Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,386 members, 7,881,392 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:26 PM

The Blessings Of Restitution - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Blessings Of Restitution (148 Views)

The Blessings Of Restitution / The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. / Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Blessings Of Restitution by FreshGreen: 12:06am On Aug 22, 2019
THE BLESSINGS OF RESTITUTION
Judges 17:1-2 Now there was a man from the mountains of Ephraim, whose name was Micah. 2 And he said to his mother, “The eleven hundred shekels of silver that were taken from you, and on which you put a curse, even saying it in my ears—here is the silver with me; I took it.”

And his mother said, “May you be blessed by the Lord, my

Restitution happens as a result of your new life in Jesus Christ. After you give your life to Jesus genuinely, then restitution comes up and it is a continuous aspect of Christian living.

Restitution is making the wrong to be right. It means the wrongs you did to people before you were saved must be made right after you are saved. Restitution comes in forms of reconciling with people, returning what we got in wrong way or by sinful means, revealing the truth we hid about ourselves, our situations, things or people before we were saved; it is restoring what does not rightly belong to us. Restitution is also confessing, apologizing to people we offended in past and to willingly forgive people who offended us in the past. Restitution comes up along our Christian journey to heaven, when we mistakenly or carelessly offend, hurt people or when people have something against us; in such cases we apologize and make our ways right. Christianity is a continuous childlikeness, readiness to humbly apologize even when we think we are right, when we don’t see our faults immediately.

When we lived in sin before we gave our lives to Jesus, we wronged God and men; we did things that offended God and people. But when we came to Jesus Christ with repentance for our salvation by confessing and forsaking our sinful lifestyles, God forgave us, and then we made peace with God, we reconciled with God and He restores our souls.

Why Restitution?

After we have made peace with God that peace must reflect and flow to people around us, we must make peace with people that we see, we must make right those wrongs we did to people before we were saved.

There are important reasons we must do restitution if we are truly saved. These reasons are:

(1) Peace with Men.

In our past old life, we wronged God and men, when we are saved, we make peace with God and so we must complete the process of peace by making peace with people. People we fought, we offended, harmed before we were saved must be contacted and apologized to. People we had rancor, malice and animosity with must be settled with, even if we think they wronged us, even if we have decided not to greet them again, yet we must make peace with them for the sake of peace and to remove the bitterness, malice and others so that we don’t give room to the devil in our new lives in Christ. “If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men” Romans 12:18

People you are living with, working with, schooling with; family members, friends and neighbors, every one we had issues with, as much as we can, we should settle peacefully with them.

When we make peace with all men, both right and wrong, it confirms our peace with God, it gives us peace and it’s the only way to see God, to enter heaven. “Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord” Hebrews 12:14. When we settle with people peacefully, it shows we are truly children of God the King of Peace; Jesus the Prince of Peace and we, the children of peace. “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.” Matthew 5:9.

(2) It Settles Old Accounts

Restitution is to settle our old accounts and close them. If you are saved and you have not made some past wrongs right by restitution, it simply means you keep your old account open which may stand against you here on earth and eventually disallow you to enter heaven. Undone restitution has the capacity to block God’s blessing in your life here on earth and block you from entering Heaven. The old records which stand against you can only be settled and closed by restitution. “Having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.” Colossians 2:14.

(3) It confirms your new life in Jesus Christ.

Restitution is part of the working out your salvation with trembling and fear. It is the work of your faith in Christ, as you know that faith without work is death. If truly you are saved, you cannot continue to use what Satan and sin got for you in the past, you cannot continue the malice, un-forgiveness and bitterness. You cannot harbor the properties and benefits of sin. You must expose the old lies since you are now in new life of Truth.

New life in Jesus is not just having pure conscience with God alone but with people also by restitution. “This being so, I myself always strive to have a conscience without offense toward God and men.” Acts 24:16

(4) It turns curses to blessings

Many curses in life are caused by wrong things that was done in past, and many problems facing children of God after they have been saved are not because the enemies are powerful over their lives in Christ but because they allow the old curses to have access to their new lives because of ignoring necessary restitution they need to do. Undone restitution allows the unsettled wrong of your past to haunt your present life even though you are now a child of God. You give access to Satan, enemies, generational curses and many attacks when you refuse to do needed restitution. This can also block the free flow of God’s blessing, progress and God’s promises for your life. Undone restitution gives Satan to accuse you and oppose you in the present of God. Most of the problems making us to do fasting, special prayers, deliverance and attend several programs and the problems remain the same; those problems can be solved if we do simple acts of apologizing, forgiving or any necessary restitution as the case may be, and that end the mountainous problems, and that begins the progress and prosperity in your life, marriage and ministry.

“And he said to his mother, “The eleven hundred shekels of silver that were taken from you, and on which you put a curse, even saying it in my ears—here is the silver with me; I took it.” And his mother said, “May you be blessed by the Lord, my son!” Judges 17:2

God bless you.
Re: The Blessings Of Restitution by blackpanthar: 1:51am On Aug 22, 2019
pls after JESUS said it is FINISHED.... kindly show us from the NEW TESTAMENT where people who got saved under the apostles had to go for restitution.... or is it only for THIEVES?

Also, what if the people that were offended or robbed are already dead.... IS THERE STILL A WAY TO RESTITUTE? or is it broken?

FreshGreen:
THE BLESSINGS OF RESTITUTION
Judges 17:1-2 Now there was a man from the mountains of Ephraim, whose name was Micah. 2 And he said to his mother, “The eleven hundred shekels of silver that were taken from you, and on which you put a curse, even saying it in my ears—here is the silver with me; I took it.”

And his mother said, “May you be blessed by the Lord, my

Restitution happens as a result of your new life in Jesus Christ. After you give your life to Jesus genuinely, then restitution comes up and it is a continuous aspect of Christian living.

Restitution is making the wrong to be right. It means the wrongs you did to people before you were saved must be made right after you are saved. Restitution comes in forms of reconciling with people, returning what we got in wrong way or by sinful means, revealing the truth we hid about ourselves, our situations, things or people before we were saved; it is restoring what does not rightly belong to us. Restitution is also confessing, apologizing to people we offended in past and to willingly forgive people who offended us in the past. Restitution comes up along our Christian journey to heaven, when we mistakenly or carelessly offend, hurt people or when people have something against us; in such cases we apologize and make our ways right. Christianity is a continuous childlikeness, readiness to humbly apologize even when we think we are right, when we don’t see our faults immediately.

When we lived in sin before we gave our lives to Jesus, we wronged God and men; we did things that offended God and people. But when we came to Jesus Christ with repentance for our salvation by confessing and forsaking our sinful lifestyles, God forgave us, and then we made peace with God, we reconciled with God and He restores our souls.

Why Restitution?

After we have made peace with God that peace must reflect and flow to people around us, we must make peace with people that we see, we must make right those wrongs we did to people before we were saved.

There are important reasons we must do restitution if we are truly saved. These reasons are:

(1) Peace with Men.

In our past old life, we wronged God and men, when we are saved, we make peace with God and so we must complete the process of peace by making peace with people. People we fought, we offended, harmed before we were saved must be contacted and apologized to. People we had rancor, malice and animosity with must be settled with, even if we think they wronged us, even if we have decided not to greet them again, yet we must make peace with them for the sake of peace and to remove the bitterness, malice and others so that we don’t give room to the devil in our new lives in Christ. “If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men” Romans 12:18

People you are living with, working with, schooling with; family members, friends and neighbors, every one we had issues with, as much as we can, we should settle peacefully with them.

When we make peace with all men, both right and wrong, it confirms our peace with God, it gives us peace and it’s the only way to see God, to enter heaven. “Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord” Hebrews 12:14. When we settle with people peacefully, it shows we are truly children of God the King of Peace; Jesus the Prince of Peace and we, the children of peace. “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.” Matthew 5:9.

(2) It Settles Old Accounts

Restitution is to settle our old accounts and close them. If you are saved and you have not made some past wrongs right by restitution, it simply means you keep your old account open which may stand against you here on earth and eventually disallow you to enter heaven. Undone restitution has the capacity to block God’s blessing in your life here on earth and block you from entering Heaven. The old records which stand against you can only be settled and closed by restitution. “Having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.” Colossians 2:14.

(3) It confirms your new life in Jesus Christ.

Restitution is part of the working out your salvation with trembling and fear. It is the work of your faith in Christ, as you know that faith without work is death. If truly you are saved, you cannot continue to use what Satan and sin got for you in the past, you cannot continue the malice, un-forgiveness and bitterness. You cannot harbor the properties and benefits of sin. You must expose the old lies since you are now in new life of Truth.

New life in Jesus is not just having pure conscience with God alone but with people also by restitution. “This being so, I myself always strive to have a conscience without offense toward God and men.” Acts 24:16

(4) It turns curses to blessings

Many curses in life are caused by wrong things that was done in past, and many problems facing children of God after they have been saved are not because the enemies are powerful over their lives in Christ but because they allow the old curses to have access to their new lives because of ignoring necessary restitution they need to do. Undone restitution allows the unsettled wrong of your past to haunt your present life even though you are now a child of God. You give access to Satan, enemies, generational curses and many attacks when you refuse to do needed restitution. This can also block the free flow of God’s blessing, progress and God’s promises for your life. Undone restitution gives Satan to accuse you and oppose you in the present of God. Most of the problems making us to do fasting, special prayers, deliverance and attend several programs and the problems remain the same; those problems can be solved if we do simple acts of apologizing, forgiving or any necessary restitution as the case may be, and that end the mountainous problems, and that begins the progress and prosperity in your life, marriage and ministry.

“And he said to his mother, “The eleven hundred shekels of silver that were taken from you, and on which you put a curse, even saying it in my ears—here is the silver with me; I took it.” And his mother said, “May you be blessed by the Lord, my son!” Judges 17:2

God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

Tani Jesu Nse? - Iranse Ikola Nitori Otito Olorun / Ways The Serenity Prayer Can Bring You Through Any Storm / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens:tuesday , August 27th 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.