Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,452 members, 7,911,110 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 03:20 AM

Ondo State Law Makers Set To Back Gov. Akeredolu On Security Trustfund - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo State Law Makers Set To Back Gov. Akeredolu On Security Trustfund (200 Views)

2023: Enugu Workers Back Gov. Ugwuanyi On Choice Of Mbah, Ossai / Photos Of The Big Python Snake That Chased Out Ondo State Law Makers / NDLEA Chairman Opposes Akeredolu On Marijuana, Denies Trip To Thailand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ondo State Law Makers Set To Back Gov. Akeredolu On Security Trustfund by adebayoabiola: 11:46am On Aug 26, 2019
The Majority Leader, Ondo State House of Assembly, Hon. Jamiu Sulaiman Maito, has promised the support of the lawmakers to a move by Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu to set up a Security Trust Fund.

This is just as Hon Maito rolled out the drums to appreciate the special grace and favour of the Almighty Allah, especially over his re-election in the last March 11, 2019 State House of Assembly election.

The Majority Leader, Ondo State House of Assembly, Hon. Jamiu Sulaiman Maito, on Friday rolled out drums amidst pump and pageantry to give thanks to God.

The special Thanksgiving Service held at the Agbaluku Central Mosque, Arigidi Akoko, had in attendance, other lawmakers of the Assembly including the wife of the Speaker of the House, Prophetess Olufunke Oleyelogun, APC leaders and members as well as friends and well-wishers.

Maito, a lawmaker representing Akoko North-West Constituency 1 in the Assembly explained that the thanksgiving was to appreciate God for how far he has taken him, especially for giving him another victory in the last House of Assembly election in the state, and as well made him Majority Leader of the hallowed chamber.

He equally appreciated all APC leaders in his local government and the state as well as other members of the party for their continued support with a promise to continue to do his best to improve the lives of his constituents.

“We must learn to appreciate God in everything because He is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. For how far he has taken us we must thank Him. If we can look back and see what God has done in our lives we will realise that it is important to give thanks to Him for His grace.

“So, when I look at the beginning and the end of the election which gave me victory, I have nothing to say other than to give thanks to the Almighty Allah who made me to participate in the election process, stand the election and win the election. Also, on getting to the Assembly I was made the Majority Leader, that is why I have to come back home and give special thanks to God,” he added.

He also used the occasion to assure the people of his constituency of adequate and proper representation, saying his new position would spur him to improve on the gains of the past and do more to improve on the lives of the people of his constituency.

Maito added that the Assembly would continue to work harmoniously with the executive arm to ensure the people of the state enjoy real dividends of good governance.

The Majority Leader particularly said the Assembly would give the state governor, Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, necessary support to establish Security Trust Fund to provide adequate security for lives and property of the citizenry, amidst banditry and kidnapping in and around the state.

(1) (Reply)

Beyond 10k Tradermoni Noise On Social Media / Buhari Must Not Manage Nigeria’s Economy Way He Did In His First Term –Opadokun / Mohammed Vs Balla: INEC Closes Defense In Bauchi Governorship Election Petition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.