Stats: 3,171,706 members, 7,882,414 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 02:20 AM

Stop Using Security Agencies To Silence Nigerians - Soyinka Tells Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Using Security Agencies To Silence Nigerians - Soyinka Tells Buhari (21044 Views)

The Many Dramas Of Senator Oluremi Tinubu, Who Tried To Silence Co-senator / Mailafia: Pray For Me, Powerful Political Forces Planning To Silence Me / Buhari Desperate To Silence Obasanjo – Atiku (2) (3) (4)

Re: Stop Using Security Agencies To Silence Nigerians - Soyinka Tells Buhari by Aystarz: 9:40am On Aug 25, 2019
Racoon:
grin Hehehe! The chicken has come back to roost.He that rides on the back of the tiger often ends up in belly
[s]Soyinka-ijekun iya ni o je.Continue to wail.[/s]

The only people who are suffering and will continue to suffer the consequences are average folks like you and me, not a legendary octogenarian who's on his way. But, you're too narrow-minded dumb to understand these things.
Re: Stop Using Security Agencies To Silence Nigerians - Soyinka Tells Buhari by Aystarz: 9:44am On Aug 25, 2019
Gandollaar:
I read the post with utmost disgust for Soyinka, infact, I have no words to describe how disgusting Soyinka is.

Another idiotic Jonathanian who just can't move on from 2015. You better get a grip. Soyinka isn't your problem, today, you are for letting a tyrant into the seat of government.

Re: Stop Using Security Agencies To Silence Nigerians - Soyinka Tells Buhari by 12inchDickson: 9:46am On Aug 25, 2019
EdiAbali:
SOYINKA IS A FOOLISH MAN
your father is a foolish man

Re: Stop Using Security Agencies To Silence Nigerians - Soyinka Tells Buhari by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 25, 2019
Drinokrane:
Prof. Wole Soyinka has alleged that the Buhari-led administration is using security agencies to silence Nigerians.

The Nobel Laureate made this claim at the unveiling of an art gallery in commemoration of his 85th birthday. Insisting that such move only shows that the government is afraid, Soyinka added that it also reduces those running the government, Igbere TV reports.

“It is important to send strong message to this government and to the security services to stop trying to muzzle people when they come together to exchange ideas.

“You’re reducing them as human beings and you’re also reducing yourselves as human beings, because it means you’re afraid to listen" he said.

Speaking further at the event held on Saturday August 24, Soyinka told Nigerians not to believe everything they read on social media.

“Be very, very careful what you believe even when you read such materials in social media or sometimes in newspapers because in this country, we have a most fertile multiplier effect.

“When somebody hears something, he puts it on the Internet, it spreads and an industry begins as people start commenting on things which never existed.

“Sometimes on social media, you’ll even see trending quotes supposedly from me, with my name, my photograph, with statements which represents what those people want to say but lacked the courage to say it" he said.

This is coming after security operatives sealed off the venue of a symposium where Soyinka, Falana and many others were expected to speak on the security issues ravaging the country.

http://igberetvnews.com/931044/stop-using-security-agencies-to-silence-nigerians-soyinka-tells-buhari/

Foooooooooolish Soyinka, it's too late for that
Re: Stop Using Security Agencies To Silence Nigerians - Soyinka Tells Buhari by Gangster1ms: 10:06am On Aug 25, 2019
ChiefkeefGB4:

My people elevated druglords and conmen to be our leaders. The respect for elders is drilled into every Yoruba's head and is what has made us docile and why they we can never revolt against our oppressors. Yoruba's will remain in perpetual slavery while their corrupt leadership rides roughshed over them.
Very sad cry

Re: Stop Using Security Agencies To Silence Nigerians - Soyinka Tells Buhari by EdiAbali: 10:26am On Aug 25, 2019
Antisocial01:
[/s][s]

Out of the both of you who is more stupid ,you quoting news of about 5 years ago,Jonathan was a weakling so we decided to give buhari the chance not knowing he is a tyrant

Soyinka is more stupid,

You can't claim that you don't know Buhari is a tyrant

Re: Stop Using Security Agencies To Silence Nigerians - Soyinka Tells Buhari by EdiAbali: 10:31am On Aug 25, 2019
BrokenCock:
his foolishh nature is the height of your wisdom. come rain, come sun

Your opinion don't matter
Re: Stop Using Security Agencies To Silence Nigerians - Soyinka Tells Buhari by EdiAbali: 10:32am On Aug 25, 2019
12inchDickson:
your father is a foolish man

Why are you pained?

Is Soyinka related to you?

Re: Stop Using Security Agencies To Silence Nigerians - Soyinka Tells Buhari by Paxmedical(m): 10:36am On Aug 25, 2019
Do you still care about your health
Re: Stop Using Security Agencies To Silence Nigerians - Soyinka Tells Buhari by Gandollaar(f): 10:53am On Aug 25, 2019
Aystarz:

Another idiotic Jonathanian who just can't move on from 2015. You better get a grip. Soyinka isn't your problem, today, you are for letting a tyrant into the seat of government.
You have been noticed
Re: Stop Using Security Agencies To Silence Nigerians - Soyinka Tells Buhari by 12inchDickson: 11:31am On Aug 25, 2019
EdiAbali:

Why as we you pained?

Is Soyinka related to you?
he is old enough to be my father yes I also supported Buhari but then I know better right now . I personally campaigned for that dummy in Aso rock. But I have realized my mistakes. I guess we all don’t deserve a second chance, we should be grateful he’s talking what about religious leaders that I don’t want to mention their names .
Re: Stop Using Security Agencies To Silence Nigerians - Soyinka Tells Buhari by 12inchDickson: 11:32am On Aug 25, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Foooooooooolish Soyinka, it's too late for that
how wise are you . You son of a mad man.
Re: Stop Using Security Agencies To Silence Nigerians - Soyinka Tells Buhari by EdiAbali: 11:42am On Aug 25, 2019
12inchDickson:
he is old enough to be my father yes I also supported Buhari but then I know better right now . I personally campaigned for that dummy in Aso rock. But I have realized my mistakes. I guess we all don’t deserve a second chance, we should be grateful he’s talking what about religious leaders that I don’t want to mention their names .

This is not matter of seniority

This is among the protesters that went on the street and protested against fuel subsidy, why can't he do the same today?

He knew who Buhari is more than me but he choose Buhari over another Nigerian, this man can choose to align with alqaeda leader because of his hate for some group of people.
Re: Stop Using Security Agencies To Silence Nigerians - Soyinka Tells Buhari by 12inchDickson: 11:57am On Aug 25, 2019
EdiAbali:

This is not matter of seniority

This is among the protesters that went on the street and protested against fuel subsidy, why can't he do the same today?

He knew who Buhari is more than me but he choose Buhari over another Nigerian, this man can choose to align with alqaeda leader because of his hate for some group of people.

you wrote well till you went tribalism way.
I knew the demon Buhari was . I thought he was a changed man I fell for it . The more you look the less you see . At least Soyinka is trying to redeem his mistakes, can you as a youth lead a protest.? Abeg let’s call a spade a spade and not been a tribal bigot sir
Re: Stop Using Security Agencies To Silence Nigerians - Soyinka Tells Buhari by Nobody: 12:20pm On Aug 25, 2019
12inchDickson:
how wise are you . You son of a mad man.

I'm wiser than Soyinka.

Making Soyinka the son of a great raving lunatic.
Re: Stop Using Security Agencies To Silence Nigerians - Soyinka Tells Buhari by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 25, 2019
12inchDickson:
you wrote well till you went tribalism way.
I knew the demon Buhari was . I thought he was a changed man I fell for it . The more you look the less you see . At least Soyinka is trying to redeem his mistakes, can you as a youth lead a protest.? Abeg let’s call a spade a spade and not been a tribal bigot sir

Can u listen to ur self? U thought a tyrant is a changed man!!

U need to be flogged with horse whip
Re: Stop Using Security Agencies To Silence Nigerians - Soyinka Tells Buhari by kayusely70(m): 12:36pm On Aug 25, 2019
Im not surprised with the venom and viterpurations being hurled at him by some elements
Re: Stop Using Security Agencies To Silence Nigerians - Soyinka Tells Buhari by 12inchDickson: 12:47pm On Aug 25, 2019
PrecisionFx:

I'm wiser than Soyinka.

Making Soyinka the son of a great raving lunatic.
I bet your kinsmen will be disappointed in beinging forth a nonentity .An animal in human skin, yes Buhari has failed us, you son of a demon
Re: Stop Using Security Agencies To Silence Nigerians - Soyinka Tells Buhari by 12inchDickson: 12:48pm On Aug 25, 2019
Re: Stop Using Security Agencies To Silence Nigerians - Soyinka Tells Buhari by Gerrard59(m): 12:53pm On Aug 25, 2019
kokomilala:
Nairaland has a lot of intelligent minds... Conversely,however, there are a lot of stupid,dim-wit mortals,who always sheepishly follow the herd of mass sentiments.They lack the single-minded efficacy that every human should possess- to be able to sieve facts from fiction.They always jump on the band wagon of the prevailing comments.They can't think for themselves.
Was Soyinka the only one who supported Buhari? It happens everywhere in the world. People make public recantations of their earlier standings.If anything, it shows courage.It's not double-speak.It shows one is not silent in the face of tyranny.
I don't know what to liken some of the young idiots of this age to.Someone labelled Soyinka,foolish.Fools don't achieve what he's achieved. Even at 85,he still possesses the single-minded drive of a revolutionary. Are the first-to-comments youths of this age not challenged that this old man is still active in activism,a task they've irresponsibly abandoned?

Considering that he was alive during Buhari's first time in office, he ought to know better. Even me that didn't live through the period knew after listening to tales from those who witnessed it, yet a supposed laureate doesn't know better?!

No sympathies whatsoever!

Re: Stop Using Security Agencies To Silence Nigerians - Soyinka Tells Buhari by Gerrard59(m): 1:05pm On Aug 25, 2019
Antisocial01:
[/s][s]

Out of the both of you who is more stupid ,you quoting news of about 5 years ago, Jonathan was a weakling so we decided to give buhari the chance not knowing he is a tyrant

One Jonathan was better than 100 Buharis. Regarding not knowing Buhari will be a tyrant, it's because you folks blatantly refused to read history. Anyway, Buhari till 2027!

Re: Stop Using Security Agencies To Silence Nigerians - Soyinka Tells Buhari by seguno2: 1:06pm On Aug 25, 2019
Gerrard59:
Considering that he was alive during Buhari's first time in office, he ought to know better. Even me that didn't live through the period knew after listening to tales from those who witnessed it, yet a supposed laureate doesn't know better?!

No sympathies whatsoever!

He allowed his boy, Amaechi, to confuse him. To put it mildly.
Re: Stop Using Security Agencies To Silence Nigerians - Soyinka Tells Buhari by seguno2: 1:08pm On Aug 25, 2019
kokomilala:
Nairaland has a lot of intelligent minds... Conversely,however, there are a lot of stupid,dim-wit mortals,who always sheepishly follow the herd of mass sentiments.They lack the single-minded efficacy that every human should possess- to be able to sieve facts from fiction.They always jump on the band wagon of the prevailing comments.They can't think for themselves.
Was Soyinka the only one who supported Buhari? It happens everywhere in the world. People make public recantations of their earlier standings. If anything, it shows courage.It's not double-speak.It shows one is not silent in the face of tyranny.
I don't know what to liken some of the young idiots of this age to.Someone labelled Soyinka,foolish.Fools don't achieve what he's achieved. Even at 85,he still possesses the single-minded drive of a revolutionary. Are the first-to-comments youths of this age not challenged that this old man is still active in activism,a task they've irresponsibly abandoned?

Has he made public recantation
Re: Stop Using Security Agencies To Silence Nigerians - Soyinka Tells Buhari by seguno2: 1:11pm On Aug 25, 2019
Antisocial01:
[/s][s]Out of the both of you who is more stupid ,you quoting news of about 5 years ago,Jonathan was a weakling so we decided to give buhari the chance not knowing he is a tyrant

Since you are antisocial, should your views be forgiven and forgotten
Re: Stop Using Security Agencies To Silence Nigerians - Soyinka Tells Buhari by Omaticaya225(m): 1:34pm On Aug 25, 2019
EdiAbali:
SOYINKA IS A FOOLISH MAN
THUNDER FIRE YOU
Re: Stop Using Security Agencies To Silence Nigerians - Soyinka Tells Buhari by desmond2pk: 1:37pm On Aug 25, 2019
Soyinka god punish you
Re: Stop Using Security Agencies To Silence Nigerians - Soyinka Tells Buhari by kokomilala(m): 1:42pm On Aug 25, 2019
@Gerrard59,you don't seem to have come to grips with simple explanation. The fact that he supported him first time does not invalidate his choice of response of repudiation or endorsement a second time.
People are given a benefit of the doubt.So,your defence is lame.After all,contrary to public opinion, Bill Clinton endorsed the candidacy of Sani Abacha.
But my grouse really is with the stupid herd of sheep on NL who can't think for themselves.
Re: Stop Using Security Agencies To Silence Nigerians - Soyinka Tells Buhari by kokomilala(m): 1:53pm On Aug 25, 2019
@seguno2,he doesn't have to.The fact that he has the guts to speak against the man he once supported shows that he's very courageous.
But,friend if what Soyinka did or didn't do bothers you so much as to make u go gung-ho and join this rabid league of j'accuse against him,I think you should be sorry.
Re: Stop Using Security Agencies To Silence Nigerians - Soyinka Tells Buhari by Gerrard59(m): 2:21pm On Aug 25, 2019
kokomilala:
@Gerrard59,you don't seem to have come to grips with simple explanation. The fact that he supported him first time does not invalidate his choice of response of repudiation or endorsement a second time.
People are given a benefit of the doubt.So,your defence is lame.After all,contrary to public opinion, Bill Clinton endorsed the candidacy of Sani Abacha.
But my grouse really is with the stupid herd of sheep on NL who can't think for themselves.

It shows lack of good judgement. This because there exists a record of Buhari's performance, so it's not like this is Buhari's first foray into national politics. He knew it (Buhari's antecedents), supported him till the end yet complains about the same antecedents others wailed about? C'mon!

Yes, he has the right to support whosoever he desires but it's nonsensical to criticise the same person he supported even when his antecedents reflected the same behaviour he's criticising today. Those who supported Buhari in 2015 have no moral right to criticise him in 2019 when Buhari's record existed in 1984!

Those who criticise WS are right in their actions cos it's mystifying how a laureate will support someone he witnessed his actions in 1984 yet lampoons same behaviour today?!

Re: Stop Using Security Agencies To Silence Nigerians - Soyinka Tells Buhari by seguno2: 2:50pm On Aug 25, 2019
kokomilala:
@seguno2,he doesn't have to.The fact that he has the guts to speak against the man he once supported shows that he's very courageous.
But,friend if what Soyinka did or didn't do bothers you so much as to make u go gung-ho and join this rabid league of j'accuse against him,I think you should be sorry.

The issue that most of us have with him is that he should have known better than to validate, in any manner, Buhari, not only in 2015 but also in 2019.
Jonathan and Atiku are not ideal or even good in absolute terms, but are far better overall than Buhari.
Soyinka disappointed many of us who held and continue to hold him in high esteem.
Re: Stop Using Security Agencies To Silence Nigerians - Soyinka Tells Buhari by kokomilala(m): 2:52pm On Aug 25, 2019
@Gerrard59,Nobel Laurettes are not cast as angels.They're are also human. Like I said before, it's not new ,it happens everywhere in the world, where people careen from one ideology to another,from one political party to another.So,what's the big deal?
I think it's lack of imagination or want of what to say or comment.Those criticizing Soyinka simply lack the cognitive capacity to invent new ideas as points to support their herd mentality.So,they lean or hang precariously on the passing band wagon of public opinion, with their impetuousness and impudence.In short,their free floating sheepishness and stupidity seem to be on loan and for sale.And,it's only kindred spirits like them that would buy the coupling. NL should look for ways to exorcise these duo from their possessed members.
Re: Stop Using Security Agencies To Silence Nigerians - Soyinka Tells Buhari by kokomilala(m): 3:05pm On Aug 25, 2019
@seguno2,why are you disappointed? Is the task to regulate this miserable existence not enough burden for you already?
See,this missing generation of Nigerian youths should worry less about Soyinka. He's done more than enough.He's been fighting every repressive govt since 1960.He's in the twilight,maybe night of his life. And may close his eyes in death in less than a generation.
What the 'follow-follow' youths of this generation should seek to do is to invent ways,ideas to wrest power from the decrepit and geriatric order we have created for ourselves.

Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! / Tinubu Honoured At Lagos House Abuja (Photos) / 3 Killed In Bayelsa As APC And PDP Thugs Clash. Graphic Photos

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50