Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,350 members, 7,947,558 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 11:26 PM

2019 BMW X5 Protection VR6 Can Withstand Any Millitarygrade Weapons Fired At It - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2019 BMW X5 Protection VR6 Can Withstand Any Millitarygrade Weapons Fired At It (1228 Views)

2020 Mercedes GLS Vs. 2019 BMW X7, Which Side Are You On? (Photos) / Bmw Unveils It’s Largest Suv, The 2019 Bmw X7 After 10 Years / 2019 BMW X4 Arrives In Style (photos, Features And Price) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019 BMW X5 Protection VR6 Can Withstand Any Millitarygrade Weapons Fired At It by obafemee80(m): 9:24am On Aug 28, 2019

German automaker BMW has released an armour-plated version of its first SUV called the X5 Protection VR6. The new Tank-On-Wheels was designed to offer both private customers and diplomatic personnel protection against violent attacks and organised crime.

In addition to having a high-strength steel doors, side frames, roof and firewall, the new BMW X5 Protection VR6 is also fitted with 30mm thick glass for the doors windscreen and boot partition.

This VR6 level protection, according to the German automaker, can withstand bullets as large as the 7.62×39-mm round from an AK-47. BMW also rates this tank to survive a blast from 15 kilograms of TNT from 4 metres away.

The new BMW X5 Protection VR6 also has features like self-sealing fuel tank and a "reinforced sidewalls" runflat tyres that allows the driver to continue the journey even after a complete loss of tyre pressure. Optional after crash functions that ensure that the engine is not switched off after a collision are also available.

Other standard features of the BMW X5 Protection VR6 include an intercom and an attack alarm system. You can even pay more to equip it with ventilated and massaging seats, a reversing camera, LED front flashers in the radiator grille, rear flashers, roof-mounted light beacons, a roof antenna with additional receiver for digital radio as well as armour-plating for the vehicle batteries.

Powering this rig is BMW’s twin-turbocharged 4.4-liter V8 petrol engine, that produces 530 horsepower and 750 Nm of torque. This power is fed to all four wheels via eight-speed automatic gearbox, which is enough to take this tank from standstill to 62mph in 5.9 seconds and an electronically limited top speed of 130mph.

The truth is, you can barely distinguish the BMW X5 Protection VR6 tank from a conventional production vehicle when they stand side-by-side.

BMW hasn't announced its prices yet.

What Do You Think About The 2019 Armoured BMW X5 Protection VR6? Let Us Know In The Comments Section Below

https://autojosh.com/this-2019-bmw-x5-protection-vr6-can-withstand-any-millitary-grade-weapons-fired-at-it/

Cc Lalasticlala Mynd44
Re: 2019 BMW X5 Protection VR6 Can Withstand Any Millitarygrade Weapons Fired At It by tillaman(m): 9:25am On Aug 28, 2019
World class
Don’t you just love Bimma!!!
Bimma all day everyday
Re: 2019 BMW X5 Protection VR6 Can Withstand Any Millitarygrade Weapons Fired At It by tck2000(m): 9:48am On Aug 28, 2019
Nowadays Mercerdez produces crap.I guess Bmw or Audi would overtake Benz sooner or later.
Re: 2019 BMW X5 Protection VR6 Can Withstand Any Millitarygrade Weapons Fired At It by drips8(m): 10:01am On Aug 28, 2019
That's a luxurious tank-on-wheels

1 Like

Re: 2019 BMW X5 Protection VR6 Can Withstand Any Millitarygrade Weapons Fired At It by Patrick33(m): 5:05pm On Aug 28, 2019
tck2000:
Nowadays Mercerdez produces crap.I guess Bmw or Audi would overtake Benz sooner or later.
they were never ahead of BMW in the first place
Re: 2019 BMW X5 Protection VR6 Can Withstand Any Millitarygrade Weapons Fired At It by king406(m): 5:19pm On Aug 28, 2019
For a second i thought bmw was now using VR6 engines grin
Re: 2019 BMW X5 Protection VR6 Can Withstand Any Millitarygrade Weapons Fired At It by Nobody: 12:47am On Aug 29, 2019
Goddamnit! Imagine I drive this machine go greet Awujale for Ijebu Land? grin

I commot for the vehicle in my white agbada, with my Bermuda-Triangular shaped Cap facing the East, West & North simultaneously - while prostrating to Awujale and shouting Kabiyesi oooo! grin

Awujale go commot his white irukere (Afrikan beaded-horsetail) passed down from generations to generations unto him directly from Obatala, laced with ancient unadulterated juju that can turn day to night & night to day. grin

Awujale - using the irukere to pat my left & right shoulders while chanting the sacred incantations of blessings bestowed onto him from generations directly from the mouth of Sango upon my head. grin

Kai! Any power, spirit or personality blocking my dreams & heart desires; hindering & delaying me from becoming a multi-Billionaire; lightning & thunder directly from the mouth of Sango - scatter them asunder & roast them to ashes!

Because:

Abaniseta ni oruko ti an n pe Ifa

Olagborandun ni oruko ti an pe iwo ile.

Adanilare ni oruko ti a n pe ori eni

Ada-fi-eku–sakin ni oruko ti an pe Ogun Lakaaye Oshimale

Okunrin gbirin-gbinrin bi ide ni oruko ti a pe Esu Laalu Ogirioko

Okurin koroboto ti n te opa oje ni oruko ti a n pe awon orisa

Afojana-fepo-para ni oruko ti a n pe Sonpona

Nijo ti egbeegbeje n baa won mejeje yi sota

Ile ni ki won o ma sanku, ile ni ki won o ma yanku

Adanilare ni oruko ti a n pe ori eni

Ori mi wa damilare lodo omode ati agba

Ile ki o wa gbeja mi ja

Orisa ki o gbemi ni ija ja

Ogun ki o lo baa awon ota mi ja

Esu ki o lo pagi ti gbogbo awon ota mi

Afojana –fepo –para ki o lo fi awon ota mi ko epo

Gbogbo enikeni to ba n ro ibi simi ki ibi ba won

Awon irunmole mejeje yi lo gbeyin gbogbo awon ota won

Emi Zoharariel Underscore Obatala ni ki n gbeyin gbogbo awon ota mi

Magbeyin-magbeyin ni agba iledi n dun

Emi ni ki gbeyin gbogbo awon ota mi

Ase!

Translation:

Abaniseta is the name we call Ifa

Olagborandun is the name we call Mother Earth

Adanilare is the name we call one’s Ori (destiny)

Ada-fi-eku–sakin is the name we call Ogun Lakaaye Oshimale

Okunrin gbirin-gbinrin bi ide (a man who is as strong as brass) is the name we call Èsu Laalu Ogirioko

Okurin koroboto ti n te opa oje ( a plump man with the staff of lead) is the name we call Orisa (deities)

Afojana-fepo-para is the name we call Sonpona

When the seven of them were in the midst of 1,400 enemies

Mother Earth decreed that their enemies should begin to die prematurely, Mother Earth commanded their enemies to die sudden death

The vindicator is the name we call one’s Ori (destiny)

My Ori (destiny) vindicate me in the presence of both the young and the old

Mother Earth, come to my aid and fight for me

Orisa, fight on my behalf

Esu, wage war against all my enemies

Ogun, fight & vanquish all my enemies

Afojana–fepo–para attack my enemies with small pox

Any one wishing me evil, let evil befall such a person

All these seven aforementioned deities were victorious & conquered their enemies

I, Zoharariel Underscore Obatala shall be victorious & conquer all my enemies

Ase! grin

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Track Your Car Yourself (affordable). / Nairalanders Pls Can I Get A Fairly Used Keke Napep For 200k-250?? / Micra Vs Golf 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.