Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,140 members, 7,887,296 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:15 AM

7 Things You Need To Know About Oyo-Ita’s Alleged N3 Billion Fraud - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 7 Things You Need To Know About Oyo-Ita’s Alleged N3 Billion Fraud (691 Views)

They Said All Nigerians Developed Lagos. What About Oyo? / Oyo-ita Returns To Work After Rejection Of Retirement / Winifred Oyo-ita Sends Retirement Letter To Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Things You Need To Know About Oyo-Ita’s Alleged N3 Billion Fraud by Nigeria2day(m): 4:23am On Aug 16, 2019
The news filtered in on Thursday that Nigeria’s number one civil servant, Head of Service Mrs Winifred Oyo-Ita is being questioned by the anti-graft agency, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC over alleged 3-billion-naira fraud.

Here are 7 things you need to know to keep a tab on the story as it develops.

1. Contractor Kickbacks Got Her Into Trouble: You know, getting a government contract is like fishing. You can’t catch any without your hand soaking in the water. And for contractors handling projects for all Nigeria’s several federal ministries, that “water” allegedly became Oyo-Ita. And according to the EFCC, bribes received from contained amounted to up N3 billion naira which is now being investigated.

2. She Cashed Out Time Big Time On Overtime Allowance: If you know about civil service remunerations, you would understand that at some level, you get paid overtime, especially if you have to work outside your duty station.

It is called Duty Tour Allowance, DTA. And according to the EFCC, Oyo-Ita and her allies allegedly turned this into cash cow as they allegedly falsified this DTA allowances.

3. She Is Not Alone: Yes, like every financial crime...

Read the rest here - https:///2H9HVvE

Re: 7 Things You Need To Know About Oyo-Ita’s Alleged N3 Billion Fraud by blackpanda: 5:57am On Aug 16, 2019
Which type of incomplete fake post is this. BTW duty tour allowance is not the same as overtime. Stop copying trash
Re: 7 Things You Need To Know About Oyo-Ita’s Alleged N3 Billion Fraud by kikelomo7430: 6:36am On Aug 16, 2019
complete the post

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help...I wish someone would save me and speak some sweet words of rationa / FG National ID Card Check: Mine Is not Available For Collection, What Do I Do / Soldiers Of Onitsha Cantonment Embark On Opening Up Of Blocked Drainages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.