Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,223 members, 7,880,838 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:53 AM

FBI Wanted List: Yahoo boys flee Nigeria to The Gambia, S/Africa, Ghana, Dubai - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / FBI Wanted List: Yahoo boys flee Nigeria to The Gambia, S/Africa, Ghana, Dubai (49412 Views)

Osondu Victor Igwilo: US Reacts To Arrest Of Fraudster On FBI Wanted List / Fbi-wanted Scammer Emmanuel Adedeji Oluwatosin Forfeits House, Cars, Jailed / Emmanuel Adedeji Oluwatosin: EFCC Arrests FBI-Wanted Suspect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FBI Wanted List: Yahoo boys flee Nigeria to The Gambia, S/Africa, Ghana, Dubai by STARGREEN(m): 12:44pm On Aug 31, 2019
Joshmodest:
Sadly our youths have seen fraud as the oil market for the young , the only means to amass wealth .
Inasmuch as many may not agree with me on this , but I dont blame them a bit , the govt has got all the share of the blame , as a youth 19 or 20 , education is the last source of becoming wealthy , there is no job anywhere , even the lifeless man at the hem of affairs , has made it clear a certificate is not a meal ticket !!!
For a child who is born into an average family , who lacks the talent to do music , play soccer or Act movies , what else is the hope for being successful for such a child except Internet fraud !!!
See justification! Please who so ever believe in good and work must make it with or without the government intervention.

1 Like

Re: FBI Wanted List: Yahoo boys flee Nigeria to The Gambia, S/Africa, Ghana, Dubai by opebiboy: 12:51pm On Aug 31, 2019
STARGREEN:

See justification! Please who so ever believe in good and work must make it with or without the government intervention.
when are you lots gonna open your eyes and see the world was built on corruption and there is no legit way to making money? Because money itself is the biggest scam created by the biggest thieves to keep the populace desperate

1 Like

Re: FBI Wanted List: Yahoo boys flee Nigeria to The Gambia, S/Africa, Ghana, Dubai by Omudia11: 1:01pm On Aug 31, 2019
Stop quoting me in your stupidity. I don't wanna lose more brain cells conversing with a dullard like you. [s]
Joshmodest:

Your foolish point would have made more sense , if I said the only hope for aspiring to be successful youths in a failed economy like Nigeria is " armed robbery ".
Making mention of "robbed at gunpoint " , when the issue on ground is internet fraud , announces the fact that you are impaired mentally .
You should have made an analogy with boko Haram , since it's crime as well !
Daddy Mugu !!!
[/s]
Re: FBI Wanted List: Yahoo boys flee Nigeria to The Gambia, S/Africa, Ghana, Dubai by cookingsoul(m): 1:11pm On Aug 31, 2019
dem full for alaba nd tradefair com get dem ooh Igbos internationalcriminals.

Re: FBI Wanted List: Yahoo boys flee Nigeria to The Gambia, S/Africa, Ghana, Dubai by airbrush: 1:29pm On Aug 31, 2019
fergie001:

Days after the Economic Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, vowed to fish out Nigerians indicted in the recent United States wire scam, Saturday Sun has learnt that most of the young men with questionable source of living are currently on the run. While many have gone underground, those with the means have fled to some West African nations and even beyond the sub-region to evade arrest.

On August 22 , a 252-count federal grand jury indictment charged 77 Nigerians for alleged involvement in a massive conspiracy to steal millions of dollars through a variety of fraud schemes and launder same through a Los Angeles-based money laundering network uncovered by the FBI.

The indictment alleges that the defendants and others used various online fraud schemes – including business email compromise (BEC) frauds, romance scams, and schemes targeting the elderly – to defraud victims out of millions of dollars.

While two defendants were already in federal custody on other charges, a few others were arrested last week, with the remaining suspects believed to be abroad, most of them located in Nigeria. The Nigerian government has however promised to assist FBI in extraditing those indicted.

Saturday Sun gathered that several big-time ‘Yahoo boys’ operating in Nigeria have since fled the country for fear that the FBI-backed EFCC investigation might affect them. They were said to have moved to neighbouring West African countries, especially Ghana and Gambia. Others are in South Africa while those who still have clean records have chosen to stay in Dubai till further notice.

Celebrity nightclubs worst hit

Worst hit by the decision of the ‘Yahoo boys’ to go underground are some of the celebrity night clubs in Lagos, Abuja and Owerri in Imo State which are usually filled with young men ready to spend millions in a night. These are safe havens for some of these fraudsters who are willing to spend more than a million naira on a bottle of wine.

Lamenting the low patronage, an attendant in a top nightclub in Victoria Island who spoke with Saturday Sun lamented that sales has fallen since the FBI-EFCC manhunt began last week. “Before the news broke, we used to make at least N5million every Friday night. Last Friday was the worst since this club was established. We could barely make up to N500, 000. There is panic everywhere; we need these Yahoo boys who spend money carelessly. The same thing happened to our club in Owerri, everyone has gone into hiding. It’s even worse over there because majority of our customers are visitors who stormed Owerri for the weekend.”

Why we have gone underground

One of the suspected fraudsters popularly known as Big Daddy who insists that he has since retired told Saturday Sun that he decided to run to Dubai in case someone mistakenly mentioned his name. “It’s Obiwanne Okeke’s fault that things went bad for everybody. As soon as they caught him, he started running his mouth and he overdid it. What others were doing is to allow them to investigate your matter and then the rest will help you from outside. They would have contributed money and hire the best lawyer that will help free him or at worst reduce his sentence. So many of us now stuck in Nigeria have been arrested before and endured it till we were deported. Your resources will be protected. The truth is that America cannot jail you if they do not have concrete evidence against you and most importantly the quality of the lawyer that is helping out is very important. With the current situation that guys are in over there, no one is willing to help.”

On why he fled the country, Big Daddy said, “I was not involved in any of the issues they raised but I am an Imo boy and I know so many of them. We have done deals in the past and anything can happen. These boys out of desperation can mention anyone’s name. It’s better to stay away and monitor things from afar. I have a clean record that is why I decided to go to Dubai.”

An ex-convict, Okechukwu Madu who was recently deported to Nigeria after serving five years jail term in UK over internet fraud said that EFCC will take advantage of the FBI alert to arrest small-time players. “In Nigeria, if you know your game, EFCC will not arrest you. We have gotten information on the people that they are looking for and most of them are out already. If you hear that they caught anyone, it must be these small-time players. The big boys are the investors and most of them are spread across African countries; all they need is a computer and link to their accomplices.

“I am not afraid because I have served my term in UK before they deported me. Some of us were lucky that we invested in the country, which is why despite all the money that they took from us, we can still survive in this country. In fact, Nigerian government should be happy that we bring this money back to Nigeria, unlike some of them who prefer to buy houses and deposit our money in foreign countries. This matter will surely end one day, the secret is to try not to be caught.”

Another suspected fraudster based in Kenya, Cosmos Gee lamented that since the news broke last week, some of his friends have been unreachable. “My brother who stays in Germany told me that they are actually hiding, the town is hot for them. There is also panic in other African countries like Kenya, this is because some of these Nigerian men travelled with Kenyan passport. Kenyan government is not strict on Nigerians who come over there and seek to become citizens of the country.”

We’re on their trail – EFCC

Reacting to the development, a top official of EFCC said, “We’re on their trail. We’ve increased surveillance at all the country’s borders and have enlisted Interpol’s service. We will get these fraudsters and Yahoo boys because we have deployed different technologies. Abuja and Lagos are under heavy surveillance.

“We’re also in the South South because we believe anywhere you have higher institutions is a natural hub for Yahoo business. We’ve spread dragnets everywhere. The entire country is under surveillance. Raids are coming, but they would be covert. If they like, they should run to anywhere in the world, in due course, we will get them.”

Also speaking, EFCC spokesman, Wilson Uwujaren said, “the Commission is not aware of any escape of suspected fraudsters from the country. The EFCC more than ever before is resolute in its determination to wipe out all vestiges of scam, be they advance fee fraud or cyber crime. The Commission has the capacity to track and smoke out any Internet fraudster within Nigeria’s borders. We also have partnerships with international law enforcement organisations including the Interpol. Escape from Nigeria is no guarantee of freedom from justice.”

A suspected internet fraudster wanted by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) was recently arrested by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and paraded in Ilorin, the Kwara State capital.

Sharu Isyaku, EFCC zonal head in Kwara, told reporters “the 36 years old suspect had benefitted about N60 million from the loot via Western Union transfer.”

He said: “Just last three weeks, the US authority had written to us for assistance in tracking and possible arrest and prosecution of two most wanted FBI suspects in Nigeria. The commission accedes to their request. The commission has been supportive of the activities of the FBI and every other foreign counterpart whose responsibility is similar or analogous to ours. ”

He further revealed that the commission had traced four properties linked to some cybercrime suspects in choice areas to Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State.

The properties include a supermarket and plaza put in the region of between N800 million to one billion Naira. “Within seven months of our operation, the Ilorin zonal office has independently arrested over 58 suspected internet fraudsters, secured conviction of 25 and got forfeiture of their exotic cars and money running into millions of Naira to the Federal Government,” he said.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/fbi-wanted-list-yahoo-boys-flee-nigeria-to-dubai-ghana-gambia-safrica/

stop read at 'all the investor need is a laptop and a connection please investors free narialand advise! you are on a network which is called the internet. for your messages to go point A to Point B please you go pass people system and i can tell you if oyibo want to take you serious .you no go have anywhere in the world to hide
Re: FBI Wanted List: Yahoo boys flee Nigeria to The Gambia, S/Africa, Ghana, Dubai by IronGalaxy: 1:43pm On Aug 31, 2019
Any backlash of South Africans will be labelled ", Xenophobia"

3 Likes

Re: FBI Wanted List: Yahoo boys flee Nigeria to The Gambia, S/Africa, Ghana, Dubai by john650(m): 2:31pm On Aug 31, 2019
kuuljay:
Owerri is now very dry
From much of what I've read from several newspaper sources, it sounds like Owerri has been a hotbed of this yahoo yahoo business. The new government there has a lot of work to create new real jobs and replace the lost wages. Na wa for Naija.
Re: FBI Wanted List: Yahoo boys flee Nigeria to The Gambia, S/Africa, Ghana, Dubai by john650(m): 2:34pm On Aug 31, 2019
poweredcom:
Dem don make night life for Lagos dull

Clubs node full again

All men now nna Uber Dem de board haha Dem no de use Dem gwagon
Even their slay queen girlfriend's don dey feel the pain. Money don dry up. It's called trickle down economics.

1 Like

Re: FBI Wanted List: Yahoo boys flee Nigeria to The Gambia, S/Africa, Ghana, Dubai by bakescos01: 3:02pm On Aug 31, 2019
My fellow Nigerian's, be you Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa we are all one. Don't let his people continue to push the least most important things for us to worry about. Internet fraud is not among the major problem we are facing currently in Nigeria. People are being kidnapped day in day out. Kids are being kidnapped, bishop's being killed and burnt, a corrupt politician with 30 count charge walk freely without not being convicted with just one of the charges brought against him. And these people are just pushing frauds for us to talk about. No one is doing investigative journalism to really know what the RUGA project is really about. I see Yoruba's and Igbo fighting on this forum and keep abusing each other and we both are just victim of the same people. What they want is for us to continue to disagree and soon as we are doing that they are winning. Don't let these people win over us. Let's unite and fight the common problem and stop chasing on the least most important problem we are facing. God bless Nigerian youth and God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria. AMEN!!!

2 Likes

Re: FBI Wanted List: Yahoo boys flee Nigeria to The Gambia, S/Africa, Ghana, Dubai by Gerrard59(m): 3:33pm On Aug 31, 2019
Joshmodest:
Sadly our youths have seen fraud as the oil market for the young , the only means to amass wealth .
Inasmuch as many may not agree with me on this , but I dont blame them a bit , the govt has got all the share of the blame , as a youth 19 or 20 , education is the last source of becoming wealthy , there is no job anywhere , even the lifeless man at the hem of affairs , has made it clear a certificate is not a meal ticket !!!
For a child who is born into an average family , who lacks the talent to do music , play soccer or Act movies , what else is the hope for being successful for such a child except Internet fraud!!!

The child should go into coding (there are many coding bootcamps these days across Nigeria with the majority leading to a well paying job after graduation) and not make stoopid excuses to commit crimes! If otherwise, they should be arrested, persecuted, convicted and locked up with the keys thrown into Lagos lagoon!

1 Like

Re: FBI Wanted List: Yahoo boys flee Nigeria to The Gambia, S/Africa, Ghana, Dubai by Gerrard59(m): 3:37pm On Aug 31, 2019
nicepoker101:
So the only way out for a child born into an average Nigerian home is crime. You need serious beatings grin

grin

You can imagine the reasoning behind that comment?! So the folks who chose legitimate routes to climb the success ladder made a bad decision? The supporters of yahoo yahoo reason like cretinous fvcktards, which they are anyway.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FBI Wanted List: Yahoo boys flee Nigeria to The Gambia, S/Africa, Ghana, Dubai by eobianke(m): 3:41pm On Aug 31, 2019
Gerrard59:

The child should go into coding (there are many coding bootcamps these days across Nigeria with the majority leading to a well paying job after graduation) and not make stoopid excuses to commit crimes! If otherwise, they should be arrested, persecuted, convicted and locked up with the keys thrown into Lagos lagoon!

Nice One but pls is there any coding bootcamp around AGBOR DELTA STATE. I need to enrol badly.
Re: FBI Wanted List: Yahoo boys flee Nigeria to The Gambia, S/Africa, Ghana, Dubai by Gerrard59(m): 3:52pm On Aug 31, 2019
eobianke:

Nice One but pls is there any coding bootcamp around AGBOR DELTA STATE. I need to enrol badly.

I cannot think of any. You might have to check Asaba, Onitsha and environs. Or start learning online to a considerable level then try other locations where bootcamps are numerous.

1 Like

Re: FBI Wanted List: Yahoo boys flee Nigeria to The Gambia, S/Africa, Ghana, Dubai by opebiboy: 3:54pm On Aug 31, 2019
Gerrard59:

grin

You can imagine the reasoning behind that comment?! So the folks who chose legitimate routes to climb the success ladder made a bad decision? The supporters of yahoo yahoo reason like cretinous fvcktards, which they are anyway.
you folks are filled with hate. Yahoo is just one vice used in stealing. There are trillion ways people steal. Go do something with your miserable life because even as we speak boys are still cashing out. Nothing can stop it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FBI Wanted List: Yahoo boys flee Nigeria to The Gambia, S/Africa, Ghana, Dubai by 989900: 4:06pm On Aug 31, 2019
Treating symptoms in-lieu of causes.

1 Like

Re: FBI Wanted List: Yahoo boys flee Nigeria to The Gambia, S/Africa, Ghana, Dubai by Nanatrendy(f): 4:06pm On Aug 31, 2019
ruggedtimi:
those it mean majority of the ballers in nigeria are g boys..Thats sad for the economic. I still believe ghanaians should also be on FBI wanted list. Out of 5 ghanaian youths 4 are into internet fraud
and you'd find 4 of those so called ghanaian youth to be nigerians. Don't worry once we get on the FBI list we will chase them back to nigeria, you can't be chasing your criminals out to go and tarnish the image of others.

1 Like

Re: FBI Wanted List: Yahoo boys flee Nigeria to The Gambia, S/Africa, Ghana, Dubai by zabuur: 4:30pm On Aug 31, 2019
Joshmodest:
For a child who is born into an average family , who lacks the talent to do music , play soccer or Act movies , what else is the hope for being successful for such a child except Internet fraud !!!

As good as your comprehension, I am amazed with your reasoning. In other words, fraud should be a means
Re: FBI Wanted List: Yahoo boys flee Nigeria to The Gambia, S/Africa, Ghana, Dubai by opebiboy: 4:41pm On Aug 31, 2019
zabuur:

As good as your comprehension, I am amazed with your reasoning. In other words, fraud should be a means
inflating price and cheating people in business should be a means? I am amazed with your reasoning. Everybody is a thief so shut da fvck up and face your life

1 Like

Re: FBI Wanted List: Yahoo boys flee Nigeria to The Gambia, S/Africa, Ghana, Dubai by Gerrard59(m): 6:19pm On Aug 31, 2019
opebiboy:
you folks are filled with hate. Yahoo is just one vice used in stealing. There are trillion ways people steal. Go do something with your miserable life because even as we speak boys are still cashing out. Nothing can stop it

So because there are other crimes, then yahoo yahoo should not be condemned? shocked I'm elated the FBI is on you and your ilks' case.

One more thing: don't use the word "miserable" on everyone. I'm the last person you will tag miserable using whatever standards you like. And oh, I hate thieves!

4 Likes

Re: FBI Wanted List: Yahoo boys flee Nigeria to The Gambia, S/Africa, Ghana, Dubai by collab: 6:30pm On Aug 31, 2019
;Lol shocked

Wiifesnatcher:
congrats to hustlers. you can now have rest of your mind with ya girls. the money these Yahoo guys spend on ladies, if spend on married ladies she go misbehave sef

Re: FBI Wanted List: Yahoo boys flee Nigeria to The Gambia, S/Africa, Ghana, Dubai by tck2000(m): 6:58pm On Aug 31, 2019
Omudia11:
In the same vein if someone were to Rob and kill your loved ones at gunpoint I hope you won't blame them too because it's apparently Buhari's fault there are no jobs
Epic Reply
Re: FBI Wanted List: Yahoo boys flee Nigeria to The Gambia, S/Africa, Ghana, Dubai by poweredcom(m): 7:16pm On Aug 31, 2019
john650:

Even their slay queen girlfriend's don dey feel the pain. Money don dry up. It's called trickle down economics.

I de tell you

All clubs now de feel am oo no more bottle popping anyhow because you don't know who is the snitch

My G friend based in SA say Dem de fear to come naija say Dem hear say na Uber boys de take now and na strip clubs guys de like go now go ball cos it's coded and we'll secured more Dan regular clubs

2 Likes

Re: FBI Wanted List: Yahoo boys flee Nigeria to The Gambia, S/Africa, Ghana, Dubai by ruggedtimi(m): 7:25pm On Aug 31, 2019
Nanatrendy:
and you'd find 4 of those so called ghanaian youth to be nigerians. Don't worry once we get on the FBI list we will chase them back to nigeria, you can't be chasing your criminals out to go and tarnish the image of others.
ghanaian na baba for cyber fraud. Only in ghana i see 24hrs cyber cafe
Re: FBI Wanted List: Yahoo boys flee Nigeria to The Gambia, S/Africa, Ghana, Dubai by engrchykae(m): 10:05pm On Aug 31, 2019
UncleJudax:

You already know. Get to work and be the next China.
we have the potential to like Taiwan at least.
Aba and Nnewi can help us become like Taiwan but this wicked system will not permit growth in Nigeria.
imagine a system that will arrest concerned citizens who dared to repair their own roads in abia state.

1 Like

Re: FBI Wanted List: Yahoo boys flee Nigeria to The Gambia, S/Africa, Ghana, Dubai by UncleJudax(m): 10:22pm On Aug 31, 2019
engrchykae:
we have the potential to like Taiwan at least.
Aba and Nnewi can help us become like Taiwan but this wicked system will not permit growth in Nigeria.
imagine a system that will arrest concerned citizens who dared to repair their own roads in abia state.
The ptential is not in doubt but it has been that way for far too long...and may never change.

ABA and Nnewi can also modernize and become a force if the leadership, especially in the East improves. The Governors have no plans.

Your best bet, vote in people who believe in these projects or potential it shall remain
Re: FBI Wanted List: Yahoo boys flee Nigeria to The Gambia, S/Africa, Ghana, Dubai by engrchykae(m): 10:28pm On Aug 31, 2019
UncleJudax:

The ptential is not in doubt but it has been that way for far too long...and may never change.

ABA and Nnewi can also modernize and become a force if the leadership, especially in the East improves. The Governors have no plans.

Your best bet, vote in people who believe in these projects or potential it shall remain
how can the people select their leader when they will tell you how the party is supreme?
what the party chose,the people must endorse aka vote

1 Like

Re: FBI Wanted List: Yahoo boys flee Nigeria to The Gambia, S/Africa, Ghana, Dubai by UncleJudax(m): 11:00pm On Aug 31, 2019
engrchykae:
how can the people select their leader when they will tell you how the party is supreme?
what the party chose,the people must endorse aka vote
Yes and no. Yes the politicians manipulate the process...but every other place that votes count, the people ensured they do. The politicians have to be shown how it is done, cos they like how it is at the moment.

Alternatively, float a Biafra Party, recruit younger generational politicians with track records, mobilise and retire the oldies.

There are more young people voting, why not we leverage that.
Re: FBI Wanted List: Yahoo boys flee Nigeria to The Gambia, S/Africa, Ghana, Dubai by engrchykae(m): 11:13pm On Aug 31, 2019
UncleJudax:

Yes and no. Yes the politicians manipulate the process...but every other place that votes count, the people ensured they do. The politicians have to be shown how it is done, cos they like how it is at the moment.

Alternatively, float a Biafra Party, recruit younger generational politicians with track records, mobilise and retire the oldies.

There are more young people voting, why not we leverage that.
i agree with you on a political solution by the youths engaging in politics and retiring the old men.
at least we shall have political control on a regional basis at least.
Re: FBI Wanted List: Yahoo boys flee Nigeria to The Gambia, S/Africa, Ghana, Dubai by Dshocker(m): 10:22am On Sep 01, 2019
Club cubana and Quilox
Re: FBI Wanted List: Yahoo boys flee Nigeria to The Gambia, S/Africa, Ghana, Dubai by ItsMeAboki(m): 5:34pm On Sep 01, 2019
FLASH!
Ohaneze Ndi Igbo
Rejects FBI indictment of 77 Nigerians.
Says the List did NOT Reflect FEDERAL Character. grin grin grin

Abeg, make una no vex, na joke oO! cheesy cheesy
Re: FBI Wanted List: Yahoo boys flee Nigeria to The Gambia, S/Africa, Ghana, Dubai by tck2000(m): 11:04am On Sep 28, 2019
Hmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Flogs His Staff For Exhausting Data Subscription Watching Porn / Policeman Kills A Man In Imo State,Then Gets Lynched By Mob(Graphic Photos) / Two Boys Caught With Pants In Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.