Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,582 members, 7,944,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 12:02 AM

Sonnia Agu: Birth Of The Sapiosexual Club - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Sonnia Agu: Birth Of The Sapiosexual Club (365 Views)

Bambam Receives Sapiosexual Club Award, Stuns In Off Shoulder Outfit / Sholaye Jeremi, Linda Ikeji’s Baby Daddy Speaks On Birth Of Son, Jayce Jeremi / Ayiri Emami Congratulates Sholaye Jeremi And Linda Ikeji On Birth Of Their Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sonnia Agu: Birth Of The Sapiosexual Club by Howfa9ja: 10:50am On Aug 28, 2019
With numerous Charity works to her name, and her utmost belief in the Nigerian dream, Sonnia Agu creates the Sapiosexual Club.
The Sapiosexual Elite Association (SEA) Club is the first intellectual social wills association that started in Nigeria and is registered with the Federal Ministry of Trade and Investments. It employs a novel approach to empower young Africans so they are stirred and inspired to take social development seriously and apply their creative minds to contribute tremendously to the all-round progress of Africa and the advancement of the entire human race.
Sonnia says, “I have always had an innate desire to change the narrative and do good. I come from a very charitable family as well; I remember growing up with people always in front of the house with one issue or the other. The ice cream truck pulls up and the whole street lines up because my dad is buying for us all. We had over 30 cousins and extended family in the house every holiday as my dad was the one they looked up to, the list is endless. My Mum would take all our clothes and have us give to charity always. So, moving back to Nigeria and seeing the things I saw broke my heart.”
Since its inception, the Sapiosexual Club has grown in bounds and has membership strength of over 10,000 young professionals. The mentoring program has birthed a vibrant community of high achieving entrepreneurs, civil society leaders and public servants who are unrepentantly committed to taking bold actions that create a career and national success.
"Now don't get me wrong, I had to struggle too. Even with my First Class, I was working at the airport where I had to push wheelchairs and earn not up to N70,000. Men and women with children earned way less. I was transferred to Cargo at some point and it was crazy as the men I saw had families and they earned lesser salaries and were expected to live right, not steal, come to work Mondays to Saturdays for peanuts. I need not tell you about my NYSC experience. The truth remains that people are suffering.
Sapio has helped restore civic hope and reduce political apathy by creating a new breed of politically conscious individuals. As a direct result of our political drive, over 5,000 persons have registered to collect their permanent voter's card and cast their votes in the previous elections.

(1) (Reply)

#Assurance2020: 'She Said YES' - Davido Shows Off Chioma's Huge Engagement Ring / Burna Boy’s Song “anybody” Featured In Dwayne Johnson’s Movie “ballers” (watch V / UNILAG Finally Reacts To Inviting MC Oluomo As A ‘special Guest’.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.