Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,711 members, 7,930,442 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 06:13 PM

South Africa: Black African Foreign Owned Shops Looted In Soweto - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / South Africa: Black African Foreign Owned Shops Looted In Soweto (1191 Views)

Hoodlums Clash In Mushin & Surulere Lagos: 3 Feared Dead, Shops Looted / Xenophobia: South African clothing store looted in Lagos / South Africa: Nigerians Attacked, Shops Looted In Fresh Xenophic Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Africa: Black African Foreign Owned Shops Looted In Soweto by tstx(m): 12:29pm On Aug 15, 2019
Black African foreign-owned shops were targeted in Soweto Wednesday evening as some residents went on a looting spree.

A night of violence and intimidation erupted in Soweto, Johannesburg on Wednesday night, as dozens of local residents turned on the black African foreign nationals who run spaza shops in the area.

A number of stores were targeted by the community. Police have attempted to restore calm in the area throughout the early hours of the morning, as they try to find a motive to this case.

The looting incidents were confirmed in Zola, Emdeni, Moletsane, White City, Zondi and Rockville by police spokesperson Captain Kay Makhubele.

He said that there was no indication yet as to why the looting had started, and said the police officers on the ground were monitoring the situation.
At least six people have been arrested so far.

Reacting to the news, The South African Human Rights Commission (the Commission or SAHRC) condemned the looting of shops owned by non-nationals in different parts of Soweto, and called on everyone to respect and uphold the rule of law and refrain from criminal actions, particularly when such acts are directed against vulnerable groups.

This is however not the first time black African foreign-owned shops have been targeted in Soweto, at around the same time last year, several shops were looted with many residents accusing the establishments of selling fake goods and expired foods.

https://listwand.com/south-africa-black-african-foreign-owned-shops-looted-in-soweto/

Re: South Africa: Black African Foreign Owned Shops Looted In Soweto by tstx(m): 12:31pm On Aug 15, 2019
Africa..... Africa..... Africa
Re: South Africa: Black African Foreign Owned Shops Looted In Soweto by GMbuharii: 12:36pm On Aug 15, 2019
Accursed human beings....just like some people who also jubilate when they see the ever blessed igbos suffer similar attacks abroad.

Equally cursed are the black African leaders who have left their respective countries in shambles like zoogeria.
Black Africa is a disgrace to the world.
If there were no Afrikaans (white south Africans) in south Africa, south Africa would be a Zulu waste bush land.

Just look at them,men,women,boys,girls.... See that bony structure putting on his red prison outfit grin

All Black Africa should cut ties with that disgrace of a country.
Black south Africans are a disgrace to the world.

1 Like

Re: South Africa: Black African Foreign Owned Shops Looted In Soweto by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 15, 2019
GMbuharii:
Accursed human beings....just like accused coneheaded structures of who jubilate when they see the ever blessed igbos suffer similar attacks abroad.

Just look at them,men,women,boys,girls....

All Black Africa should cut ties with that disgrace of a country.
Black south Africans are a disgrace to the world

All this trash coming from a Igbo
Shiite igbos this days

1 Like

Re: South Africa: Black African Foreign Owned Shops Looted In Soweto by GMbuharii: 12:45pm On Aug 15, 2019
tstx:
Africa..... Africa..... Africa

Please are you based in ZA?
Re: South Africa: Black African Foreign Owned Shops Looted In Soweto by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 15, 2019
GMbuharii:

You seem to be Timmypromise.

Seun lalasticlala mynd44 obinoscopy oam4j ngadawo
Rule 19

Haq haq

Re: South Africa: Black African Foreign Owned Shops Looted In Soweto by hisgrace090: 12:56pm On Aug 15, 2019
So this people are nothing but criminals?
Re: South Africa: Black African Foreign Owned Shops Looted In Soweto by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 15, 2019
tstx:
Black African foreign-owned shops were targeted in Soweto Wednesday evening as some residents went on a looting spree.

A night of violence and intimidation erupted in Soweto, Johannesburg on Wednesday night, as dozens of local residents turned on the black African foreign nationals who run spaza shops in the area.

A number of stores were targeted by the community. Police have attempted to restore calm in the area throughout the early hours of the morning, as they try to find a motive to this case.

The looting incidents were confirmed in Zola, Emdeni, Moletsane, White City, Zondi and Rockville by police spokesperson Captain Kay Makhubele.

He said that there was no indication yet as to why the looting had started, and said the police officers on the ground were monitoring the situation.
At least six people have been arrested so far.

Reacting to the news, The South African Human Rights Commission (the Commission or SAHRC) condemned the looting of shops owned by non-nationals in different parts of Soweto, and called on everyone to respect and uphold the rule of law and refrain from criminal actions, particularly when such acts are directed against vulnerable groups.

This is however not the first time black African foreign-owned shops have been targeted in Soweto, at around the same time last year, several shops were looted with many residents accusing the establishments of selling fake goods and expired foods.

https://listwand.com/south-africa-black-african-foreign-owned-shops-looted-in-soweto/

Damn!!!
black south africans and nigerians need to exchange country
Re: South Africa: Black African Foreign Owned Shops Looted In Soweto by tstx(m): 1:14pm On Aug 15, 2019
GMbuharii:

Please are you based in ZA?
No I'm not
Re: South Africa: Black African Foreign Owned Shops Looted In Soweto by TMKsouth: 1:39pm On Aug 15, 2019
They should go ransack Hillbrow, Yeoville and Bree taxi rank where the REAL foreign criminals are. The Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: South Africa: Black African Foreign Owned Shops Looted In Soweto by DrGaius(m): 1:44pm On Aug 15, 2019
It seems to me that this is no longer a war against Nigeria alone. It's time the rest of African countries launched an investigation into the problem and
deal decisively with the root cause.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa: Black African Foreign Owned Shops Looted In Soweto by tstx(m): 1:49pm On Aug 15, 2019
TMKsouth:

They should go ransack Hillbrow, Yeoville and Bree taxi rank where the REAL foreign criminals are. The Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: South Africa: Black African Foreign Owned Shops Looted In Soweto by TMKsouth: 2:09pm On Aug 15, 2019
[quote author=tstx post=81280169][/quote]

I'll buy a new and better one - I'm South African, I can afford it.

1 Like

Re: South Africa: Black African Foreign Owned Shops Looted In Soweto by Hoodbilonia: 2:14pm On Aug 15, 2019
Africans are cursed
Re: South Africa: Black African Foreign Owned Shops Looted In Soweto by tstx(m): 2:15pm On Aug 15, 2019
TMKsouth:

That's true.. You a south African.. stealing another one from a store owned by a black African is always an option ...

1 Like

Re: South Africa: Black African Foreign Owned Shops Looted In Soweto by TMKsouth: 2:18pm On Aug 15, 2019
tstx:

That's true.. You a south African.. stealing another one from a store owned by a black African is always an option ...

Like I said I can afford it. Now scram ape.

1 Like

Re: South Africa: Black African Foreign Owned Shops Looted In Soweto by tstx(m): 2:24pm On Aug 15, 2019
TMKsouth:

Like I said I can afford it. Now scram ape.

Like all black South Africans, you are Intellectually disabled.. So I'm not surprised with what you just typed..

1 Like

Re: South Africa: Black African Foreign Owned Shops Looted In Soweto by Miaraka: 5:21pm On Aug 15, 2019
Timmyprox:

Damn!!!
black south africans and nigerians need to exchange country
This is a very good idea. We'll learn how not to wait for government to do things for us and you'll learn to live according to rules but you should please take the mosquotoes with you.

1 Like

Re: South Africa: Black African Foreign Owned Shops Looted In Soweto by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 15, 2019
Miaraka:

This is a very good idea. We'll learn how not to wait for government to do things for us and you'll learn to live according to rules but you should please take the mosquotoes with you.

White man rules

In your own country ahh!!!!
Nigerians see this one oooo
Re: South Africa: Black African Foreign Owned Shops Looted In Soweto by Miaraka: 6:15pm On Aug 15, 2019
tstx:

Like all black South Africans, you are Intellectually disabled.. So I'm not surprised with what you just typed..

There's no difference between the two of you. You are an embarrassing set of wins reminiscent of the pot calling the kettle black.
Re: South Africa: Black African Foreign Owned Shops Looted In Soweto by Miaraka: 6:19pm On Aug 15, 2019
tstx:

Re: South Africa: Black African Foreign Owned Shops Looted In Soweto by Chithauri(m): 6:25pm On Aug 15, 2019
TMKsouth:

fool. You will forever remain a slave to you white masters. Zulu monkey

1 Like

Re: South Africa: Black African Foreign Owned Shops Looted In Soweto by Miaraka: 7:36pm On Aug 15, 2019
Nigerians, Nigerians, Nigerians! How many times did I call you?
I live in Randburg which is part of greater Johannesburg. Soweto is one of the villages where I grew up. That's where my father's house is situated.
I heard about the looting earlier in the day. Media on the ground in Soweto has been talking about Pakistani owned shops being looted, not African immigrant owned shops. This African immigrant owned shop narrative is a distortion because some people squeeze in the xenophobia allegation into everything that has to do with black South Africans.
I've called some of the guys I know who are based in Soweto and they've confirmed that it's Pakistani owned shops and further explained that the land and buildings are owned by black South Africans. The shops are a form of joint venture between the black Sowetan landlords and Pakistanis.
The black Sowetan landlords are the ones who're affected and therefore have every right to complain and demand the arrest of the looters.
No Nigerian, Ghanaian, Ugandan or Tanzanian, etc. is affected. Besides, they don't live or do busines there. They live and do business here in Johannesburg and some of it's suburbs which are mainly populated by them.
That notwithstanding, the looting is unjustifiable and criminal. Only a very small minority of the 1,3 million people of Soweto, probably not more than 1000, are perpetrators of this crime. The hands of our police are full but I hope they'll be able to identify the culprits who are the real instigators of this looting which is mainly carried out by some paid unemployed youth. Someone is paying. We need to know who it is and what is and deal with them.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa: Black African Foreign Owned Shops Looted In Soweto by TMKsouth: 6:56am On Aug 16, 2019
Chithauri:
fool. You will forever remain a slave to you white masters. Zulu monkey

Actually I'm Sotho. So, I'm a Sotho slave Chithauri.
Re: South Africa: Black African Foreign Owned Shops Looted In Soweto by TMKsouth: 6:59am On Aug 16, 2019
tstx:

Where has your intellectual "superiority" left you? Poverty capital of the world?? After 60 years of self-rule? I should say "misrule".
Re: South Africa: Black African Foreign Owned Shops Looted In Soweto by Nobody: 8:38am On Aug 17, 2019
TMKsouth:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.africanews.com/amp/2019/07/30/capetown-ranked-the-most-dangerous-city-in-africa/

Your police and that drought are not killing you bullet bags quick enough and that's why you've turned Cape Town, one of your main tourist attractions into a shithole.
Re: South Africa: Black African Foreign Owned Shops Looted In Soweto by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 17, 2019
TMKsouth:

Of course you can. When you're using your school fees to buy a phone that you'll burn to show off in front of your brain dead squad, why won't you be able to afford it?

https://mg.co.za/article/2011-10-28-burn-after-wearing-township-kids-hottest-fashion-statement

They’re lying to themselves. We all know that some of these kids stay in four-room houses and live off their grandmother’s pension money.” Buhle Makhubu**, the older brother of an i’khothane fan, says it is a “really disappointing” trend, especially when expensive clothes are destroyed in front of children who live in poverty.

So where does all the money for i’khothane come from? Ndaba says his father buys him the clothes, but admits that he also uses his pocket money intended for school. One member of the Element of Style crew says his grandmother and sister work for him, so he can afford to maintain the lifestyle. Nobody talks about how far they would go to get money to buy clothes. Nobody mentions crime. For now, i’khothane is just about being better than everyone else.

http://www.odditycentral.com/news/izhikhothane-south-africas-bizarre-money-burning-sub-culture.html
Re: South Africa: Black African Foreign Owned Shops Looted In Soweto by TMKsouth: 2:53pm On Aug 20, 2019

Of course you can. When you're using your school fees to buy a phone that you'll burn to show off in front of your brain dead squad, why won't you be able to afford it?

https://mg.co.za/article/2011-10-28-burn-after-wearing-township-kids-hottest-fashion-statement

They’re lying to themselves. We all know that some of these kids stay in four-room houses and live off their grandmother’s pension money.” Buhle Makhubu**, the older brother of an i’khothane fan, says it is a “really disappointing” trend, especially when expensive clothes are destroyed in front of children who live in poverty.

So where does all the money for i’khothane come from? Ndaba says his father buys him the clothes, but admits that he also uses his pocket money intended for school. One member of the Element of Style crew says his grandmother and sister work for him, so he can afford to maintain the lifestyle. Nobody talks about how far they would go to get money to buy clothes. Nobody mentions crime. For now, i’khothane is just about being better than everyone else.

http://www.odditycentral.com/news/izhikhothane-south-africas-bizarre-money-burning-sub-culture.html

You want me to defend ikhothani like its any of my business? Go inbox them.
Re: South Africa: Black African Foreign Owned Shops Looted In Soweto by TMKsouth: 2:58pm On Aug 20, 2019

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.africanews.com/amp/2019/07/30/capetown-ranked-the-most-dangerous-city-in-africa/

Your police and that drought are not killing you bullet bags quick enough and that's why you've turned Cape Town, one of your main tourist attractions into a shithole.

Our police kill far more Nigerians than they do us.

Also, I live in Joburg where there's no drought. In fact, we have some of the cleanest drinking tap water in the world. Think about that this evening when you are buying water in small plastic sachets.

(1) (Reply)

Access Control System Installation And Maintenance / Xenophobia: White Man Beat Two South African That Came To Attack Him (VIDEO) / Please Help Me Teach This Scammer A Lesson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.