Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,679 members, 7,882,308 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 09:21 PM

Nlng Have Started Contacting - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nlng Have Started Contacting (7122 Views)

Unsuccessful Interviews Have Started Affecting My Confidence. / NLNG Test 2013. / Careers At Nlng Recruitment Of Graduate Trainees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nlng Have Started Contacting by roshmedia(m): 5:45pm On May 22, 2007
hello
just called lng, and am in guys. congrats all thats in and well there always more space outthere for others cheerio.

@orjigga

i am also a current corper, and i think it depends on what they say when we get there. the ball is in there court, if they want to loose the best brain in the nation to a lazy scheme like NYSC [nigerian youth suffering crazy] well i cant help them.

just pray or keep your fingers cross. whatever! wink kiss
Re: Nlng Have Started Contacting by kollyso(m): 6:10pm On May 22, 2007
Hello guys,
well im yet 2 make any contact bt Im gonna do that now.Bt Uleh can u pls tell the house when d interview is to commence?
Re: Nlng Have Started Contacting by Star99: 7:51pm On May 22, 2007
i took my test in ABuja, am yet to call them, but my heart knows no bound in joy for those that ve made it, my prayer is that their story will be made permanent, whenever i call the lines are always engaged but i ll continue trying till i hear a good news,
Re: Nlng Have Started Contacting by dungar: 12:16pm On May 23, 2007
fellow landers, i congratulate those that were successful and pray 4 we dat didnt make it.
BUT I HAVE NOTICED SOMETHING WITH THE WAY THEY SELECION WAS DONE.
THE SELECTION IS BASED ON QUATER SYSTEM NOT ON MERIT, THIS IS because WHEN I CALLED AND WAS TOLD I DIDNT MADE IT, I THEN PROCEED FURTHER TO ASK HOW MANY PER STATE WHERE SELECTED AND WAS TOLD THAT PRIORITY IS BEEN GIVEN TO THE SOUTH-SOUTH AND SOUTH -EAST CANDIDATE. THAT FOR THE OTHER STATES ITS 3persons PER STATE.
I WAS SHOCK AND I TOLD MY SELF THAT I AM PROUD TO BE A NOTHERNER, IF LNG WILL DISCRIMINATE ME GOD WILL NOT, SO MY PEOPLE THIER IS HOPE JUST KEEP PRAYING FOR BETTER OPPORTUNTIES.
THANKS.
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Nlng Have Started Contacting by saliat(f): 12:51pm On May 23, 2007
sweetstjoy,u r just like ur name. so sweet! UR BEST is yet to come.I called and was told i was successful.i got them on extension 4214.All the best to those who havent called yet.God is still in control.That reminds me!Got an invitation for zenith bank Test in kano 2morrow.Has anypne gotten any such invitation?
Re: Nlng Have Started Contacting by jbyno: 2:08pm On May 23, 2007
Allo Landers, congrats to all that made it to the next stage. i want to find out if letters have been sent to anybody inviting for the interview, if yes, when and where?
Re: Nlng Have Started Contacting by gmemdee(m): 3:19pm On May 23, 2007
dungar:

fellow landers, i congratulate those that were successful and pray 4 we that didnt make it.
THE SELECTION IS BASED ON QUATER SYSTEM NOT ON MERIT, THIS IS because WHEN I CALLED AND WAS TOLD I DIDNT MADE IT, I THEN PROCEED FURTHER TO ASK HOW MANY PER STATE WHERE SELECTED AND WAS TOLD THAT PRIORITY IS BEEN GIVEN TO THE SOUTH-SOUTH AND SOUTH -EAST CANDIDATE. THAT FOR THE OTHER STATES ITS 3persons PER STATE.
I WAS SHOCK AND I TOLD MY SELF THAT I AM PROUD TO BE A NOTHERNER, IF LNG WILL DISCRIMINATE ME GOD WILL NOT, SO MY PEOPLE THIER IS HOPE JUST KEEP PRAYING FOR BETTER OPPORTUNTIES.
THANKS.
[color=#990000][/color]
This is the kind of "sour grapes" comments that should be beneath nairalanders. I would advise dungar to seek self improvement rather than attributing his inability to pass the test to a so-called quater system{sic}. His post is so riddled with grammatical errors that one wonders how he convinced himself that he could pass on merit.
As an aside,i find it amusing that a northerner should complain about the quota system now entrenched in Nigeria. Northerners not only brought the concept;they have benefitted the most.
Re: Nlng Have Started Contacting by zhia2000(f): 4:56pm On May 23, 2007
gmemdee:

This is the kind of "sour grapes" comments that should be beneath Nairaland users. I would advise dungar to seek self improvement rather than attributing his inability to pass the test to a so-called quater system{sic}. His post is so riddled with grammatical errors that one wonders how he convinced himself that he could pass on merit.
As an aside,i find it amusing that a northerner should complain about the quota system now entrenched in Nigeria. Northerners not only brought the concept;they have benefitted the most.

dungar:

fellow landers, i congratulate those that were successful and pray 4 we that didnt make it.
THANKS.
[color=#990000][/color]

To Dungar [b]and gmemdee[/b], You lot can't be serious. I think this is not the forum for the two of you to air your ethnocentric views. I visit this particular forum everyday because of the positivity shown by every one (including those that weren't shortlisted). dungar has the right to feel aggrieved but to say selection was made solely on state of origin is insulting to those of us that studied hard for the test. please call back and ask for your score you're entitled to them. gmemdee you did not have to point out dungar's grammatical/spelling errors nor his geo political zone.

In saying that, i am from rivers state and i know i passed on merit. i also support the discriminatory quota system for employing O&G staff not only because it favours the region but because it would help to improve the morale of the youths and thus hopefully discourage them from picking up arms.

Hopefully our 9ja will reach a stage when one's state of origin, or who one knows will not affect the best qualified person's ability or inability to get a job anywhere.
Re: Nlng Have Started Contacting by tokinho: 11:11am On May 24, 2007
hi landers,

I was unfortunate not to move to the next level with NLNG, but i know I will link up somewhere else, cos i beleive God has something good planned for me elsewhere. Those that didnt make it as well, dont loose hope. Your success story is being prepared right now. to my successful brethens i say congrats and go take ur post, i wish y'all the best of luck and watchout for me, am already on that ladder.

if u have been unbale to contact LNG try this ext 4125, i guess this works the best. office number is 012624190.

anyone can buzz me on 08028760058, 08033802432
Re: Nlng Have Started Contacting by tryme: 1:43pm On May 24, 2007
The selection was actually based on quota system. take it from me. The first thing you will be asked is your state of origin.
Re: Nlng Have Started Contacting by kuwena(m): 2:53pm On May 24, 2007
For the love of Pete, @tryme, we all know it was based on quota system, you needed to have been the best in your state to have succeeded. Okay? It's the way forward we need now, not the way withal. angry
Re: Nlng Have Started Contacting by thought: 9:03pm On May 24, 2007
dungar please, you did not tell us how many people per state they selected from the south-south and south-east states. You only told us that of OTHER states or did they fail to tell you that and why didnt you ask for that piece of information. Half truth is no truth. So please enlighten us.

Also, if your statement is to be taken as true, why did NLNG give priority to the south-east,  how many gas pipe lines pass through majority of the south east  ( don't get me wrong, I am only trying to fault dungar's statment. YOU ARE NOT BEING TRUTHFULL THATS IT ), 

STOP RASING UP ETHIC SENTIMENTS HERE especially as they are unfounded!!

Those that didnt passed did well (recall they were called for the second stage) but they were still those that must have done better-and were selected.

Well all those are distractions now. WHAT IS THE WAY FORWARD, WHAT IS THE NEXT STAGE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH.PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Re: Nlng Have Started Contacting by gmemdee(m): 9:17am On May 25, 2007
@zhia2000,
am pained that you tarred dungar and I with the same brush. I do not see how my post can be referred to as ethnocentric.I just pointed out a fact.It is a painful fact, but it is what it is.No where,however, did I say any ethnic group or tribe is better than the other. But if you read dungar's post you see that he is implying,no, explicitly saying that people were selected not on merit but on the basis of their states of origin, and what is more, that if merit were to be the criteria those selected would not have the chance. Painfully there is no evidence to back his assertion.His geo-political zone?He stated that all by himself.
I also hope with you that a Nigeria without quota system becomes a reality,soonest.And may I congratulate you on your success.
Re: Nlng Have Started Contacting by dungar: 12:50pm On May 25, 2007
pls, my fellow landers don't be angry with my posting it just dat i am human and its painfull.
pls 4rgive me for what i posted.
And for gmemdee my advice for is that in life u dont take things like dis personal and start insulting me for my grammatical error, remember the meaning of communication, as far as u can decode the message i passed thu, fine!.
pls respect others so dat u will be respected.
And for those dat made it tru pls i congratulate u all and wish u all d best in ur next stage.
The God dat saw u tru dis stage will equally guide and lead u.
And 4 my statement earlier, i am so sorry, dat was what they told and i was shocked.
so pls let's move forward and 4rget about dat.
Wish everybody d best of luck in life endeavours.

1 Like

Re: Nlng Have Started Contacting by lummy2enny: 1:31pm On May 25, 2007
Hi,
Men i did not make it to d nest stage,but is all good am already working .although is very painful 4 someone to miss LNG job.anyway, congratulation to those that made it and 4 us that didn't, something better is waiting 4 us.
Also u guzs should stop taking things personal.the text is base on state,as in the cut off for each state is different and strictly on merit if only u can meet the cut off for your state.i have a brother that is working there and i saw a memo to this effect.
we are all one
GOD BLESS US
GOD BLESS NAIRALAND
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Nlng Have Started Contacting by gmemdee(m): 5:13pm On May 25, 2007
Advice taken.I'll do my best to refrain from insulting people. Thanks for your nice words.
Re: Nlng Have Started Contacting by thought: 5:50pm On May 25, 2007
dungar, you have shown that you are a true gentleman. I can understand the pains you felt. With the type of spirit you have shown here, I know that by the grace of God, you would get a very good job. That is my prayer for you.

It is only very few people that make a mistake and accept it. Thank you for your courage. Thats is the type of spirit that would move Nigeria forward.

gmemdee, thank you also we need the spirit of oneness here.
Re: Nlng Have Started Contacting by kuwena(m): 5:53pm On May 25, 2007
We are here to cooperate, not to tear at one another. Let's stay friendly.
Re: Nlng Have Started Contacting by Sequoia(m): 5:47pm On May 26, 2007
Congrats to all who made it.

to those who did not, im sure God will surely open windows no, doors of opportunity to you.

keep up the encouragement.
and by the way whats to expect next?
Re: Nlng Have Started Contacting by kenechi22(m): 2:32am On May 27, 2007
Congrats My guy.Its one good step in ur life.God will see u tru smiley
Re: Nlng Have Started Contacting by fredie(f): 3:17pm On May 28, 2007
kwena and sweetjoy,
ifeelsoelatedforu . i,m yet to call and findout my sucess. i'm especially thrilledforyou sweetjoy.
Re: Nlng Have Started Contacting by Nobody: 5:02pm On May 28, 2007
Hello guys it is good to hear that NLNG has decided to break the silence. I haven't summoned enough courage or rather have enough pepper to call them for my own rigth now.
Re: Nlng Have Started Contacting by Nobody: 1:04pm On May 29, 2007
Miketomi this forum is not for "toasters" like you. You better get serious or you will be SANCTIONED.
Re: Nlng Have Started Contacting by wandel(m): 2:51pm On May 29, 2007
Hi everyone,
Has anybody gotten the invitation from LNG; please let me know.
Thanks
Re: Nlng Have Started Contacting by ipaloi(m): 4:09pm On May 31, 2007
all them landers,
I just called them and was told i passed.For those who have not called,just summon courage and call,nothing really dey there.I used 014634115.How does the next stage stage look like?When will they start contacting?longing for responses,
Re: Nlng Have Started Contacting by winie(f): 10:50am On Jun 02, 2007
so thrilled for all of us that made it. i actually have not heard from them cos wvery number i tried asked me to drop a message and they'd get back to me. i have spent a fortune trying to call them, and now i'm just gonna wait for the invitation. kwena, and uleh i will see you in training school. until then
Re: Nlng Have Started Contacting by Miketomi: 3:33pm On Jun 02, 2007
akanawu wrote
Miketomi this forum is not for "toasters" like you. You better get serious or you will be SANCTIONED.
I guess there is a mix-up somewhere

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Medecins Sans Frontieres Job Recruitment / Gtbank Test On 11th Aug / Am Going To Die If I Don;t Get A Job, Please Help A Brother.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.