Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,028 members, 7,933,468 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 07:41 AM

My Boyfriend Wants To Be 'Just Friends' - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Wants To Be 'Just Friends' (24992 Views)

I'm Pregnant; My Boyfriend Wants Abortion / Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? / My Ex-Boyfriend Wants Us To Meet & I Can't Resist Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Wants To Be 'Just Friends' by moondust(m): 10:26am On May 17, 2007
pearlyseed:

Moondust, who am i?

too private 2 b discussed here. Hit me up wit email addy from my profile and I'll tell ya wink
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To Be 'Just Friends' by adconline(m): 6:27am On May 18, 2007
2dye4 @

Let me help you out. my reference to that song is not in any regard to the credibility of the musician as an expert on matters of the heart (by the way, she didn't write the song), also that musicians are out to make money does not totally mean of they are entirely shallow. the logic is simple, "is cutting your head of the ultimate remedy for a migraine"? after coming this far on lovers lane with the lady, he thinks reverting back to tha "good ol' friendship" is the way out of his issues? my apologies, but that's  so lame!

Like I said Nelly lyrics are not for rocky relationships like this one. This needs real life solutions. She has to take into account that the guy is worried about his job.  I don't know of any man except you who wants get jiggy with it when he is about to be financially divorced. Is it lame now to tell the girl situation of things or get married and they will be in  financial limbo all  in the name of love.  I don't know of any where love thrives without maintenance.

As for me getting therapy, maybe you need to re-examine yourself because  U don't care if your house is on fire. You sounded like “mama thank ma boy'' What is your level of responsibility in your parents’ house?
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To Be 'Just Friends' by 2dye4(m): 7:08am On May 18, 2007
@adconline:

i bet u dnt even know d song or the lyrics

as for my level of responsibility, what can i say? i make my cheddas fall like rain!

Seriously though, don't take it on the wrong note, just go for the therapy cos ur the one with issues ( man can get freaky becos he's broke? i wonder what name the doctor will tag ur condition grin grin )
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To Be 'Just Friends' by joanie(f): 12:28pm On May 18, 2007
the guy is basically sayin, we started out 2 fast, lets go slow, lets get 2 no each oda beta. or then again he is probably jus not intrested anymore and dosnt no how 2 tell u. so girl b smart enuf and let love find u.
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To Be 'Just Friends' by sexyella: 12:58pm On May 18, 2007
Hit the road girlie.
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To Be 'Just Friends' by yemisa: 2:02pm On May 18, 2007
Your lucky that he is telling you this ahead , so you either move on with your life before it is too late or continue been humilated by him, there plenty of guys out who am sure will want cross the ocean to get you
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To Be 'Just Friends' by georgies(m): 11:13am On May 19, 2007
he has his reasons
just follow it up well
negative or positive
one is likely
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To Be 'Just Friends' by georgies(m): 11:18am On May 19, 2007
@yemisa
i hear you
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To Be 'Just Friends' by engee2(f): 4:57pm On May 21, 2007
SWTHRT
IT CLEAR ITS NOT WORKING I HAD DE SAME PROS AND I FRIEND TOLD ME DE BITTER TRUTH , WHEN A GUY U ;LL DATING COMES UP WITH ALL THOSE KIND OF SHITS GIRL HE AINT JUST INTERESTED . PLS DNT LET EMOTINS RULE U @ALL. JUST LET IT BE. SINCE HE WANTS 2 BE UR FRIEND LET HE TAKE DE LEAD . TRY NOT 2 CALL OR SMS HE. BEFORE U END UP FOOLING URSELF
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To Be 'Just Friends' by Dalby(m): 10:10am On May 22, 2007
Men this guy is having job problems, who knows even financial problems and most of the female folks here are advising for her to move on. What is this world coming to? This guy is under a lot of pressure at this time and what he needs is support and understanding cry
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To Be 'Just Friends' by Vernor(m): 10:48am On May 22, 2007
cry 4 u, i know how it pains, but i want to go outside wot odas r saying a man lookin 4 a job does not know luv but can only patch it. Give him time. Give him encouragement even if he wants to change his mind giving him hope can give u hope too from him. cool
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To Be 'Just Friends' by Nobody: 2:47pm On May 23, 2007
that is to say him don chop belleful
no long tory!!!!
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To Be 'Just Friends' by dunky(m): 4:01pm On May 23, 2007
dear oyb,i think i disagree with your comment,its not only the guys who can be cowards when it comes to breaking up relationships,my own girlfriend of 1year,said the same to me about a week ago,the real reason for that,i still don't know.When i spoke to a friend about the issue,my friend was of the candid opinion that she had gotten someone else who is better off financially,since am just managing for now.So its an issue from both angles.[color=#990000][/color]Girl keep ur head high,and take hold of urself,your own God sent guy is on the way.peace
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To Be 'Just Friends' by Vitastraka(m): 6:50pm On May 23, 2007
I support that guy jo, I support his action.

If it was Vitastraka you girls will not even be nice, you will openly tell Vitastraka you want to see somebody else whether Vitastraka likes it or not. Why should Vitastraka now be sympathizing with you? Tell me?
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To Be 'Just Friends' by natur(m): 10:41pm On May 23, 2007
There's no perfect game in this life of ours. Something may sound like this, and is like the other way round in the look of it. I can see the sincerity in your words. Tell you what, You can not draw a perfect line from our contribution here but as far as I'm concern give this guy a chance -- but have other people in your life -- because you can never tell what is in the heart of a man. I have died so many times for a particular girl, and is still dying for her. It's been a time now, say three years but she hardly would never remember getting acquainted with me. Though my own story is a different story to tell, but what I am driving at is that a guy could be damn crazy about you but still yet never let you in on it.

Though, many will tell you to give up based on personal experience but consider the fact that they just heard from one side of the story, and had no glimpse on what this guy look like to talk of his style. Listen to your heart.
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To Be 'Just Friends' by katchy(f): 12:59am On Sep 19, 2007
grin for the people who are advising you to send texts and wait, dnt want to tell you the truth. my dear the man is tired of u and does not want the rlship anymore. he wants to or rather he might have another woman. Look deeeply and you will see. the fact that he is changing jobs not even looking for a job does not warrant a hold on the rlship and you guys started on the wrong footing, HAVING A RLSHIP BASED ON GETTING MARRIED AFTERWARDS. This is nigerian style and i hate it. Dont you know that wen u dont allow a relationship tp grow naturally and you have a condition b4 the relationship even begins one person may feel pressured? I dont know how people want to get married before they actually know the person. Na wa oo
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To Be 'Just Friends' by Sulaig(m): 2:04pm On Sep 19, 2007
katchy:

grin for the people who are advising you to send texts and wait, dnt want to tell you the truth. my dear the man is tired of u and does not want the rlship anymore. he wants to or rather he might have another woman. Look deeeply and you will see. the fact that he is changing jobs not even looking for a job does not warrant a hold on the rlship and you guys started on the wrong footing, HAVING A RLSHIP BASED ON GETTING MARRIED AFTERWARDS. This is nigerian style and i hate it. Dont you know that when u don't allow a relationship tp grow naturally and you have a condition before the relationship even begins one person may feel pressured? I don't know how people want to get married before they actually know the person. Na wa oo

Very well said.
Honey,forgive me for what i'm about to say cos you've talked of this guy in glowing terms but i think that guy only wanted to shag you.Nothing else.No wonder the mention of marriage made him run away.
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To Be 'Just Friends' by mekoyo(m): 3:41pm On Dec 21, 2007
@poster

just be friends
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To Be 'Just Friends' by 2old4that(m): 4:35pm On Dec 21, 2007
@poster

just be friends

Abi! Just behave like friends do
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To Be 'Just Friends' by wasty(f): 1:43am On Oct 01, 2008
i hate wen boys say dat, i think if he doesnt want u as hiz girl he cant have u as his friend, datz just ma rule,
hiz goin to realize how much he needs u in hiz life, plus everytime ur exboyfriend end up ur friend iz way harder to get over him and 2 move on,
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To Be 'Just Friends' by Ibitoyesofola(m): 11:14am On Oct 01, 2008
Can i take is place and b more than a friend 1 you said ur boyfriend u didnt say ur boylover so is acting like a friend if u nid me u can cal me 08024038499
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To Be 'Just Friends' by chikito1(f): 11:21am On Oct 01, 2008
I have been in a similar situation, where a guy said he just wants to be friends while we were dating. Of course he was just being a coward to say it's all

over and i helped him out by calling the whole thing off. It was painful i must say but it was the best move i made for myself, cos i met this fab fab fab guy

and dated for  7 years and we are now married. A guy that knows the worth of what he has will not say he wants to be friends with a girl he knows he

may eventually loose. You may need to ask questions why he wants to be frineds and also what you are meant to be doing while you remain friends. Are

you to see other guys? or will he want you in his bed when he feels like and then do back to the normal friend levels? You need to clear things out b4 you

make your move. Good luck girl smiley
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To Be 'Just Friends' by egokanwa(f): 3:39pm On Oct 01, 2008
mmmhhh[flash=200,200][/flash][sub][/sub]
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To Be 'Just Friends' by Baby3: 10:09pm On Apr 24, 2011
i think this web might be helpful for you, my boyf did the same thing like how ur ex did. he's actually cant get rid of you from his life, the only way to completely get rid you from his heart is by choosing to be friends. Ive been trying ways which was waste of time till i found this page. its very helpful, my advice is try to play your role too! you HAVE to be playing hard to get, try to be one in a million. He'll someday realise how really stupid he is by letting go a very wonderful girl like you smiley trust me, honey.

http://www.get-back-your-ex-boyfriend.com/ex-boyfriend-dating-someone-else.php

http://www.get-back-your-ex-boyfriend.com/make-ex-boyfriend-miss-you.php

there are two webs, both are helpful.
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To Be 'Just Friends' by Connie001: 4:24am On Apr 25, 2011
angry
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To Be 'Just Friends' by PLENTYNAIR(m): 8:27am On Apr 25, 2011
:-x
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To Be 'Just Friends' by Youngpo413: 9:35am On Oct 16, 2014
Rhea:
Pearlyseed,

I think you have to be patient. Not every relationship ends in marriage (I already assume that's your goal in all this). However, when that becomes the case, both parties usually get the hang of it at some point. You will both feel the chemistry and that spark at the right time. However, it's left for you to decide how long you're willing to wait for it. It is not unknown for couples to be friends for a long time, then date for 1-3yrs before getting married.

You may feel it's time to take the relationship to another level. He may not. So I suggest you maintain status quo and watch things carefully without putting undue pressure on him. I have no doubt that there are other 'friends' in his life. This is reality show here.

Also, remember that friends mustn't date, and are not barred from dating other people. So, if I were you, I would also make other 'friends'. If his doesn't work out like you expect, you can move on.

Life is too short. Make the best of it. But know what you want. Sorry to say, but some people don't.

Goodluck!

both rushed,so don`t be surprised that they rushing out...love(lust) at first sight things...na so e dey be.
The guy eye don clear,so he had waken up to face reality.

(1) (2) (Reply)

3 SECRETS of Confidence, Sex, and Wealth No One Wants Men to Know (Picture) / Some Character Traits That Places A Lady In The Class Of A Love Peddler / Full Nude Video Of Actress Maryam Booth That Was Leaked Online(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.