Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,973 members, 7,886,661 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 01:26 PM

How Can I Make My Phone Battery Last Long - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Can I Make My Phone Battery Last Long (782 Views)

How Many Days Does Your Phone Battery Last? / If You Want Your Phone Battery To Last Long: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing / Does Charging A Phone With A Laptop Spoil The Phone's Battery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Make My Phone Battery Last Long by Obejorstore(f): 11:07am On Aug 27, 2019
Today Obejor Online Store will be revealing to you, some very essential Tips to Make Your Phone Battery Last Long.

The tasks today’s smartphones perform are more demanding than ever. And to accommodate growing needs, processors have become more powerful and screens have gotten larger.

Sadly, lithium-ion batteries haven’t made as much as progress. This leaves you to rely solely on software for longer-lasting endurance unless you want to upgrade to a phone with maximum battery life.

Tips to Make Your Battery Last Long:

1. Take Control of Your Location

The most drastic way to improve your phone’s battery life is to shut off the GPS function entirely. In reality, though, that’s not usually practical.
Therefore, we instead recommend taking control of how your phone and apps use location.

2. Switch to the Dark Side

If your phone sports an OLED screen, switching to a dark theme helps to preserve the battery. Since OLED displays can disable individual pixels, backgrounds with deep blacks allow them to consume less power.

3. Manually Disable Screen Pixels

If you’re not comfortable with darker gradients, you can also manually switch off pixels through a 3rd party app called Pixoff. The app employs one of several available grid patterns to quickly deactivate half of the pixels.

4. Turn Off Automatic Wi-Fi
Since the Oreo update, Android comes with a feature that continues to look for open Wi-Fi networks even when you’ve disabled Wi-Fi. To turn it off, open Settings > Network & internet > Wi-Fi. Under Wi-Fi preferences, uncheck the Turn on Wi-Fi automatically option.

5. Limit Apps Running in the Background

Most apps you use are active even after you exit them. That’s where Android’s app-specific battery tools enter. With a simple switch, you can completely restrict an app from accessing the battery in the background. Find this at Settings > Apps & Notifications and there, inside the specific app’s page, tap Advanced > Battery > Background restriction.

If you have an older phone, you can also try a 3rd party app called Greenify. This helps stop apps from consuming resources in the background. However, we recommend using the native feature on modern devices since as it works better than 3rd-party solutions.

6. Manage Background Data Access for Each App

Similarly, you can cut off data access for apps you don’t think should use it in the background. To reach this setting, follow the steps in #5 above but instead of Battery, select Data Usage.

Hope with these tips Obejor Online Store has helped you to understand how to make your phone battery last longer.

Re: How Can I Make My Phone Battery Last Long by tafat: 3:35am On Aug 28, 2019
nice tips you dropped here op, well i think you can make use of the power management app to, i use it on my TECNO device to boost battery performance.
Re: How Can I Make My Phone Battery Last Long by Obejorstore(f): 5:39pm On Aug 29, 2019
tafat:
nice tips you dropped here op, well i think you can make use of the power management app to, i use it on my TECNO device to boost battery performance.

That's a good one too
Re: How Can I Make My Phone Battery Last Long by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 30, 2019
Buy a power bank
Re: How Can I Make My Phone Battery Last Long by Obejorstore(f): 1:29pm On Aug 30, 2019
chidiadi247:
Buy a power bank

At Obejor, we sell

Power banks at Obejor.com

(1) (Reply)

I Sell Laptops N Accessories / A Nairalander Needs Suggestions on a Very Good Phone / These Phones Are Selling At Cheaper Prices This Period

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.