Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,851 members, 7,889,860 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 10:47 PM

Check These Sentence And Find Its Fault If Any. (is The Sentence Correct) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Check These Sentence And Find Its Fault If Any. (is The Sentence Correct) (582 Views)

"The Goat Died Inside The Water". Rewrite The Sentence Beginning With Water. / Which Of These Sentence Gave You Joy Or Sadness When You Were In School / Don't Say "I Will Text You" See What To Say-16 Wrong Sentence And Their Correct (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check These Sentence And Find Its Fault If Any. (is The Sentence Correct) by Mrshape: 10:11pm On Aug 19, 2019
Please let me alone, I am not an English.

share your views,
English is the most difficult subject, you will be failing and smiling, even some teachers don't know they don't really know it.
Let me see your view regarding the sentence.
Re: Check These Sentence And Find Its Fault If Any. (is The Sentence Correct) by Martinez39(m): 7:51am On Aug 20, 2019
Let me be, I not an English man.
Re: Check These Sentence And Find Its Fault If Any. (is The Sentence Correct) by Mrshape: 7:57am On Aug 20, 2019
Martinez39:
Let me be, I not an English man.
LoL
sir is this correct one?
Re: Check These Sentence And Find Its Fault If Any. (is The Sentence Correct) by Martinez39(m): 8:19am On Aug 20, 2019
Mrshape:

Lol
sir is this correct one?
Yes. It's correct.
Re: Check These Sentence And Find Its Fault If Any. (is The Sentence Correct) by Mrshape: 8:22am On Aug 20, 2019
Martinez39:
Yes. It's correct.
Ok sir,
Let me wait for other people contribution,
But check your sentence again o,
It sounds funny.
Re: Check These Sentence And Find Its Fault If Any. (is The Sentence Correct) by Martinez39(m): 8:48am On Aug 20, 2019
Mrshape:

Ok sir,
Let me wait for other people contribution,
But check your sentence again o,
It sounds funny.
An English man is someone from England. The traditional and official language of England is English, the same English we speak since they were our colonial masters.
Re: Check These Sentence And Find Its Fault If Any. (is The Sentence Correct) by Mrshape: 9:55am On Aug 20, 2019
Martinez39:
An English man is someone from England. The traditional and official language of England is English, the same English we speak since they were our colonial masters.
That is why it is gender related
Just as a Nigerian is someone born in Nigeria.
An English is also correct word for a person born in England.

I think the sentence is correct .

But what do I know in English an infinit dimensional language

1 Like

Re: Check These Sentence And Find Its Fault If Any. (is The Sentence Correct) by baldboy(m): 10:12am On Aug 20, 2019
To me the sentence is grammatically correct.

why?

Leave me alone can also be expressed as 'let me alone'. (transitive)

The phrase, I'm not an English, though sounds weird is also grammatically correct.

An English is someone who's a native of England.

However to avoid ambiguity of expression, the sentence can be re-expressed as: leave me alone, I'm not a native of England.
Re: Check These Sentence And Find Its Fault If Any. (is The Sentence Correct) by Mrshape: 1:24pm On Aug 20, 2019
baldboy:
To me the sentence is grammatically correct.

why?

Leave me alone can also be expressed as 'let me alone'. (transitive)

The phrase, I'm not an English, though sounds weird is also grammatically correct.

An English is someone who's a native of England.

However to avoid ambiguity of expression, the sentence can be re-expressed as: leave me alone, I'm not a native of England.

Thanks
I made that statement to some of my mathematics friends trying to correct my English and they all started to laugh,
Was like
I never said anything wrong,
One said he knew I am not an English but I am a mathematics.

I was trying to convince them, but it made little or no result.

That's when I really confirm that English is a difficult language or subject even more than mathematics.

Someone can fail it with pride!
Re: Check These Sentence And Find Its Fault If Any. (is The Sentence Correct) by Martinez39(m): 2:30pm On Aug 20, 2019
Mrshape:

Thanks
I made that statement to some of my mathematics friends trying to correct my English and they all started to laugh,
Was like

That's when I really confirm that English is a difficult language or subject even more than mathematics.

Personally, English is harder than maths.
Re: Check These Sentence And Find Its Fault If Any. (is The Sentence Correct) by Mrshape: 2:34pm On Aug 20, 2019
Martinez39:
Personally, English is harder than maths.
Same with me o,
English hard gam.
Re: Check These Sentence And Find Its Fault If Any. (is The Sentence Correct) by baldboy(m): 8:17am On Aug 21, 2019
Mrshape:

Thanks
Was like

Yeah someone can fail English language with pride, but once you know at least more than the basic rules of the language, you'll save yourself some embarrassing errors.

But it's very funny how some native speaker of the language still couldn't have the perfect mastery of it.

English language rules change with time, unlike mathematics whose formulas and equations have been in existence even before some great professor of it.

Nonetheless, English language is very fun, as well as interesting. Only if you're interested in it.

(1) (Reply)

Why We Sacked Over 1000 Lecturers In Ekiti State University - Vice Chancellors S / University And College Students' Return Date To Classes / The Most Brilliant Girl In Town

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.