Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,066 members, 7,949,661 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 03:28 PM

Why Buhari Is Right To Direct Ministers To Abba Kyari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Is Right To Direct Ministers To Abba Kyari (558 Views)

We Can't Flog Those Who Came To Abba Kyari's Burial - Garba Shehu / President Buhari's Tribute To Abba Kyari / Reno Omokri Reacts To Abba Kyari's Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Buhari Is Right To Direct Ministers To Abba Kyari by Zeemam: 11:53am On Aug 21, 2019
Some Nigerians have raised dust over President Muhammadu Buhari’s speech directing incoming Ministers to go through Chief of Staff, Abba Kyari, if they want to see him.

The speech which he delivered at the two-day presidential retreat for ministers-designate, presidential aides and other top government functionaries held at the State House in Abuja on Monday is standard protocol, Chronicle NG reports.

The President in his speech said, “In terms of coordination, kindly ensure that all submissions for my attention or meeting requests be channelled through the Chief of Staff, while all Fed. Executive Council matters be coordinated through the SGF.”

Chronicle NG found that the Chief of Staff to the President is responsible for scheduling meetings with the President.

According to a statement on the official website of the State House the functions of Mr Kyari includes coordination of meetings.

"The Office of the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces is overseen by the Chief of Staff to the President. The current occupant of that position is Alhaji Abba Kyari, appointed August 27, 2015,” says the State House website.

“The Chief of Staff manages the President’s schedule and correspondence, and any other duties that may be assigned by the President.”

Similarly, the functions of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation was explained.

“The Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation monitors and coordinates the implementation of government policies and programmes; serves as the frontline advisory institution of the Presidency; drives policy formulation, harmonization, and implementation; and monitors Federal Ministries, Departments and Agencies.”

In simple terms, the Chief of Staff handles the personal dealings with the President while the SGF handles executive correspondence.

Source: https://www.chronicle.ng/2019/08/why-buhari-is-right-to-direct-ministers-to-abba-kyari/
Re: Why Buhari Is Right To Direct Ministers To Abba Kyari by Nobody: 11:58am On Aug 21, 2019
Maybe some Nigerians should be educated on the role of the Chief-of-Staff.
Re: Why Buhari Is Right To Direct Ministers To Abba Kyari by Nobody: 12:15pm On Aug 21, 2019
Keep your explanation to yourself, we already know the truth. Enough of this damage control.
Re: Why Buhari Is Right To Direct Ministers To Abba Kyari by FarahAideed: 12:16pm On Aug 21, 2019
Keep fooling yourself
Re: Why Buhari Is Right To Direct Ministers To Abba Kyari by seunmsg(m): 12:28pm On Aug 21, 2019
FarahAideed:
Keep fooling yourself

Who do you think should be responsible for scheduling meetings between the president and interested ministers? The First Lady? The ADC? The senate president?

I really don’t understand why you guys have decided never ever to be reasonable. Tel me, what are the duties of the chief of staff?
Re: Why Buhari Is Right To Direct Ministers To Abba Kyari by FarahAideed: 12:30pm On Aug 21, 2019
seunmsg:

Who do you think should be responsible for scheduling meetings between the president and interested ministers? The First Lady? The ADC? The senate president?

I really don’t understand why you guys have decided never ever to be reasonable. Tel me, what are the duties of the chief of staff?

I know it's the Chief of Staff but we all know this particular Chief of Staff has hijacked the presidency and Buhari was saying what he said in another context
Re: Why Buhari Is Right To Direct Ministers To Abba Kyari by Afamed: 12:32pm On Aug 21, 2019
FarahAideed:

I know it's the Chief of Staff but we all know this particular Chief of Staff has hijacked the presidency and Buhari was saying what he said in another context
Will it then not been a break of protocol if the work of COS is designated to another person?

(1) (Reply)

In Abia State, A Road Serves As Drainage, Drainage Serves As Road / The History Of The House Of Rothschild-world Rulers / President Buhari Lost His Housekeeper Of 30 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.