Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,056 members, 7,887,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 07:14 PM

Is Fashola For The Elites Or The Suffering Masses? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Fashola For The Elites Or The Suffering Masses? (1036 Views)

Ayobo/ipaja Road Under Construction: Is Fashola Working Or Not? / Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship / “The Elites Are Nigeria’s Problems” Jonathan Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Fashola For The Elites Or The Suffering Masses? by ngozianu(m): 11:03pm On Oct 21, 2010
I am asking this question based on physical facts and statistical data about the events in Lagos state.

For instance ,i live in Alimosho LGA and up till 2day, i have not seen any tarred street ,even the popular Egbeda-Isheri road is a hub of deadly traffic,since the road was plundred and abandoned by the contractor(BULLETIN) who was not punished by the fashola govt.

I believe if this same road was in IKOYI,LEKKI or V/Island the govt would have given the contractor a deadline and carry out routine and unscheduled visits.

Go to Ojo,okoko,iyana ipaja,abule egba,ketu,ojota,apapa,mile 2 and the other parts of Lagos excluding the island, you will see that 90% of the roads are full of pot holes .

Worst still is that the so called LGA or LCDA chairmen and the councilors are not doing any street reconstruction at all infact they are just idle and redundant.

The govt and its arms like KAI,LASTMA etc keep on haunting okada riders in effort to enforce traffic laws, yet AGBEROS and area boys are having a field day along the bus stops.

In my opinion I think we over-praised the Fashola from the beginning and now all the infrasttructures are begging for over due repairs.

PLEASE describe the state of the streets and roads in the area of lagos that you live so that we can protest our dissatisfaction so far.

EKO ONI BAJE!!!
Re: Is Fashola For The Elites Or The Suffering Masses? by ngozianu(m): 5:22am On Oct 22, 2010
On wednesday 19th october,a group of concerned Lagosians demonstrated to Alausa to ask the Govt why is it that they focused more on the Island for construction of infrastructures like good roads etc
Re: Is Fashola For The Elites Or The Suffering Masses? by babapupa: 5:57am On Oct 22, 2010
ngozianu:

On wednesday 19th october,a group of concerned Lagosians demonstrated to Alausa to ask the Govt why is it that they focused more on the Island for construction of infrastructures like good roads etc

The problem is, if I ask you to name 5 ongoing projects on the Island u no go fit name them, on the other hand, I fit name more than 20 ongoing and completed on the mainland.

Is Lagos badagry on the Island?

Is the ultra modern Oyingbo market on the Island?

Is Adeniran Ogunsanya shopping center on the Island

Is the new Tejuosho market on the Island?

Is the new transformer manufacturing factory on the Island

Is the ongoing metro rail project on the Island

Are the new drivers institutes on the Island?

Is the new Okota-Itire link bridge on the Island?

Is the new Ifako-Ijaye Maternal and Child Centre on the Island?

Is the new Akute Power Project on the Island?

Is the new 256 units of twin two and one bedroom flats in Igbogbo Ikorodu on the Island?

Is the new Micro Water Works in Isawo, Ikorodu on the Island?

Is the new Ferry service  and jetty in Ebute Ipakodo on the Island?

And I'm not even talking about roads yet,

I fit go on and on and on, but let me give you an opportunity to name just 5 on the Island.
Re: Is Fashola For The Elites Or The Suffering Masses? by EzeUche0(m): 6:03am On Oct 22, 2010
I think Public Housing should be taken into consideration.
Re: Is Fashola For The Elites Or The Suffering Masses? by shanda(m): 7:37am On Oct 22, 2010
He's trying in other areas, but the roads are getting worse by the day. I spend an average of four hours in traffic daily because of bad roads.
Re: Is Fashola For The Elites Or The Suffering Masses? by xoxogg(f): 9:45am On Oct 22, 2010
@ poster, Lagos is large, he cant do it all, but he does what he can. Take instance policies he made for Okada drivers for their safety, n this are unarguably part of the suffering masses. An initiative like Lekki toll gate cannot be repeated for ketu or mushin because the people there have enough expenses as it is without toll fees. He does what he feels is best for each part of Lagos, but he can't do it all in four years, lets give him more time, hopefully development would extend to the area u'v complained about.
Re: Is Fashola For The Elites Or The Suffering Masses? by ngozianu(m): 2:08pm On Oct 22, 2010
ngozianu:

see my reply below
Is Lagos badagry on the Island? PROJECT HAS BEEN HALTED,YOU DON’T EVEN KNOW THE ROAD AT ALL,BRF JUST DEMOLISHED THE POOR PEOPLES SHACKLES
Is the ultra modern Oyingbo market on the Island?, Have you filled the pot holes that lead to the so called market and do you think the traders can pay the millions BRF is demanding as rent?
Is Adeniran Ogunsanya shopping center on the Island…Must every where be shops and markets?

Is the new Tejuosho market on the Island?, Market,market everywhere

Is the new transformer manufacturing factory on the Island…Have they started operating?
Is the ongoing metro rail project on the Island, Please show me pictures of the rail tracks that has been laid to date
Are the new drivers institutes on the Island?, Go there and spend 2 hours on the road because of pot holes

Is the new Ifako-Ijaye Maternal and Child Centre on the Island?, Go around the streets and roads in Ifako-Ijaye and help fill the pot holes!!!

Is the new 256 units of twin two and one bedroom flats in Igbogbo Ikorodu on the Island?, Create another route for access,the 4th mainland bridge has been a pipe dream

Is the new Micro Water Works in Isawo, Ikorodu on the Island?, Create another route for access,the 4th mainland bridge has been a pipe dream,Ikorodu,odogunyan etc has one of the worst roads in lagos

Is the new Ferry service and jetty in Ebute Ipakodo on the Island?
Re: Is Fashola For The Elites Or The Suffering Masses? by tpia5: 2:16pm On Oct 22, 2010
lol
Re: Is Fashola For The Elites Or The Suffering Masses? by Kay17: 2:26pm On Oct 22, 2010
babapupa, how you dey?

I agree, Fashola has tried, spent a lot on roads,infrastructure in general. lagos is a new place. But the state government is overburdened, the local govts do nothing! They are too tiny to collect revenue, have tiny revenue bases, and the little they have is spend on salaries! The most meaningful reform would be on local govts.
Re: Is Fashola For The Elites Or The Suffering Masses? by babapupa: 2:30pm On Oct 22, 2010
ngozianu:

see my reply below
Is Lagos badagry on the Island? PROJECT HAS BEEN HALTED,YOU DON’T EVEN KNOW THE ROAD AT ALL,BRF JUST DEMOLISHED THE POOR PEOPLES SHACKLES
Is the ultra modern Oyingbo market on the Island?, Have you filled the pot holes that lead to the so called market and do you think the traders can pay the millions BRF is demanding as rent?
Is Adeniran Ogunsanya shopping center on the Island…Must every where be shops and markets?

Is the new Tejuosho market on the Island?, Market,market everywhere

Is the new transformer manufacturing factory on the Island…Have they started operating?
Is the ongoing metro rail project on the Island, Please show me pictures of the rail tracks that has been laid to date
Are the new drivers institutes on the Island?, Go there and spend 2 hours on the road because of pot holes

Is the new Ifako-Ijaye Maternal and Child Centre on the Island?, Go around the streets and roads in Ifako-Ijaye and help fill the pot holes!!!

Is the new 256 units of twin two and one bedroom flats in Igbogbo Ikorodu on the Island?, Create another route for access,the 4th mainland bridge has been a pipe dream

Is the new Micro Water Works in Isawo, Ikorodu on the Island?,  Create another route for access,the 4th mainland bridge has been a pipe dream,Ikorodu,odogunyan etc has one of the worst roads in lagos

Is the new Ferry service  and jetty in Ebute Ipakodo on the Island?

But you started by saying the state is not doing anything on the mainland and I gave you just a few, the burden is on you to show us what the state is doing on the island, name just 5. Do that instead of highlighting my list.

People like you come on here to spew nonsense that you can not backup with anything.

What people like you need to do is to just get out there and campaign to be the governor of 18 million people and when elected, print your own money, wave your magic fingers and build/fix all the roads overnight.

Till then, you're just making irrational noise.
Re: Is Fashola For The Elites Or The Suffering Masses? by babapupa: 2:53pm On Oct 22, 2010
Kay 17:

babapupa, how you dey?

I agree, Fashola has tried, spent a lot on roads,infrastructure in general. lagos is a new place. But the state government is overburdened, the local govts do nothing! They are too tiny to collect revenue, have tiny revenue bases, and the little they have is spend on salaries! The most meaningful reform would be on local govts.

Till many Nigerians stop trooping into Lagos and seeing Lagos as the only means of survival, the state shall remain over burdened. There is no ready made accommodation for the thousands trooping in daily talk less the folks already inside.

You are right about the local governments, but regardless, the state can not function beyond it's budget or tax Lagosians to death just to provide basic services.

Lagos is still a state within Nigeria and it's not immune to the many ills pulling the country back. The federal government fixing the power situation alone is enough to take care of the state's financial and other problems because Lagos is the commercial soul of the country and it's industries, factories and businesses in general are functioning at below 40% capacity which means less investments, less commercial revenue and tax base and less payroll tax base.
Re: Is Fashola For The Elites Or The Suffering Masses? by bestads(m): 2:16pm On Oct 24, 2010
yes i agree we overrated and over praised fashola,we need roads that with stand the pressure of vehicles,rain and floods
Re: Is Fashola For The Elites Or The Suffering Masses? by tpia5: 11:06pm On Oct 24, 2010
^^talk to God

maybe He can help you with that miracle.
Re: Is Fashola For The Elites Or The Suffering Masses? by gbengapro: 11:20pm On Oct 24, 2010
Babapupa, shut your dirty mouth. You are a stupid sycophant. You are a stupid fraud and you think others are as stupid as you. Where is the Badagry express? Where is the ultra modern Oyingbo market and which of your family member is selling pepper and fish there? Which metro project is on going? Etc. You just listed Fashola's propaganda projects yet the people are suffering. Floods everywhere, rent skyrocketing, unemployment all over, no water, bad roads, dilapidated schools etc.
Your fellow sycophants are always quick to give excuses like "I agree, Fashola has tried, spent a lot on roads, infrastructure in general, Lagos is a new place. But the state Govt is overburdened". What a dumb statement.
The truth is that Fashola is a failure. Either Tinubu kicks him out or we voters will kick him out period.
Re: Is Fashola For The Elites Or The Suffering Masses? by tpia5: 11:24pm On Oct 24, 2010
^^

gbengapro:

Lagos is always flooded when it rains. It's not only VI, and Ikoyi but all over Lagos-upland and lowland. This is basically because of poor urban planning, poor drainage and poor environmental condition. Big shame on Fashola. All the noise about his performance and building a new Lagos. It's a big JOKE. Lagos is gradually sinking and this guy and his idiotic supporters are busy making nois in the media and on line. God help us

tell your village members to stop trooping into lagos nah!

since it's sinking wetin una dey find again!!

you sef pack your load and comot nah, abi na by force to remain there?

go cry somewhere else!!
Re: Is Fashola For The Elites Or The Suffering Masses? by Akanbiedu(m): 10:46am On Oct 25, 2010
@poster

Government shouldn't be for the elites, neither should it be for the suffering masses. Government should represent the BEST INTEREST of all.
Re: Is Fashola For The Elites Or The Suffering Masses? by pobey(m): 6:49pm On Oct 25, 2010
the roads are so deplorable that a journey of 15 minutes will take you 1 hour and the LG or LCDA chairmen are idle
Re: Is Fashola For The Elites Or The Suffering Masses? by olafolarin(m): 11:43pm On Oct 25, 2010
gbengapro:

Babapupa, shut your dirty mouth. You are a silly sycophant. You are a silly fraud and you think others are as silly as you. Where is the Badagry express? Where is the ultra modern Oyingbo market and which of your family member is selling pepper and fish there? Which metro project is on going? Etc. You just listed Fashola's propaganda projects yet the people are suffering. Floods everywhere, rent skyrocketing, unemployment all over, no water, bad roads, dilapidated schools etc.
Your fellow sycophants are always quick to give excuses like "I agree, Fashola has tried, spent a lot on roads, infrastructure in general, Lagos is a new place. But the state Govt is overburdened". What a dumb statement.
The truth is that Fashola is a failure. Either Tinubu kicks him out or we voters will kick him out period.
In as much as you have every right to express your views,you need to be cautious and sincere.
Fashola is the best Governor in Nigeria not by default but by performance.
The share number of streets tarred and infrastructure development done by him is unprecedented in
the history of that state.And Lagos has 18 Million people livingin it.
Abia an Imo states have less than 6 million population each and you can still imagine the
level of crime,infrastructure decay, etc going on in those states.
With it's 18 Million population,crime is at it's lowest.
If people still don't like Fashola or not satisfied with his performance,Abeokuta,Ibadan or Benin is not far!!!!!!!
Re: Is Fashola For The Elites Or The Suffering Masses? by Kay17: 3:23pm On Oct 26, 2010
The excuse that ppl shouldn't migrate and that Lagos is for indigenous Lagosians is not bright. One it is a right of every Nigerian to move about freely, contribute to the development of the country in any place or manner. Fashola is the best govnor, really but he needs to decentralize the work.

As to the ambitious projects, they are massive and need time.
gbengapro:

Babapupa, shut your dirty mouth. You are a silly sycophant. You are a silly fraud and you think others are as silly as you. Where is the Badagry express? Where is the ultra modern Oyingbo market and which of your family member is selling pepper and fish there? Which metro project is on going? Etc. You just listed Fashola's propaganda projects yet the people are suffering. Floods everywhere, rent skyrocketing, unemployment all over, no water, bad roads, dilapidated schools etc.
Compared to other Nigerian govnors, grin grin grin fashola is far better than them! We can hardly expect someone better.
Re: Is Fashola For The Elites Or The Suffering Masses? by striker07(m): 9:56pm On Oct 26, 2010
I Agree with the post, Fashola needs to do a lot of work on Lagos Road, and some of his problems i think are his praise singers, considering the IGR generated in Lagos every month  i think Lagosians deserve more than this.
Re: Is Fashola For The Elites Or The Suffering Masses? by ngozianu(m): 10:47pm On Oct 26, 2010
unfortunately babpupa and tpia fall among the host of yoruba indigenes who do not know the way to their home town in Ogun,Oyo or Osun states and they are claiming omo oni ile in Lagos state like Asiwaju Tinubu who is from Iraagbiji in Boripe LGA of Osun state.

That explains their hostility towards those of us that are protesting our dissatisfaction of BRF so far.
Re: Is Fashola For The Elites Or The Suffering Masses? by bestads(m): 6:33am On Oct 27, 2010
i agree with the poster,BRF is focusing more on the high brow areas like ikoyi v/i etc in terms of road construction
Re: Is Fashola For The Elites Or The Suffering Masses? by 9icest: 8:48am On Oct 27, 2010
Kay 17:

babapupa, how you dey?

This is the most logical contribution here.
The local government needs to be improved, more funded, and also keep in constant check and their contribution tracked. Ofcourse most of them are very corrupt, but they are also elected for a purpose, and its not just to tar their residential streets alone, but to get their constituents totally improved.
BRF needs to save his hard work and his image by improving the roads. Most of the drainage systems are falling apart because the roads are bad except for the wonderful ones been done at Ajah. Get the LG involved and there will be greater improvement.
Re: Is Fashola For The Elites Or The Suffering Masses? by bestads(m): 3:54am On Dec 06, 2010
Fashola, is now focusing on PATCHING the roads in suburbs outside the island and mainland,let us watch and see how solid the repairs are ,if they can stand the early rains in 2011

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Is The Most Indebted State Of The Federation / Outcome Of Presidential Election: What Do You Expect? / Ondo State Indegines Should Watchout 4 Mimiko Game Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.