Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,910 members, 7,973,123 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 09:13 AM

Can You Pay To Break Up With Someone? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Pay To Break Up With Someone? (611 Views)

Hotel Where Perverts Pay To Have Sex With Animals Busted By Police (photos) / PHOTOS: Busted!! Hotel Where You Pay Money To Have Sex With Animals / The Best Way To Break-up With Someone You Are Tired Of? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Pay To Break Up With Someone? by AloyEmeka5: 12:46am On Oct 26, 2010
[size=14pt]Jilted 70-year-old accepts N53,655 refund from 20-year-old lover[/size]

Agency Reporter

Mr. John Davou, the 75-year-old grandfather, who is seeking a refund of N63,655 from Miss Hope Joseph, his estranged 20-year-old lover, has agreed to collect N53,655, the News Agency of Nigeria reports.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/oct/25/809.html

Davou told the Hwolshe Area Court in Jos, Plateau State, at the resumed hearing of the case he filed last week that Joseph's relations had "begged him" to reduce the amount to N53,655.

"Because of their plea, I have agreed to reduce N10,000 from the amount,'' he told the court and added that Joseph's relations were asking for an out-of-court settlement.

Davou, however, said that he would rather collect the money through the court and stressed that he would only accept full payment and not "piecemeal" payment.

The respondent, who had vowed not to refund the money at the first mention of the case on October 13, however, changed her stance on Wednesday as she promised to pay.

She, however, pleaded with her former lover to reduce the money to enable her to pay and also pleaded with the court to allow her to pay N5,000 monthly through the court over 10 months.
Re: Can You Pay To Break Up With Someone? by Osama10(m): 12:49am On Oct 26, 2010
Were they married or just ordinary lovers.
Re: Can You Pay To Break Up With Someone? by Dsense(m): 1:04am On Oct 26, 2010
Can't u read urself. tongue
Re: Can You Pay To Break Up With Someone? by Osama10(m): 1:11am On Oct 26, 2010
D-sense:

Can't u read urself. tongue

No I cant read, please read aloud. cool
Re: Can You Pay To Break Up With Someone? by AloyEmeka5: 5:31pm On Oct 26, 2010
Were they married or just ordinary lovers

It doesn't matter. Are you gonna pay your lover off to break up with him/her?.
Re: Can You Pay To Break Up With Someone? by iice(f): 5:37pm On Oct 26, 2010
No
Re: Can You Pay To Break Up With Someone? by AloyEmeka5: 5:47pm On Oct 26, 2010
iice:

No

What if he is threatening fire and brimstone?. Won't you offer him some change to help him cool temper?
Re: Can You Pay To Break Up With Someone? by Iranoladun(f): 6:09pm On Oct 26, 2010
No thats blackmail unless it is in regard to divorce case order by the court
Re: Can You Pay To Break Up With Someone? by AloyEmeka5: 6:35pm On Oct 26, 2010
Iranoladun:

No thats blackmail unless it is in regard to divorce case order by the court

No, it's not blackmail.
Re: Can You Pay To Break Up With Someone? by hackney(m): 8:58pm On Oct 26, 2010
I know of a guy that came back from germany, saw a sexy girl he liked,
and paid off some young teacher who had been taking care of her.

They actually sat down and calculated the school fees, maintenance etc over the years.

The guy dropped mad cheddar (like, mad greens) and took the girl away to frankfurt.
They married and have kids now.
This happened in a village in owerri L.G.A

I think the teacher built a small house and opened a provisions store.

I guess the girl was waiting for someone better.
undecided
Re: Can You Pay To Break Up With Someone? by GL(f): 10:43pm On Oct 26, 2010
lol @ 53,655. grin what's d 55 naira for? they should have just rounded it up to 54k. and it's such a miserly amount of money to go to court over, how much (if any) would be left after he pays legal fees.

@ topic,

no i can't.
Re: Can You Pay To Break Up With Someone? by iice(f): 2:09pm On Oct 27, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

What if he is threatening fire and brimstone?. Won't you offer him some change to help him cool temper?

No
Re: Can You Pay To Break Up With Someone? by AloyEmeka5: 8:21pm On Oct 27, 2010
iice:

No

You must be very hard and stingy. Pay off can be nice o especially if he is a low life.
Re: Can You Pay To Break Up With Someone? by CorkyJoe: 7:34am On Oct 28, 2010
yes I pay for punny, but I get student discount, always! wink
Re: Can You Pay To Break Up With Someone? by iice(f): 9:11am On Oct 28, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

You must be very hard and stingy. Pay off can be nice o especially if he is a low life.

Yes i'm stingy and hard. Rofl naijans cheesy

(1) (Reply)

How Often Do You Call Your Soulmate? / Where Will You Treat Your Boo This Xmas? / Dating & Christmas Invites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.