Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,878 members, 7,872,898 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:13 AM

Ways Of Handling Tribalism Properly - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ways Of Handling Tribalism Properly (448 Views)

Hakimi A Role Model: Guys Relish & Celebrate "Hakimi's Method" Of Handling Brats / Effective Ways Of Handling Crisis In Relationship / Step-to-step Ways Of How To Get Yourself Out Of The Friend Zone ㄧ Part One (1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ways Of Handling Tribalism Properly by Nobody: 9:47pm On Aug 28, 2019
The first truth I will tell you is that it is not easy for one not to be inclined to his or her tribe. There is this natural wish you have for good things to come to your tribe. But the issue here is that, if such wishes and inclinations are not properly managed, it leads to Tribalism ..

I will map out ways to manage Tribalism, because eradicating it completely is difficult, but reducing it is more feasible.

(1) Love your own tribe: Firstly, love your own tribe because it is your first family where your culture and tradition emanated from. Your tribe is were you can relate to and feel rooted.

(2) Help Other Tribes: You may want to favour your tribe more than other tribes, but make sure you create a deep balance that displays equality...How do I mean? You can help your tribe more, but make sure the percentage of help compared to other tribes has a low margin.

(3) Do justice to all tribes: It is wrong to punish other tribes & cover up the fault of your tribe. Despite the fact you love your tribe, give equal justice to your tribe & other tribes.

(4) Don't be bent on criticizing other tribes: Some people see it as Christmas when another tribe has fallen short. They enjoy it & use it as a tool for criticism. It is wrong...

(5) Speak General Language on Special Occasions: This is a big mistake most tribes do. You can't be deliberating an issue with other tribes and then chip in your language to your tribes men while on deliberation. The only thing you may do is that after the deliberation, you can then talk to your tribes men in your language.
Re: Ways Of Handling Tribalism Properly by MycroftHolmes: 2:23am On Aug 29, 2019
Nice one OP, although chances are slim it will make FP, lacking the prerequisite keywords of 'BBnaija', 'snake', 'tonto' or 'bo.obs'

Let's hope it does anyways. At least, it could be the first step in dissolving NCAN permanently.

1 Share

Re: Ways Of Handling Tribalism Properly by lincsnuel: 4:18am On Aug 29, 2019
Nice read, but guess what? All those stuff you wrote ends here. Few will put it to practice.

Tribalism is so ingrained in the minds of an average Nigerian that it would take a miracle to end this menace. It is virtually impossible to stop tribalism because Nigerians do it as a form of brotherhood for their tribes.

One of the causes is illiteracy as I have noticed that well educated people tend to be less bias.

Only way to reduce it is to reduce the power of the federal government and give each state the opportunity to utilize the respective raw materials in their states without FG intervention. Each state will not depend on FG allocation and all the governors will take governance seriously. This will also change the tribalism in Nigeria to healthy competition as each state will be competing in infrastrucural development, agriculture, technology, business etc.
Re: Ways Of Handling Tribalism Properly by Nobody: 5:10am On Aug 29, 2019
lincsnuel:
Nice read, but guess what? All those stuff you wrote ends here. Few will put it to practice.

Tribalism is so ingrained in the minds of an average Nigerian that it would take a miracle to end this menace. It is virtually impossible to stop tribalism because Nigerians do it as a form of brotherhood for their tribes.

One of the causes is illiteracy as I have noticed that well educated people tend to be less bias.

Only way to reduce it is to reduce the power of the federal government and give each state the opportunity to utilize the respective raw materials in their states without FG intervention. Each state will not depend on FG allocation and all the governors will take governance seriously. This will also change the tribalism in Nigeria to healthy competition as each state will be competing in infrastrucural development, agriculture, technology, business etc.
Tribalism needs to reduce much
Re: Ways Of Handling Tribalism Properly by Heroclitus(m): 11:57am On Aug 29, 2019
I no longer feel bad whenever I hear of any racial abuse from the whites towards us,because even within the same country,there's still some form of tribal discrimination

1 Like

Re: Ways Of Handling Tribalism Properly by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 29, 2019
Heroclitus:
I no longer feel bad whenever I hear of any racial abuse from the whites towards us,because even within the same country,there's still some form of tribal discrimination
We judge the whites but do same
Re: Ways Of Handling Tribalism Properly by ABCthings: 12:05pm On Aug 29, 2019
MycroftHolmes:
Nice one OP, although chances are slim it will make FP, lacking the prerequisite keywords of 'BBnaija', 'snake', 'tonto' or 'bo.obs'

Let's hope it does anyways. At least, it could be the first step in dissolving NCAN permanently.
please what is NCAN
Re: Ways Of Handling Tribalism Properly by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 29, 2019
ABCthings:
please what is NCAN
NCAN?
Re: Ways Of Handling Tribalism Properly by Heroclitus(m): 1:51pm On Aug 29, 2019
ABCthings:
please what is NCAN

Name checkers association of Nigeria
Re: Ways Of Handling Tribalism Properly by 24kmagic: 3:52pm On Aug 29, 2019
Gbe body ehn
Re: Ways Of Handling Tribalism Properly by MycroftHolmes: 8:30pm On Aug 29, 2019
ABCthings:
please what is NCAN
Name Checkers' Association of Nigeria.
Always making tribalistic comments on crime related threads

(1) (Reply)

How To Take Charge Of Ur Sexual Life / See Reactions After A Lady Quoted “I Dislike The Attitude Of Women In Power" / Why Do People Get Married?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.