Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,021 members, 7,883,533 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 12:16 PM

So When Will Hausa Produce A President In Nigeria? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / So When Will Hausa Produce A President In Nigeria? (3128 Views)

Will Hausa-Fulani People Take Over Osun State After Tinubu's Shameful Loss? / When Will Hausa Protest / How Goodluck Jonathan Was Disrespected As A President (Throwback Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So When Will Hausa Produce A President In Nigeria? by Texman21: 6:25pm On Aug 20, 2019
this is funny
Re: So When Will Hausa Produce A President In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 20, 2019
boss1310:
this is one of the best post I ve seen on Nairaland because am starting to think that all Nairalanders are tribalists.
sometimes you see stupid threads and very stupid comments here with the Yoruba and Igbos abusing each other and I wonder what the hell is wrong with some people.
they are abusing each other because of one rich politician who have constant electricity,water and food on his table while they themselves can't even afford enough data on their phone for their argument.
let me ask this question. in all the tribes mentioned here that have ruled this country have any of them benefitted with basic amenities and economically immensely from the leader being from their zone.
now that Fulani man is at the helm of affairs are we in the south not passing through the same hardship as the ordinary Fulani?why are we so blindly tribalistic that we indirectly aid these politicians to be ruining our lives
am starting to think these politicians have agents who foster hatred among the different tribes in Nigeria so we can never unite to fight them
the yoruba, ibo fight is beyond you and it's not cuz of political differences or reasons. It is dated way back pre independence and 1966 and to the civil war where their leaders put all the blames on yoruba for their lost, it has been passed on to every generation till date and they'll continue passing it on, yorubas are only defending themselves against igbos hatred towards them so it has nothing to do with today politics.

And hausas being slaves to the fulanis is one major reason the country is as it is today, if the fulanis have strong competitions over there they'll do better. They use the population of the hausas in their own favour knowing fully well the hausas can't challenge them.

They need to wake up and help make nigeria better.

2 Likes

Re: So When Will Hausa Produce A President In Nigeria? by Olamhen: 8:39pm On Aug 20, 2019
Op you're wrong about abdulsalam and babangida, one of them if not the two are hausa, they're are not nupe at all. Both of them are not nupe an.nwver claimed to be nupe. Abdulsalam is from kontagora which is a hausa dominated region in Niger state. So saying hausa never ruled Nigeria is a lie and I an never accept with you. If you know Niger state well you won't call abdulsalam and babangida nupe or gwari.
Re: So When Will Hausa Produce A President In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 20, 2019
Olamhen:
Op you're wrong about abdulsalam and babangida, one of them if not the two are hausa, they're are not nupe at all. Both of them are not nupe an.nwver claimed to be nupe. Abdulsalam is from kontagora which is a hausa dominated region in Niger state. So saying hausa never ruled Nigeria is a lie and I an never accept with you. If you know Niger state well you won't call abdulsalam and babangida nupe or gwari.
babangida is nupe, as for abdulsalam, you can read his wiki buh surely not hausa.
Re: So When Will Hausa Produce A President In Nigeria? by boss1310(m): 8:48pm On Aug 20, 2019
IntrovertedK:
the yoruba, ibo fight is beyond you and it's not cuz of political differences or reasons. It is dated way back pre independence and 1966 and to the civil war where their leaders put all the blames on yoruba for their lost, it has been passed on to every generation till date and they'll continue passing it on, yorubas are only defending themselves against igbos hatred towards them so it has nothing to do with today politics.

And hausas being slaves to the fulanis is one major reason the country is as it is today, if the fulanis have strong competitions over there they'll do better. They use the population of the hausas in their own favour knowing fully well the hausas can't challenge them.

They need to wake up and help make nigeria better.
so in conclusion all you are saying is that because leaders of the past foster the hatred that its beyond you and I living now to correct the ills of the past and know that hatred doesn't benefit anyone especially this 21st century
Re: So When Will Hausa Produce A President In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 20, 2019
boss1310:
so in conclusion all you are saying is that because leaders of the past foster the hatred that its beyond you and I living now to correct the ills of the past and know that hatred doesn't benefit anyone especially this 21st century
you and i can't do anything about it. It's a cord or shall i say seed they've been planting since 1966 and they are not stopping, they'll continue planting it in their unborn generation. It's normal for a victim to defend himself/herself from his/her attacker. So it will prolly be forever.
Re: So When Will Hausa Produce A President In Nigeria? by Peroh426: 9:03pm On Aug 20, 2019
When you are not informed you will be deformed and when you are deformed you will not perform .. . How will they perform when they are not informed (educated)
Re: So When Will Hausa Produce A President In Nigeria? by boss1310(m): 9:07pm On Aug 20, 2019
IntrovertedK:
you and i can't do anything about it. It's a cord or shall i say seed they've been planting since 1966 and they are not stopping, they'll continue planting it in their unborn generation. It's normal for a victim to defend himself/herself from his/her attacker. So it will prolly be forever.
you can't do anything about it you mean to say not me,in my little way I will keep educating people about it.let me tell you this if ordinary Nigerians have the belief that they will keep fighting each other and still have a good government then they are living in fool's paradise
we really need serious reorientation in this country and that will be my last reply
Re: So When Will Hausa Produce A President In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 20, 2019
boss1310:
you can't do anything about it you mean to say not me,in my little way I will keep educating people about it.let me tell you this if ordinary Nigerians have the belief that they will keep fighting each other and still have a good government then they are living in fool's paradise
we really need serious reorientation in this country and that will be my last reply
before you go, take my last advice too. Igbos born outside east are really not all that difficult but the ones born and bred in the east, please kindly stay away from trying to change their mind. Infact don't even try. The hatred is embedded and it's like the blood they live on. Thanks and bye.
Re: So When Will Hausa Produce A President In Nigeria? by chiedozie198100: 9:19pm On Aug 20, 2019
they seem to be peace-loving.

they populate IMN. seem to mind their business.

n contented with what they have.

for those saying fulanis n hausas r one now, r either delusional or just telling blatant lies.

an average hausa man will feel highly offended if he's referred to as fulani.

*** their most popular warrior was none other than queen Amina(a woman), now that tells a lot about their men.
Re: So When Will Hausa Produce A President In Nigeria? by worstnightmare: 9:31pm On Aug 20, 2019
Op don't be foolish and mischevious. Babangida and abdulsalam are Hausa's. Like someone earlier said kontagora, wushishi and kagara emirates in Niger state belong to Hausa's. And one thing you should note is"you can't separate Hausa's from Fulani's. They are basically one now
Re: So When Will Hausa Produce A President In Nigeria? by 9jakool: 9:39pm On Aug 20, 2019
1.) I've said this before that Fulani people have latched on to the Hausa-Fulani title and benefited more from the politically alliance in the name of Islamic unity. There has never been a single Hausa head of state in Nigeria, yet 4 have came from Fulani, the most out of any ethnic group. Even Gwari, a minority has produced 2 heads of state.

2.) All of the monarchs ruling over Hausa people are Fulani and their political and elitist class are dominated by Fulanis. This has in turn enable a minority ethnic group to USE and CONTROL one of the largest ethnic groups in Nigeria.

3.) The notion that it's hard to find pure Hausas left in the North since Hausa and Fulani have mixed for centuries is a myth. This is yet another manipulative tactic.

4.)There are also Hausas and Fulanis in other countries like Niger, yet not such union exists in that country unlike in Nigeria. Hausa and Fulani people have very different culture and languages.
Re: So When Will Hausa Produce A President In Nigeria? by worstnightmare: 9:43pm On Aug 20, 2019
IntrovertedK:
babangida is nupe, as for abdulsalam, you can read his wiki buh surely not hausa.
oh have you ever heard of babagida's relatives. He got non cause he knows non owing to the fact that his dad was a Hausa trader who migrated to minna, and died shortly after his birth.
Re: So When Will Hausa Produce A President In Nigeria? by 9jakool: 9:50pm On Aug 20, 2019
Olamhen:

Both are actually Gwari ethnically from Minna. Because they are muslim doesn't make them Hausa. It's like people from Akwa-Ibom being mistakenly called Igbos.

@IntrovertedK
Re: So When Will Hausa Produce A President In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Aug 20, 2019
worstnightmare:
Op don't be foolish and mischevious. Babangida and abdulsalam are Hausa's. Like someone earlier said kontagora, wushishi and kagara emirates in Niger state belong to Hausa's. And one thing you should note is"you can't separate Hausa's from Fulani's. They are basically one now
you are prolly a fulani man. You are scared if you lose hausas loyalty that'd be the end of you in nigeria, ain't it?
Re: So When Will Hausa Produce A President In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Aug 20, 2019
9jakool:
1.) I've said this before that Fulani people have latched on to the Hausa-Fulani title and benefited more from the politically alliance in the name of Islamic unity. There has never been a single Hausa head of state in Nigeria, yet 4 have came from Fulani, the most out of any ethnic group. Even Gwari, a minority has produced 2 heads of state.

2.) All of the monarchs ruling over Hausa people are Fulani and their political and elitist class are dominated by Fulanis. This has in turn enable a minority ethnic group to USE and CONTROL one of the largest ethnic groups in Nigeria.

3.) The notion that it's hard to find pure Hausas left in the North since Hausa and Fulani have mixed for centuries is a myth. This is yet another manipulative tactic.

4.)There are also Hausas and Fulanis in other countries like Niger, yet not such union exists in that country unlike in Nigeria. Hausa and Fulani people have very different culture and languages.

they are totally different. They don't mingle here in gh at all. The nigeria hausas are really scared of the fulanis because of what dan fodiyo did to them back in those days hence they accepted their fate of being underdog to them.

They need to be liberated.
Re: So When Will Hausa Produce A President In Nigeria? by boss1310(m): 10:30pm On Aug 20, 2019
IntrovertedK:
before you go, take my last advice too. Igbos born outside east are really not all that difficult but the ones born and bred in the east, please kindly stay away from trying to change their mind. Infact don't even try. The hatred is embedded and it's like the blood they live on. Thanks and bye.
am Igbo born and bred in the east Onitsha in particular.this is why I said that tribalism is evil cos it will make you see a whole tribe as enemy how is that even possible. I have nothing against any tribe in this country I can only have problem with an individual not his tribe.I ve met many Nigerians on my travels and I ve known you can only judge people based on who he is not where he is from
this erroneous seeing people as perceived enemies when you dont actually know them has been ingrained into us by the fore politicians from the days of colonialists yet we that claim to be more educated and sophisticated are toeing their path believing we can't change,my dear that's shameful
I berate anyone be you from any tribe that insults people based purely on their tribe cos its stupidity of the highest order
From what you said last it seems you are Yoruba and I can tell you that it doesn't make sense if you are hating on igbos because some miscreants on Nairaland insults you,those are Igbo's quite alright but they are not the whole tribe and you if you are fond of doing it stop cos you never know where you will end up tomorrow
thats why I said that politicians capitalise on this to make Nigeria what it is today.you can't eat Yoruba neither will I eat Igbo we all spend Naira notes under the same Federal economy yet you think its wise to be hating on people only because they are not from ur tribe
do you love all Yoruba or do I love all igbos.I decided to reply this cos you mentioned tribe you think that is troubling you.think beyond that cos you are a young man in the 21st century
Re: So When Will Hausa Produce A President In Nigeria? by oyatz(m): 11:06pm On Aug 20, 2019
Not totally true sir.
What's the meaning of the nebulous term 'Northerners' and which tribe is the major beneficiary of the use of the that term?.. if tribe doesn't matter, mention the Hausas that have become Emirs of Gwandu, Kano, Katsina, Zauzau, Presidents, CJN or hold very important positions.

Sharming95:
Both hausa/fulani av fermented to a point yhu can't separate dem due to intermarriage and co habilitation....most those yhu call d fulani extract don't speak dia language again but rather hausa....4rm sokoto down to maiduri na hausa b d major language...day are both one and don't think yhu can cause inter tribal war among dem cuz yhu'll fail day ain't lyk yhu yeye southereners dat are so selfish and only think abt dia own interest....av yhu thought abt it why some hausa/fukani av been in d NASS 4 20yrs plus....e.g Hon Ado doguwa av been in d rep since '99....he was first innd house in'92 b4 military take over by abacha....northerners don't care who's is in power so long is dia own....bcuz anyhow he be dem day benefit....
Re: So When Will Hausa Produce A President In Nigeria? by oyatz(m): 11:15pm On Aug 20, 2019
Not a very similar case sir.
1) Before colonial rule and subsequent creation of the Old Eastern region in 1951, the Ijaw and Igbo tribes were independent of each other.

The Fulanis in the N/West have ingrained themselves into the larger host population (the Hausa) through the Caliphate system.
The Fulanis through the indirect rule of the colonial era have become the privileged class in the North.

2) Ijaw and Igbo haven't assimilated into one ethnic group. Each maintain separate identities.

IntrovertedK:
it's like saying the igbos and ijaws are the same because they are both from old eastern region and since jonathan ruled there is no need for any igbo presidency any more. Ain't it?
Re: So When Will Hausa Produce A President In Nigeria? by oyatz(m): 11:23pm On Aug 20, 2019
They aren't Hausas.
The Emirates aren't necessarily ethnically homogenous communities but MUSLIM Theocracies with multi-ethnic compositions.
The ethnic ancestries of their Emirs may not even be the same as the majority of the masses.

worstnightmare:
Re: So When Will Hausa Produce A President In Nigeria? by budaatum: 11:37pm On Aug 20, 2019
oyatz:
Not a very similar case sir.
1) Before colonial rule and subsequent creation of the Old Eastern region in 1951, the Ijaw and Igbo tribes were independent of each other.

The Fulanis in the N/West have ingrained themselves into the larger host population (the Hausa) through the Caliphate system.
The Fulanis through the indirect rule of the colonial era have become the privileged class in the North.

2) Ijaw and Igbo haven't assimilated into one ethnic group. Each maintain separate identities.

The Hausas and Fulanis obviously haven't assimilated into one ethnic group either. Except to those who sit down south thinking everyone in the North is one ethnic group! There's a word for such people. Anyone wanna guess what it is?
Re: So When Will Hausa Produce A President In Nigeria? by samchide(m): 2:43am On Aug 21, 2019
Tomide007:
Funny that most people don't know that a Hausa man has never been president.
Read this article
Northern Christian minority Yakubu Gowon 9 years.

He's Angas by tribe from North Central.

Followed by a Nupe man another minority from

North Central IBB. He ruled for 8 years.

A kanuri man from Borno, Abacha ruled for 5 years.

Kanuri is another minority from North East.

Tafawa Balewa ruled for 6 years a Northern minority

from Balewa North East as prime minister . While

Zik was the president.

Murtala Mohammed from Auchi but Born in kano

ruled for a year before he was assassinated.

Shagari a Fulani man from Sokoto, from core North

ruled for 4 years.

Yaradua a Fulani man from Katsina, a core north

ruled for 2 years

Abdulsalam a Gwari minority from Niger North

Central ruled for 1 year.

Buhari ruled for 10 months(1st time) and now in his

3rd year(2nd time).

Obasanjo a Yoruba man from South West ruled for 3

and half years.

Same Obasanjo a Yoruba man ruled for 8 years.

Shonekan a Yoruba man from South West ruled for

6 months.

Jonathan a minority from South South ruled for 6

years.

Aquiyi ironsi for 7 months from guess where? Abia

State.

If you check the whole record, Hausa man never

ruled Nigeria.

All the 3 Fulani president, Buhari , Yaradua and

Buhari again have ruled for 10 years to date.

Yorubas 12 years

Angas(present day Kanke) for 9 years

Nupe 8 years

Ijaw almost 6 years

Gwari 1 year

Kanuri 5 years

Ironsi : 7 months

Igbos zero month (if we say Ironsi is not an igbo

man)

And if you look at the 57 years rule

Muslim rule for 29.5 years

Christian rule for 27.5 years ( Zik presidency not

added).

But I keep wondering why some Nigerians keep

calling Hausa - Muslim Born to rule.

Many are very economical with the truth, what

Obasanjo spent in power is more than what the

whole Fulanis spent even if Buhari finish this tenure.

And here is a shocker, the Hausas are actually a

majority. Imagine if they begin to look at issues

from tribal perspective and begin to emotionally

blackmail us all with cries of marginalization which

factually is true.

But the poor Hausa man is not. For one way, he

understands that we all have been marginalized. Our

war should be against the class marginalization.

The rich versus the poor.

For it is the same thing that a poor man from

Nupe, or the poor man from Efik, Igala, Kanuri,

Fulani etc suffers that the poor Hausa man suffers

likewise the poor Igbo man. That class disparity

ought to be our war. Not the hate resulting from lies

that an Hausa man have ruled us for 200 years

when infact the true tally is zero.

We are better together. Yes we have grievances.

© Article compiled by Creatimo Senior Partners.
No tribal bashing.... Not my article

Real Talk
Re: So When Will Hausa Produce A President In Nigeria? by oyatz(m): 5:14pm On Aug 21, 2019
Do you live in the core North or have you lived there before?

The urbanized Fulanis, particularly the ruling Fulanis elites in the Emirate systems know their onions in Statecrafty. They knew that they were a minority ruling class and with time, the majority will rise against them.

So what did they do in Kano, Katsina, Gobir, Zauzau, Gwandu, Anka, Hadejia and Ilorin Emirates? They

1) proclaimed Islamic identity which was made to replace other (particularly ethnic) identities

2) Went into massive inter-tribal marriages
3) Adopted the mother tongues of the host communities

After 200 years of the Fulani Jihad, the result is that it's very difficult to differentiate between the Fulanis and their host communities.

Sanusi, Yar'Adua, Buhari, Atiku etc are only about 25-50% Fulanis with mixed ancestries from Hausa, Kanuri ,Bole and other indigenous tribes.

budaatum:

The Hausas and Fulanis obviously haven't assimilated into one ethnic group either. Except to those who sit down south thinking everyone in the North is one ethnic group! There's a word for such people. Anyone wanna guess what it is?
Re: So When Will Hausa Produce A President In Nigeria? by budaatum: 5:19pm On Aug 21, 2019
oyatz:

After 200 years of the Fulani Jihad, the result is that it's very difficult to differentiate between the Fulanis and their host communities.
I am suggesting to you that if one is sitting down south, you might be correct that "it's very difficult to differentiate between the Fulanis and their host communities", but that the Fulanis and the Hausas do not have this "difficult" themselves and know which is which.

1 Like

Re: So When Will Hausa Produce A President In Nigeria? by Olamhen: 9:16pm On Aug 21, 2019
9jakool:

Both are actually Gwari ethnically from Minna. Because they are muslim doesn't make them Hausa. It's like people from Akwa-Ibom being mistakenly called Igbos.

@IntrovertedK
No you're wrong, abdulsalam is not gwari. My dad works with abdulsalam's family and I bet you they're aren't gwari, they are hausa from kontagora.only Babangida we can try to call gwari but no one knows his real origin because some people said he's Yoruba from ogbomoso but changed his name from gbadamasi to badamasai, but he claimed to be from Minna and mingle with them and so because the Minna people are gwari they also thought he's gwari too
Re: So When Will Hausa Produce A President In Nigeria? by Olamhen: 9:22pm On Aug 21, 2019
IntrovertedK:
Babangida is not nupe, go and find out, I've spent over 20 years in Minna and I know we'll about them both. Abdulsalam origin is from Niger republic and that's why till date they still have relatives there but they settled in kontagora which is hausa dominated. The current governor and his wife and the Chief judge of Niger state are from the same zone in Niger state and they're neither nupe nor gwari. Babangida is not nupe and he has never even claimed to be. He based in Minna and Minna is not a nupe zone it's a gwari zone in Niger state. And he's not even gwari because people claimed he only came to settle there.
Re: So When Will Hausa Produce A President In Nigeria? by isaacsegun(m): 10:08pm On Aug 21, 2019
Olamhen:
I don't know of Abdusalam but babangida is a guari/gbagi man, though his mother is an Hausa from wushishi town in Niger state. And some people do also claimed that babangida father is a Yoruba man from ogbomosho and if we are to look at it critically there are many ogbomosho people in niger state and in wushishi, but in all, I'm sure his mother is an Hausa from wushishi town in Niger state
Re: So When Will Hausa Produce A President In Nigeria? by stieyven(m): 12:09am On Aug 22, 2019
IntrovertedK:
Isn't it obvious that the most populated tribe in the country has never produce a leader in the country? Not in the millitary era and not in the democracy era at least for 20 years now and not in anyway in sight cuz surely their master has already positioned themselves for 2023 yet again.

So when are they going to grow some balls and free themselves of the shakles of fulani bondage and take their right place.

First usman used the religion fracas to hold them to ransom now his children are using 'north' and 'northerner' to keep them as slaves still.

If minority kanuri and nupe can produce more than thrice so what's stopping these mumu people from taking up their place in the north?

Any hausa here?
He who calls another a fool shall be in danger of hell. Matthew 5 :22

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obi—Sanusi Campaign Poster Emerges / Tinubu Hangs On Bus Window Like Bus Conductor While Cheering Supporters In Ekiti / Evidence: Tinubu Was Never Sleeping In Gombe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.