He explained that the present administration has followed on that first by delivering another Independent Power Project that has delivered 12megawatts to Adiyan and Akute waterworks as at today.

The Governor informed that the administration has not stopped there but has put another IPP on stream which hopefully by the first quarter of 2011 would have delivered another 15 megawatts that would supply electricity to the whole of the Central Business District on the Lagos Island.

Other benefiting areas according to the Governor would include the Lagos General Hospital, Island Maternity Hospital, State House, Lagos High Court and at least 30 streets which would be taken be off diesel power supply by the first quarter of next year.

He said the successes of the Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu administration, in which he also served, has challenged the present Government to intervene in the area of power distribution since the availability of power logically brings up the issue of transmission, taking it to the roads with cables, transformers and meters.

Governor Fashola said the next stage is to commit at least 20million US Dollars to the manufacture of meters and El Sewedy is interested in investing up to 100million Dollars in the generation of power.[/b]

He said the unveiling of the power sector reform by the Federal Government will even make things easier in the sector and provide the opportunity for the State to make the investment.

Commending the board and management of El Sewedy, Governor Fashola declared: "We will continue to work with you shoulder to shoulder to ensure that your partnership ideals and your investment intentions are realized for our mutual benefit and the benefit of our people".

"What has happened here is a simple manifestation of what can happen when a Government has time to plan and to implement the plan. It can only happen in a democracy. The idea did not start today"

In his words: "The first milestone is behind us. What was a dream has become a reality and it happened in less than two years. We are sure it is not rocket science. Our people are already employed here, not less than a 100 people are already working here".

He reiterated that the produced transformers are already strengthening the rural electrification programme of the State Government with the entire request for transformers in the state to be purchased from the factory so that the money, the economy and the jobs would be kept locally.

Governor Fashola said the factory and the whole economy of the area and even neighbours on the West coast of Africa will benefit from the infrastructure development which the State has committed to the area through many of the ongoing road projects like the Badagry Expressway and the Igbo Elerin road.

In her welcome address, the Special Adviser to the Governor on Commerce and Industry, Mrs Sola Oworu said the completion of the project is another manifestation of the successful collaboration with the private sector in project implementation.

He disclosed that the project is a joint venture between El Sewedy Group of Egypt(94.74%) and the Lagos State Government(5.26%) as equity contributions.

Whilst congratulating the people of Badagry on the project, Mrs Oworu said coupled with the on-going expansion of the Lagos- Badagry Expressway, the culturally rich and historically relevant town has been positioned for unprecedented growth in commercial activities.

Also speaking, the Chief Investment Officer of El Sewedy, Mr Mohammed Radwan said the successful completion of the project is an example of mutual cooperation and hardwork .

He informed that the company is planning to invest about 100 million dollars in electricity generation through production of electric meters.

Mr Radwan said El Sewedy enjoys over 70 years experience of producing quality energy products across the globe and does not consider itself as a foreigner anywhere in Africa.

He was certain that the company is in Nigeria to provide job opportunities and transfer technology, explaining that the company saw the opportunity and accepted the challenge to do what it takes to achieve the determined goals.

The Governor cut the tape to commission the factory before undertaking a guided tour of the facility with some of the dignitaries.

Prominent among those who were present at the event were the Deputy Governor, Princess Sarah Adebisi Sosan, members of the State Executive Council, members of the Legislature at both the State and national levels, Chairmen of Local Government Council and Development Areas, traditional rulers like the Oba Akran of Badagry, Aholu Menu Toyi I, the Egyptian Charge D'Affaire, Sherif –Elleithy and other dignitaries.

Eko o ni baje o,
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by olafolarin(m): 6:08am On Oct 21, 2010
Eko O oo Ni baje lae lae
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by violent(m): 8:48am On Oct 21, 2010
now this is what I'm talking about!
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 21, 2010
Power - Checked!
Infrastructure - Checked!
Education - Checked!
Security - Checked
Agriculture - Checked!
Transportation - Checked!
Good Government - Checked!
Going Green - Checked!
Attraction of Foreign Investment - Checked!

Though theres still more to be done and I hope BRF continues to deliver even after he becomes the President in 2015!
More grease to the elbow of this amazing role model. Eko O Ni Baje. Wetin wan spoil am sef! grin
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 21, 2010
@babapupa

Thanks for making my day with such good news.
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by excanny: 9:55am On Oct 21, 2010
Fools.

Reduce tariffs on imported parts or on electricity bills?

Classic white elephant projects.
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by Olaolufred(m): 10:28am On Oct 21, 2010
excanny:

Fools.

Are there in Nigeria Independent states?

Does any state in Nigeria has its own law?

Does Each State have its own Sea Port and Security System?

Can Each state determines the price regime of its market products?

If you can answer these, I will know whether to categorise you to the FOOL or the WISE groups.
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by ono(m): 10:31am On Oct 21, 2010
Try and appreciate some good work for once. Well done BRF.
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by babytoun: 10:48am On Oct 21, 2010
Lagos roads are getting worse by the day. BRF Please do something about it. Right here in VI at bunny camp very near Fashola's house, some pot holes that should not even cost 200k cause massive traffic buildup every evening after work. let him take care of these little little but very necessary things first.
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by jason12345: 1:18pm On Oct 21, 2010
THANK GOD!!! cheesy smiley smiley smiley
excanny:

Fools.

Y? how is it a white elephant project?
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by excanny: 3:59pm On Oct 21, 2010
jason12345:

Y? how is it a white elephant project?

What plans are there to make electricity tariffs more affordable to the average person?
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by Mariory(m): 4:52pm On Oct 21, 2010
excanny:

Fools.

Classic white elephant project? Is the factory not going to employ people? Production costs (in theory) will be minimized as the transformers are maufactured in house.

And when you reduce the price of importing components, does that not led to reduced transformer production costs? Does that then not lead to reduced transformer prices? Does that not help in reducing the cost you pay to have electricity?

And you call others fools?
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by TeskyMan(m): 4:55pm On Oct 21, 2010
excanny:

Fools.

[size=14pt]It could be better for some people not to have posted any comment at all or just look the other way than to show off their ignorance. The above post shows that our friend did not attend simple Economics class in Secondary School. I am very sure if he does that he would have known than lower traffics on imported input that goes into production will bring about lower cost of production, reduced price of the output, high profit, more people will be employed due to expansion and overall electricity charges will be reasonable, i said reasonable i didn't say cheaper.

Why do you have to tag this "Classic white elephant project". I guess this term is a new phrase you just come by and you want to express it even if it doesn't fit into the context of the argument.

Guess what? You are the Fool not Fashola.

Oga Fashola, you have changed my mindset, you gave me hope that this country can still revive her glory. You made me believe that there are still highly intelligent people in Nigeria. Keep the good work.

Cheers.
[/size]
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 21, 2010
excanny:

Fools.

Don't you have to generate the electricity first before you can reduce the bills?

Always think before you type, not type first and think later.
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by excanny: 6:00pm On Oct 21, 2010
I have one phrase for all y'all. YOU ARE ALL LOVELY SYCOPHANTS.

If you cant stand criticism of your hero, go hang.
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by Mariory(m): 6:13pm On Oct 21, 2010
excanny:

You are a slowpoke. Criticism just for the sake of it is retarded. If your answers to replys on your opinion are insults, you can kindly go to hell.
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by Ikengawo: 6:16pm On Oct 21, 2010
I dont understand why ppl that hate nigeria log on to this site making demands from politicians that dont visit the site. then when the politician by coincidence does everything they ask for like Fash, they still hate him and hate Nigeria

i hate bitter leaf. If there was a bitterleadland.com i wouldn't visit it.
but you guys hate nigeria and visit nairaland.com for YEARS and compile THOUSANDS of posts.

it's a mental problem.
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by jason12345: 7:06pm On Oct 21, 2010
excanny:

oh boy, relax! eh smiley
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by banom(m): 7:12pm On Oct 21, 2010
BRF for president, I love this man,
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by babapupa: 7:21pm On Oct 21, 2010
excanny:

It's OK to criticize, but it's dumb and pointless to criticize blindly and till refuse to explain to us why this is a white elephant project or why your criticism should be discussed or addressed.

Don't blame other people for your inability to express yourself intelligently,
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by jason12345: 7:24pm On Oct 21, 2010
eko o ni baje ooo lai lai :d :d :d :d :d
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by honeric01(m): 8:04pm On Oct 21, 2010
Nice one, see as ODA dam water just dey waste, oga Goodluck, can you make use of the dam for electricity? undecided
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by safariman(m): 8:15pm On Oct 21, 2010
I applaud BRF's efforts, but he is going to have other unforeseen problem with over crowding as a lot of the citizens living in the surrounding states (Oyo and Ogun) that are being run by inept and corrupt politicians will flock to Lagos. The reverse is true of almajiris and armed robbers who have started to leave Lagos for other states
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by benchwest: 8:16pm On Oct 21, 2010
the federal govt announced of importing plastic gabage for Abuja
everyone complain bitterly that that doesn't encourage manufacturers in our country so therefore doesn't create jobs

now we  having a company that will produce transformer and create job here in Nigeria you people still complain
what the Bleep do we  want?,nigerianssssssssssssssssss
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by apoti(m): 8:43pm On Oct 21, 2010
If we have Governors like BRF in other states Nigeria would have developed more than this.
We would have had more stuff to show to the world than just the cake on Independence day.

I hope all other governors and even Mr president are learning from this young man, Pls tell them all to emulate good thing for once.

Eko o ni baje, O baje ti
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by EzeUche0(m): 8:47pm On Oct 21, 2010
This man is a very pragmatic leader.
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by YoungBrain: 8:54pm On Oct 21, 2010
@yemi313

Power - Checked!
Infrastructure - Checked!
Education - Checked!
Agriculture - Checked!
Transportation - Checked!
Good Government - Checked!
Going Green - Checked!
Attraction of Foreign Investment - Checked!

you forgot to put a check on Security
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by honeric01(m): 9:00pm On Oct 21, 2010
YoungBrain:

you forgot to put a check on Security

yes o, thieves don run comot for Lagos lol, only the stubborn ones remain.
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by hackney(m): 9:18pm On Oct 21, 2010
Fashola for president ASAP biko! !
That man has vision.

What a breath of fresh air.
Praise be to the Lord! !

I dont know what to say to anybody that does not see the advantages of locally manufacturing
transformers as against importing them.
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by Tcrack(m): 9:34pm On Oct 21, 2010
hackney:

Fashola for president ASAP biko! !
That man has vision.

What a breath of fresh air.
Praise be to the Lord! !

I dont know what to say to anybody that does not see the advantages of locally manufacturing
transformers as against importing them.

tell him to go and hug the imported transformers grin grin grin
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by alphabet43(m): 9:37pm On Oct 21, 2010
@ exconvict/excanny or whateva your f--king name is

Tell the chief of your village they can achieve the same goals and stop hating on Lagos you tribalistic retarded goat
Re: Eko Ni Baje O. Fashola Commissions Transformer Manufacturing Company (Pics by hackney(m): 9:42pm On Oct 21, 2010
Tcrack:

tell him to go and hug the imported transformers grin grin grin

grin

had an epiphany today:
i'll not swear or show aggression to the best of my ability.
The joy of the lord is my strength.
Remain blessed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Black Thursday: 32 Burn To Death, 18 Crushed In Multiple Accidents / FG Affirms Plan To Achieve 10,000MW By December / What Happened When Germany Increased Fuel Prices. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.