Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,986 members, 7,973,402 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 03:54 PM

The Twisted Mind Of A Young Man On Single Parents. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Twisted Mind Of A Young Man On Single Parents. (285 Views)

Lady Who Met Man On Facebook Visits Him, Refuses To Go Back Home. See Reactions / Lady Receives Sexually Explicit Message From Man On Twitter, Cries Out (Photos) / Different Ladies Express Love For Man On His Birthday. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Twisted Mind Of A Young Man On Single Parents. by MURITADOM1(m): 1:40am On Sep 01, 2019
Sin, has at its root both pride and selfishness. The wrong and twisted mindset of many today about single parents is the result of pride at its peak in the heart of many. Many think that because a person is a single parent it means they have lost all value, respect, honour and worth as humans. Our mindset is so whacked that many have a mindset that they can’t marry single parents, particularly, single mothers; simply because they have a kid(s) already. Some think that because life didn’t box them into the corner of being single parents, they are better than those who are. They think, that those who probably aborted their unborn child(ren) are more honourable and deserve more respect than those who were brave enough to damn the shame of keeping their child(ren).

This issue isn’t really so much about the the fact that a person is a single parent. It’s about the fact that single parenthood has been associated with a level of stigma that many would rather choose the way of abortion than have a courageous and God-fearing heart that wants to protect a life(foetus) that you didn’t and can’t create. I am one person who respect and honour people, irrespective of their status or life’s situation. And as such, I celebrate every single parent who were so bold and courageous enough to protect and keep the life God created through them, even though they could have sin in so doing. Read this and let it sink!: “God can bring out great and awesome things(children in this instance) from seemly bad things (sexual sins). He is God, we can’t question Him about why he didn’t stop good things from coming out of seemly bad things!”

Let me say that the inspiration behind this write up is a single mother, who is a friend. I’m writing this because she shared with me about her conversation with a young man whom seem to be interested in her and they were going out, knowing quite well that she has a daughter, even though she hasn’t been married before. The narrative changed when he(this guy in question) wasn’t getting from her again the benefits he was used to getting. And this resulted in change in his attitude towards her. The annoying thing this about this is that, this young man began to use the Bible, which I am sure he doesn’t understand to put a message across to her, and the summary of that message is this: The Bible is against marrying someone who is a single mother/father or divorced.

Before you get angry about this like I did, let me show you the verses of the Bible he was sharing with my dear friend, who is a single mother that made him think that the Bible is against a person marrying a single mother/father. I’m tempted to ask these questions: who is the teacher of such a young man? Does he really have a teacher? Who is teaching people like this man lies about God and his nature? How can a young man in this 21st century be this backward in his thinking? May God deliver us from devilish ignorance in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Let’s take a look at the passages of the Bible this young was quoting to my friend, so we see the stupidity of some and their lack of understanding of scriptures, twisting it to suit their desires and lust. Below are the passages. Read them, and asking yourself, what do these passage mean? Do they forbid a person marrying a single mother/father? All these passages are from The Message Bible version of the Bible(MSG).

Deut.22.28 – When a man comes upon a virgin who has never been engaged and grabs and rapes her and they are found out,
Deut.22.29 – the man who raped her has to give her father fifty pieces of silver. He has to marry her because he took advantage of her. And he can never divorce her.

Exod.22.16 – “If a man seduces a virgin who is not engaged to be married and sleeps with her, he must pay the marriage price and marry her.
Exod.22.17 – If her father absolutely refuses to give her away, the man must still pay the marriage price for virgins.

Gen.34.12 – Set the bridal price as high as you will–the sky’s the limit! Only give me this girl for my wife.”

Luke.16.18 – Using the legalities of divorce as a cover for lust is adultery; Using the legalities of marriage as a cover for lust is adultery.

Rom.7.2 – For instance, a wife is legally tied to her husband while he lives, but if he dies, she’s free.

So, what can you see from the above passages anything that suggested that you can’t marry a single parent? No wonder it is said, anything you seek in the Bible you would find. Even if you want to justify a sin you are committing, you can always find a text to support it. The reason is because, your twisted mind would sometimes make you to twist scriptures to suit yourself. This is so true, as seen in the case of this young man with a wrong mindset which isn’t renewed by God’s word. That is why Jesus said, “the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life” (John 6:63). That young man is ‘dead’! The letter has killed him.

In conclusion, it is important you recognise the fact that, no man/woman truly desire to be a single parent. Circumstances of life happens to everyone. As much is it’s a consequence of their actions and choice that made them single parents in many instances, that doesn’t make them less than you who probably have probably aborted before, have friends who have aborted( who you still honour and respect) or you who is constantly taking drugs or encouraging someone to in other to avoid pregnancy, even as an unmarried person. We must respect and honour people, no at matter what life has thrown at them. Because really, we are all bunch of sinners whom Christ the Lord came to seek and to save. If a man is in Christ, he is a new creature. Glory to God!

Do well to share your thoughts on this. Kindly leave a comment at the comment section.

Source: www.muritalabello.com.ng
Re: The Twisted Mind Of A Young Man On Single Parents. by Charleys: 4:26am On Sep 01, 2019
It's not single parenting that's the problem. It's not allowing your kids to have access to the the father or mother that's the problem.

(1) (Reply)

Whatsapp Trick To Reveal The Exact Number Of Texts You've Sent To Anyone / GUYS SEE: ‘how Runs Girls Can Make Nigeria Better’ – Etinosa Idemudia Writes / Don Jazzy Reveal He Want To Marry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.