Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,313 members, 7,974,380 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 10:40 PM

28 Days Deposit For Uk Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 28 Days Deposit For Uk Visa (7286 Views)

Paying For Uk Visa Application Using Verve (powered By Mypaga) / Should Nigerians Pay £3000 For UK Visa Bond?? / Using Fixed Deposit For Tier4 Uk Student Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

28 Days Deposit For Uk Visa by anjisagi: 9:00pm On Oct 21, 2010
Dear frens,
Plz help me soon, i need to knw as soon as i can,

my father has been transferring some money, and depositing some into my bank account. we are hoping to have collected the entire amount required for my tuition and lodging fees by early Nov in my account,

Can i deposit money this way bit by bit, and then count the 28 days from the date I have the money ready or is it mandatory to deposit/transfer the lump sum amount that is required into my account? Also, will i have to show how the money came to my account or an affidavit of support letter from my father?

any help is appreciated!
Re: 28 Days Deposit For Uk Visa by justwise(m): 9:21pm On Oct 21, 2010
anjisagi:

Dear frens,Plz help me soon, i need to knw as soon as i can,
my father has been transferring some money, and depositing some into my bank account. we are hoping to have collected the entire amount required for my tuition and lodging fees by early Nov in my account,

Can i deposit money this way bit by bit, and then count the 28 days from the date I have the money ready or is it mandatory to deposit/transfer the lump sum amount that is required into my account? Also, will i have to show how the money came to my account or an affidavit of support letter from my father?any help is appreciated!
There is nothing wrong in depositing the money that way, and its not mandatory to transfer the lump,not even a good idea.

Sponsor's letter from ur dady will do
Re: 28 Days Deposit For Uk Visa by anjisagi: 4:56am On Oct 22, 2010
Thnx a ton!!

I feel so relieved now, and i'm so happy that justwise answered! thnks. smiley

I think i shud have the entire amount soon. Is it true that i have to make one last transaction before I take the print out of the statement, to show that this is my closing balance?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 28 Days Deposit For Uk Visa by justwise(m): 7:06am On Oct 22, 2010
anjisagi:

Thnx a ton!!

I feel so relieved now, and i'm so happy that justwise answered! thnks. smiley

I think i shud have the entire amount soon. Is it true that i have to make one last transaction before I take the print out of the statement, to show that this is my closing balance?

You can do that IF ur bank statement doesn't show closing balance but if it does then there is no point making the last transaction.

1 Like

Re: 28 Days Deposit For Uk Visa by afime: 11:12pm On Oct 22, 2010
The money must have been in your account for at least 28 days from the time you sumbmit your application. If your dad is sponsoring you then he needs to write a letter and you must show evidence that he is your father (birth cert) otherwise you will be refused. The closing balance shouldn't be more than a month old. Good luck.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 28 Days Deposit For Uk Visa by anjisagi: 9:27am On Dec 03, 2010
I jus realised that my father is not the only person who have put in money for me in my account. My uncle and his wife are also sponsoring me. So wat do i do in this case?

Someone also told me that the affidavit is required only if you are using your parent's account. I am using my own account but my family's help. What shud i do now? plz help,
Re: 28 Days Deposit For Uk Visa by afime: 10:55pm On Dec 03, 2010
If the money is in your account then you only have to show the funds were there for minimum 28 days and the statement should not be older than one month. Doesn't matter if other people give you money and you put it in your own account. If you are using someone elses account it can only be your parents - no one else and as i said before you have to show your relationship. Look on UKBA's website for PBS Tier 4- it will tell you exactly what to do!
My qualification? ECO!!

1 Like

Re: 28 Days Deposit For Uk Visa by anjisagi: 2:53pm On Dec 07, 2010
Hello!

I got my bank statement out today. I had deposited the req amt by Nov last month bt did not deposit any amt further after the req amt was there in my account. So, my bank statement obviously shows the closing balance date as 2nd Nov ( as it was the last transaction). But the bank has given me a letter stating that it is the statement until Dec. (only becoz i didnt make any transaction until Dec, the statement shows transactions till 2nd Nov only)

I am wondering whether i shud make a deposit in Dec just to be on the safer side, so that the ECO does not get confused and forget to see that the statement is actually till Dec!

Pls advise soon, while i hav the time,
Thanks for all ur help!smiley

1 Like

Re: 28 Days Deposit For Uk Visa by miramira96: 3:59pm On Jan 15, 2020
Hello!!!!

I don't know how this works but I'm hoping to get some replies back. Thanks!!!

I was refused my student Tier 4 visa yesterday because of insufficient fund. My bank indicated that my opening amount was #347,650 which was on the 12th of November 2019 and a closing amount was #9.9million on 16th December 2019. I was might to have 9.2 for the period of 28days and i had about 10million on the 13th November 2019 which was the day the money was completed and the minimum that was there was around 9.9 Million till 16th December 2019 which means the money was there for more than 28days but the agent that attended to my application stated that I had the opening amount which was #347,650 for the period of 28days. Which is insufficient for my funds required by the UK embassy.

Moreover, I thought UK embassy were might to start counting from the day the money was completed in the account till the 28th day?

Please advise on what can be done to this because it was stated that I can fill a administrative review

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 28 Days Deposit For Uk Visa by edach123: 11:36am On Sep 18, 2022
I think this is a mistake from their own end. You should fill the administrative review and proof that you met the requirement which is a minimum of 28days.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2month Tourist Visa To Spain, How Do I Extend / GOL Airline To Begin Flights To Lagos / Expiring International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.