Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,375 members, 7,978,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 09:31 PM

Another Nigerian Kid Shot Dead - London No Place To Raise Your Children ? - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Another Nigerian Kid Shot Dead - London No Place To Raise Your Children ? (9534 Views)

Retired Headmistress Shot Dead In Benin By Teenage Cultist (pic) / RiverPoly Student Shot Dead In The Ogoni Crisis (Graphic Photo) / We Robbed Banks To Raise Money For Boko Haram –suspect (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Nigerian Kid Shot Dead - London No Place To Raise Your Children ? by Busybody2(f): 1:16pm On Nov 19, 2010
tensor777:

[size=14pt]So its now about general anti-social behaviour rather than black kids dropping out of school, joining criminal gangs, and getting caught up in deadly gang war warfare. undecided[/size]

The point is that choosing to be a single mother in a country like England does bring unforeseen consequences whether you recognize that or not.
As for the bolded I have no idea what you are on about as it does not correspond to what I have witnessed.
Maybe you are confusing child abuse which is a serious problem in Africa with sound parental discipline is something wuite different.

SMH, how can you want to partake in a "London is not suitable place to raise kids" without addressing the anti-social angle posed by children of all races Do you "hear" yourself sometimes undecided Sometimes you can be very very articulate and well-researched when you put your points across, but in instances like this, all i can do is er . . . scratch my head and wonder undecided undecided undecided
Re: Another Nigerian Kid Shot Dead - London No Place To Raise Your Children ? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 19, 2010
justwise:

[/b]

What do you mean by they choose to be single mothers? How about our black brothers who go around taking advantage of black sisters? Getting them pregnant and running away from their responsibilities? Seriously i don't know the UK you are living in, who deosn't know that kids rule in schools and outside schools? Teachers got very very limited right to discipline kids and parents as well. Where are you getting your info from?
What do I mean?
1)I'm talking about immigrants from Africa that get pregnant in the hope that having a child born in England would give them government support and facilitate their application for ILR papers from the Home Office.
2)I'm talking about girls that choose to get pregnant even though they are not married, perhaps in the hope of tying down their fornication partner.

What county in England do I  live?.
Well I don't stay, and have never stayed in the inner cities, which gives me a more balanced picture of life here.
Honestly I am just baffled by your comments on life in England on this forum. SMH
Re: Another Nigerian Kid Shot Dead - London No Place To Raise Your Children ? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Nov 19, 2010
Busy_body:

SMH, how can you want to partake in a "London is not suitable place to raise kids" without addressing the anti-social angle posed by children of all races Do you "hear" yourself sometimes undecided Sometimes you can be very very articulate and well-researched when you put your points across, but in instances like this, all i can do is er . . . scratch my head and wonder undecided undecided undecided
Well you do seem to have this hate the UK agenda. Why not go back home then?

However why should I partake in a discussion about Anti Social Behaviour when this thread is not about that. You don't see it as a clever shifting the goalposts argument by Justwise simply to divert attention away from the black community to the system in general ??

We are talking about a specific culture of violent criminality in the black community and you want to bring up juvenile delinquency which is a highly generic issue?
Re: Another Nigerian Kid Shot Dead - London No Place To Raise Your Children ? by justwise(m): 1:35pm On Nov 19, 2010
tensor777:

What do I mean?
[b]1)I'm talking about immigrants from Africa that get pregnant in the hope that having a child born in England would give them government support and facilitate their application for ILR papers from the Home Office.
2)I'm talking about girls that choose to get pregnant even though they are not married, perhaps in the hope of tying down their fornication partner.[/b]What county in England do I  live?. Well I don't stay, and have never stayed in the inner cities, which gives me a more balanced picture of life here. Honestly I am just baffled by your comments on life in England on this forum. SMH

It happens both ways, African brothers marry for paper as well, even pay to marry a lesbo for paper. I think you are  one of the few that think that England is the best place to bring up kids. Who has the highest teenage pregnancy rate in western Europe? Third-highest number of 15 and 16-year-olds with an alcohol problem in Europe? Nigeria still remain much better place to bring up kids. Nigerian families in the Uk would have done much better for sure but the law has taken away almost all the parental
rights from them
Re: Another Nigerian Kid Shot Dead - London No Place To Raise Your Children ? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 19, 2010
justwise:

It happens both ways, African brothers marry for paper as well, even pay to marry a lesbo for paper. I think you are  one of the few that think that England is the best place to bring up kids. Who has the highest teenage pregnancy rate in western Europe? Third-highest number of 15 and 16-year-olds with an alcohol problem in Europe? Nigeria still remain much better place to bring up kids. Nigerian families in the Uk would have done much better for sure but the law has taken away almost all the parental
rights from them
Yep one of the few, but that does not stop these people from using all sorts of desperate strategms to remain in England. cool

One thing that still baffles me about this your blame the govt position is that how come Asians and Chinese families don't have this problem?
I see bright focused Asian students doing professional courses, graduating and getting very good jobs, whilst too many black boys drop out early and are sucked into this criminal gang culture
Re: Another Nigerian Kid Shot Dead - London No Place To Raise Your Children ? by justwise(m): 1:58pm On Nov 19, 2010
tensor777:

Yep one of the few, but that does not stop these people from using all sorts of desperate startegms to remain in England. cool

One thing that still baffles me about this your blame the govt position is that how come Asians and Chinese families don't have this problem?
I see bright focused Asian students doing professional courses, graduating and getting very good jobs, whilst too many black boys drop out early and are sucked into this criminal gang culture
And who told that they don't have their own problem? You haven't seen alot of Africans graduating and doing professional jobs? If you want to know about Asians and their crime waves visit yorkshire or other part of north of England, u seems to know only about black kids.
Re: Another Nigerian Kid Shot Dead - London No Place To Raise Your Children ? by Busybody2(f): 2:08pm On Nov 19, 2010
tensor777:

Well you do seem to have this hate the UK agenda. Why not go back home then?

However why should I partake in a discussion about Anti Social Behaviour when this thread is not about that. You don't see it as a clever shifting the goalposts argument by Justwise simply to divert attention away from the black community to the system in general ??

We are talking about a specific culture of violent criminality in the black community and you want to bring up juvenile delinquency which is a highly generic issue?

If not that you have a myopic sense of reasoning, why is it hard to comprehend what this topic is about? Do you see any "reference to being black" in the topic? Is this a black people are failing their children thread? And why shift the topic to black people are to blame and then go on a rant about black women, absolving the main reason (black men) of any crime or involvement undecided

Do you raise black children without them mixing with other races? How can you discuss and do justice to this topic without referencing the involvement of all the stakeholders in the society undecided  How can you just wanna talk about its their fault for being black and not touch on the establishment set up to just use them and dump them and fail them. And do you know where i am before opening your gob to tell me to go back home, shior undecided As if my memory would evaporate even if i move to Nigeria 50 years down the line undecided

tensor777:

Yep one of the few, but that does not stop these people from using all sorts of desperate startegms to remain in England. cool

The Asians, unlike Nigerians and we blacks in general, like to keep everything in the family, including the atrocious schenanigans they get up to, hence reason you hardly hear of them in the mainstream news, but we still heaer about their honour killings, their Imams and Alfas whom they honour and rever, their  Sharia Courts to deal with waywardness and excesses amongst themselves, etc.

And it is because of this in keeping things within themselves that majority of them have become dissaffected and have joined force and declared war on Britain with polls after polls after polls conducted for them saying Britain and US deserves 9/11, July 7th attack, etc undecided Keep burying your head in the sand undecided
Re: Another Nigerian Kid Shot Dead - London No Place To Raise Your Children ? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 19, 2010
justwise:

[/b] And who told that they don't have their own problem? You haven't seen alot of Africans graduating and doing professional jobs? If you want to know about Asians and their crime waves visit yorkshire or other part of north of England, u seems to know only about black kids.
Yes segments of the Asian community do have their own problems. However, I really am not going to be drawn into a pointscoring argument.
Lets end this discussion for now.
Be that as it may,this kind of tragedy should be the occasion for deep soul searching in the black community instead  of just reactively blaming the system.
Re: Another Nigerian Kid Shot Dead - London No Place To Raise Your Children ? by Busybody2(f): 2:21pm On Nov 19, 2010
tensor777:

Yes segments of the Asian community do have their own problems. However, I really am not going to be drawn into a pointscoring argument.
Lets end this discussion for now.
Be that as it may,this kind of tragedy should be the occasion for deep soul searching in the black community instead of just reactively blaming the system.

If anyone was doing any pointscoring it is/was you, here you cannot discipline a child, the Police are not allowed to give kids a clip round the head, Teachers are not allowed to even put a chuild in detention without a 24-hour notice, everyone knows kids are raised not only by the Parents in Nigeria, but also by the whole neighbourhood so the chances of the child being spoilt is virtually zilch.

Also Nigeria as a Country don't encourage single parenthood neither is their room for feckless Dad as much as this Country, so why you think you can discuss this issue without the fact that parents are not allowed to be parents by the government in this Country is negligible undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Migo loan scam / A Witch Bird Turns Into Human Being At Cappa Oshodi / Man Murders 86-year-old Woman Over Witchcraft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.