Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,715 members, 7,918,199 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 03:50 AM

What Is Good Worship - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Good Worship (538 Views)

I Need Good Worship Songs To Download / What Motivates You To Worship God??? / What Are The Differences Between Worship And Praise? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Good Worship by yommyuk: 5:23pm On Oct 24, 2010
Micah 6:8
No O people, the Lord has told you what is good, and this is what he requires of you to do what is right, to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

This verse answers a series of questions put forth by a confused people who had lost their moral and spiritual bearings. The people of Israel wanted to know what they could do to be acceptable to the Lord. In an oppressive and deceitful society, they had lost a sense of what the Lord regards as good, but that his people do what is right in relationship with him and in their relationships with each other. As they are motivated to love, their actions will be tempered by justice, mercy and humility. God's people are not to oppress others, but to do what is just, righteous and honest toward one another.

Micah 6:8 summarizes what God had already made known in the past to all Christains: Humility, faith and obedience are pleasing to him. God declared this same message to Abraham in Genesis 15:6[i]: "And Abram believed the Lord, and the Lord counted him as righteousness because of his faith."[/i] The same message was also delivered to Moses at Mount Sinai in Exodus Exodus 20:22-23 "And the Lord said to Moses "Say this to the people of Israel. You saw for yourselves that I spoke to you from heaven. Remember, you must not make any idols of Silver or Gold to rival me"

It pleases the God when his people walk humbly in faith before him, as exemplified by Moses in Num 12:3 "Now Moses was very humble, more humble than any other person on earth. If Moses who saw God face to face possess this attributes, why should we divergent.

Real spiritual devotion is in doing good, seek justice, relieving oppression, defending the needy and aiding the hopeless. These acts are marks of God's own character.

God Bless wink
Re: What Is Good Worship by leegrace: 8:44am On Oct 25, 2010
Thanks for sharing. i enjoyed reading it.

(1) (Reply)

And They Crucified Him - Art Katz / Abuja Heartbeat: Stay Where God Wants You To Stay / Help A Young Soulwinner Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.