Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,386 members, 7,881,394 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:29 PM

White Man In Town (chapter Thirteen) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / White Man In Town (chapter Thirteen) (296 Views)

The Suave Man In Lagos Drives A Range Rover But Is Penniless- Chimamanda Adichie / Ferocious (chapter Thirteen) / The Woman Caught Breastfeeding Man In Prison. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

White Man In Town (chapter Thirteen) by DODO005: 6:11pm On Aug 23, 2019
Mr. Alfred Richmond was still finding it difficult to comprehend what exactly was going on between his two fellow suspects and his captors. At present one of the detectives, the broader and harsher among the two was slowly rocking Victor to and fro on a chair and at the same time slapped him casually across the face.

“Where we go see Smoke?” Detective Etim repeated with two fast slaps that sent Victor crashing against the wall.

“True, I no know, make una ask am, he dey closer to Smoke pass me. Believe me, na the truth be that, I swear.” Victor pleaded, quickly shielding himself from another sharp approaching slap from Etim’s thick hand.

“ Okay, wait.” Detective Mai-Coins suddenly interjected, and turned to face Colour.

“Maybe we should also try him on the chair.” He suggested with a grin and lit a cigarette. “Or what do you say?” He continued, grinned at Colour, and blow smoke across his face.

“ I go quench your flame very soon, unless you show me Smoke.” He finally threatened casually in pidgin.

The threat registered well on Colour’s mind. He sensed the guy was serious, this was different from the calm manner he had been effectively handling the interrogations so far. He noticed Etim’s hard eyes on him, including those of Victor who was still trying to lift himself up from the floor and Mr. Richmond who glared unsympathetically at him.

“See, officer, I don’t think there is need for this.’ Colour quickly announced, and indicated the empty chair. ‘’Honestly, my sitting down there won’t solved anything, instead, it will just aggravate the matter.”

“Is that? I like it when things are hot. They get cool at the end of the day. The hotter they are, the cooler they become after I have work on them.” Mai-Coins announced confidently, strolled up to him and gently tapped him on the shoulder.

“ Well, I just think putting me on that chair and beating my face blue, won’t give you the answer you want.” Colour persisted.

“And what makes you think so? You want to try me?” Etim challenged, and stepped towards him.

Colour stared at him with panic. “Look officer, I know, I will definitely faint in the process and probably die with the important information you’re eager to know from me. I am a fragile human being, officers. I hope you guys will reconsider.”

Etim not too convinced, continued towards him, but Mai-Coins waved him aside, dragged his cigarette and then grinned at Colour.

“Colour, am I right?’ he asked

“ Yes, officer, that is my name.” Colour responded quickly

“ Good, so give me Smoke, Colour and I promise you protection.”

Colour stared thoughtfully at him for some seconds, then at the others. He noticed the look of surprise and perplexity on Victor’s face. He noticed that Mr. Richmond was equally staring suspiciously at him with a hopeful look. He also noted the hard look on Etim’s face as he stared threatening at the empty interrogation chair.

“Okay, why not give us few minutes to discuss between the three of us.” Colour finally requested, and indicated the perplexed looking Victor and a confused looking Richmond.

Mai-Coins stared thoughtfully at him, then at Etim, Victor and Richmond, and then finally glanced at his wrist watch.

“Okay, five minutes, but make sure you are ready with what we want when we come back. I hardly allow a second chance.” He finally announced in a soft tone, but the threat was loud and clear. With that, he nodded at Etim and they both stepped out of the room an angry look visible on Etim’s face.

They locked the door and left their three suspects alone to discuss their fate and probably betray themselves and then luckily lead them to the most wanted notorious cyber-crime fraudster in Africa. All these thoughts raced through detective Mai-Coin’s mind as he led Etim away and waited patiently inside the outer office. He silently prayed that the three men would lead them to this mysterious smart fraudster who has remained elusive to security men all across the globe. Finally, they were a step closer to Smoke. God, please let this be true. Let it be the final moment we have all been waiting for. He kept praying as they waited for the five minutes that might change everything and bring glory and promotion in their career.

Colour grinned thoughtfully at Victor and Richmond, then crossed over to the far wall and rested his back, his hands folded across his chest.
“Come, why you no go tell this people wetin dem want and commot man for this yawa? Abi dem send you to me, which kind yeye agro be this?”
He slowly addressed the bruised looking Victor who had thought implicating him in their deal would save him from the operatives. But they had grilled him more on discovering that he had not tell them what they actually wanted to know. Victor stared thoughtfully at him, rubbed his chin, and then grinned at both of them. Richmond quickly frowned up at him.

“ Take it easy, White man. Don’t worry, everything will be okay. This is Nigeria” He told Richmond, who kept his frown. He then turned towards Colour.

‘’Come, who you be self, wetin join you for this matter? I mean where you connect?” He suddenly demanded.

“ Na me suppose dey ask you all this questions.” Colour answered calmly, and glanced at his watch.

“Two minutes don pass. Come, wetin push you go include me for una deal. I fit swell say I never take eyes see you befor. So wetin make you include me?’’ He glanced at his watch again, and then continued. “Well, all these na long story. Na how we go take comot for here we suppose begin plan. Na so I see am. Wetin you think?”

Victor stared thoughtfully at him again, grinned at Richmond, and then walked up to Colour and extended his hand for a handshake to the surprised Richmond who stared unbelievable at both of them.

“I no know who you say you be sha. But you look like correct Bobo and I believe say we fit blend and belong to the same line. But that na long story, I go explain to you later. I agree with you, right now na to plan how to commot for this yawa. I think the first thing na to job this EFCC guys. He explained proudly with a wide grin, and shook Colour happily to the amazement of Mr. Richmond who now stared more suspiciously at both of them.

www.okadabooks.com grin
www.amazon.com

(1) (Reply)

Are You A Passionate Writer? Or A Digital Content Developer / JGOLDCOMEDYTV POLY OYO, Please Subscribe To My Channel / Making A Full-time Living As A Freelance Writer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.