Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,315 members, 7,900,725 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 03:58 PM

Maths Gurus! Help solve these - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Maths Gurus! Help solve these (1308 Views)

Please, Maths Gurus In The House, Help With Solution / My Physics/further Maths Gurus. Check This Out / Our Maths Gurus Please Come In And Solve This For Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Maths Gurus! Help solve these by Tahtah: 1:51pm On Aug 16, 2019
1.(a) A man walks due west for 4km. He then changes direction and walks on a bearing of 197° until he is south-west of his starting point. How far is he then from his starting point?(b)The bearing of a house from a point A is 319°. From a point B, 317m due east of A the bearing of the house is 288°.How far is the house from A?(c) An aeroplane flies from a town X on a bearing of N45°E to another town Y, a distance of 200km. It then changes course and flies to another town Z on a bearing of S60°E.If Z is directly east of X, calculate (i)the distance from X to Z (ii) the distance from Y to XZ(d) from points A and B on level ground, the angle of elevation of the top of a building are 25° and 37° respectively. If |AB|=57m, calculate the distances of the top of the building from A and B if they are both on the same side of the building.

Guide
Answers
(a)8.15km
(b)190m
(c)i) 386km (ii) 141km
(d) 165m; 116m

(1) (Reply)

Bad Bad Children Who Killed (histogore) / Greetings / Volunteer For Ja Nigeria This Summer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.