Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,290 members, 7,881,074 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:56 AM

Nnia Nwodo Sends A Letter To Nnamdi Kanu, Says I Am Not A Fulani Puppet - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnia Nwodo Sends A Letter To Nnamdi Kanu, Says I Am Not A Fulani Puppet (195 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu: Nnia Nwodo Will Lose His Position. Sultan Has 23 Oil Wells / IPOB Members In South Africa Roast Yam, Invite Nnia Nwodo, Okorocha, Ngige / IPOB Women Disgrace Nnia Nwodo, Scatter Ohanaeze Event (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nnia Nwodo Sends A Letter To Nnamdi Kanu, Says I Am Not A Fulani Puppet by odinceblog(m): 1:15pm On Aug 23, 2019
PRESIDENT General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo Worldwide, Chief Nnia Nwodo, replied the leader of Indigenous people of Biafra, IPOB, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.

He said that Kanu’s latest allegation against him necessitated his response.

Nwodo in an open letter to Nnamdi Kanu, reeled out his contributions, performances and quashed the claims that he colluded with the Nigerian Army to attack Kanu’s residence in Umuahia.

The letter reads thus:

“My attention has been drawn to a recorded speech made by Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, leader of IPOB, now streaming in the social media.

The speech was ostensibly made in Germany ahead of a visit, Sen. Ike Ekweremadu and I were scheduled to make to Germany for a meeting of Ndigbo.

In that video, Nnamdi peddled unprintable lies about me and rebuked Igbos in Germany for inviting me and threatened that I will not leave Germany alive. I would have ignored this speech as I have ignored many of his previous abuses and deliberate falsehood previously broadcast against me.

I had ignored them in the past not only because the distortions and falsehood were indirectly countered by the robust publicity of my activities and utterances which negated his representations but also because I thought it was indecent for a father and his son to be engaged in public disputations, especially when such disputations in our present circumstances will weaken our solidarity and portray us as a divided and unserious lot.

It has however become necessary now to rebut his persistent falsehood because, not to do so will make them credible amongst those who may not have heard my side of the story.

The IPOB leader first of all accuses me of being an accomplice to the invasion of his homestead in Umuahia by the Nigerian Army in Operation Python Dance.

Secondly, he accuses me persistently of being a Fulani stooge who would always do the beckoning of the ruling Fulani elite in Nigeria. He also accuses my late father of being a Fulani stooge.

He holds me and our South East Governors and Legislators responsible for the marginalization of the South East. He accuses me of being against the realization of Biafra and a saboteur to the Igbo cause.

First of all, I am neither the Commander-in Chief of The Nigerian Armed Forces nor a member of the Nigerian Armed Forces. Secondly, I never participated in any meeting where operation python dance was ever recommended or ordered. Truth is that when the second operation python dance was ordered, I wrote against it and advised against it in the media. I saw no need for it.

I condemned the mayhem that followed it. I wrote to the GOC 82 Division N.A on the violation of the UN rules of engagement by his troops. I listened to the brief of the Abia State Government on the clashes between the Nigerian Police and Nnamdi Kanu on the establishment of the Biafra Security Service without legislative approval or knowledge of the Nigerian Police. I called for caution.

I confronted the Attorney General of the Federation on his move to obtain an interlocutory order to enable him classify IPOB as a terrorist organization. When the Federal Government finally proscribed IPOB, I criticized it.

I wrote to the UN secretary General in these words. “It is a verifiable fact that, other than recourse to the use of intemperate language, the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) campaign has been generally peaceful, non-violent and in conformity with the relevant provisions of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

CONTINUE READING; https://odinceblog.com/nnia-nwodo-sends-a-letter-to-nnamdi-kanu-says-i-am-not-a-fulani-puppet/

(1) (Reply)

Rochas Okorocha Stole N1 Trillion From Imo State – Ihedioha / JUST IN: MFM: We Must Move To The Next Level Of Revival, Olukoya Urges Nigerians / We Turned Shehu Sani To Blogger, Relocated Hunkuyi To China – El-rufai Says.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.