Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,379 members, 7,920,442 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 07:18 AM

How To Earn From A Public Speaking Career - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Earn From A Public Speaking Career (203 Views)

2019 Goal: How Do I Become Skilled In Public Speaking? / Start A Career In Public Speaking / How To Start A Career In Public Speaking In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Earn From A Public Speaking Career by Femsolutionist(m): 12:03pm On Aug 16, 2019
Public speaking is the process or act of performing a speech to a live audience by giving out values to people (Audiences) with a Mindset of impacting knowledge and in the Process brings Money in return of the rendered ervices.

Public speaking is a Global business that can be monetised either online or offline depending on the best way you want to go about it.

Before now, I always think it is a very hard thing to earn via speaking to people. I tell you, its not something difficult at all, all you need is three P's (3p's).

I. Products
2. Program and
3. Platform.

NB: Speaking is not Talking because Words are Spirits and are Life.

NB: A public speaker is more or less like a doctor because they speak to bring confort, hope, faith and healing to the hearts of their audiences.

NB: A Voice without a Product is a Waste.

1. Product:

As a public speaker, you must have a product to sell to people. When I mean a product, I don't mean what you have in your head but a physical proof of what you are carrying in your head.

This can be inform of Hardcopy books, Ebooks, Audios, Videos etc.
NB: Any product you intended to sell to your audience must be able to meet their needs or solve some of the problems they may be facing.

You mean is it possible to sell products to you Audiences and get paid?

Absolutely YES! On the last Saturday of February 2019, I was invited to come and talk in a church during their Enterprise Sunday. I taught them within the time frame that I was giving and I gave a 50% discount for them to buy my Ebook at the rate of #5000 and 25 people bought the product and I made #125, 000 from selling them my products except the Honorarium that I was given.

2. Programme:

Organising programmes is one of the surest and fastest means of earning in the public speaking industry. Just imagine, comedians host programmes and it will be sold out because its meeting a need which is to make people relax, happy and have fun.
You can also put together programmes loaded with solutions to some of the common problems faced by people in your environment. All you need is to get a team to work with you.
NB: It must be well planned and organised. It can be online or offline. Print flyers, Banners and advertise through different medium available with an affordable gate fee.

3. Platform :
This is the most important part in this industry that you must take with all seriousness if you really wants to make this public speaking as a career.
To go far in this business, you need a platform to express yourself either online or offline.
There are different strategies that can be adopted.
However, I will share with you few that works for me.
They include:
1. Offering volunteer services
2. Facebook Pages

The above stated platforms have been working for me and some of my students who adopted same both strategies.

Do you want to be mentored in this career?

If YES, contact me via signature

(1) (Reply)

Poise Graduate Finishing Academy Set To Release Volume 2 Of Groundbreaking Book / Our Daily Give Away / Don't Know How To Hire Freelancer - Here Are Some Tips to Hire Freelancer Easily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.