Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,646 members, 7,878,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:48 AM

My Story About Malaysia. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Story About Malaysia. (21188 Views)

How I Was Saved From An Accident Yesterday!...my Story! / Nigerians Protesting Right Now In Malaysia / Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Story About Malaysia. by fris(m): 3:06pm On Oct 26, 2010
I am presently in Malaysia.I will post pics next week monday when i return to Nigeria.

This is my story.

After reading posts about travelling on this forum and gathering of all informations which really helps you to prepare your mind against anything.

I got my malaysian Visa through a friend. 3 Months of course.
I booked my hotel for 7 days with first night paid with my GTB mastercard.
Got my yellow card.
My BTA/PTA = 1800 $ (As a first time traveller,I end up paying 300$ to nigerian Immigrations at the airport for some sorts of documents and delays which is normal because they will only delay you if you decline.If you are first time travel just have that at the back of your mind.) So i was left with only 1500$ to malaysia.
Booked by return flight ticket through egyptair for 199,506.00 Naira. 4 hours transit in cairo. Free transit for Nigerian P.

After i got to the point of Entry last week saturday at KL airport.I filled an immgration form and you ill be asked to go to one office in same place to verfiy and confirm your yellow card.Mind you as cheap and small a yellow card is.I did mine for 1k naira.They deported a Nigerian because of it and the guy was crying after coming this far.So please for anything don't forget it.

After the lady confirmed my yellow card,I returned to the immigration officer at KL airport.She confirmed all documents.My flight,My hotel and one thing i noticed.She did not ask me how much i have with me because those Nigerian immgration wrote 1700$ cash at hand on my flight ticket.So i think thats what she looked at and looked at my face then she said welcome to Malaysia.I was like ! are you serious,Is that all? I asked the question twice and she nodded her head.I was like.Man am so lucky.

Paid for my hotel one week 500$ and 1000$ converted is 3070 RM ringgit.With this you can shop and shop.Food is a bonus.Will be back to nija this weekend.Still having fun here and please the indians here are desperate.Two have walked up to me for some cash but i declined and i walk with a security now. As side that Malaysia is it. Where i am writing this from is close to the KLCC TOWER at 10pm malaysian time tuesday.

I am a first time traveler and i am happy to have broken that first time traveller hassle with immigrations in Nigeria.Next time 300$ will never.I mean never,I say never go like that.

I will post pics next week after i return to Nija.

Teri Makasi which means Thank you. The only language i have learnt so far.

1 Like

Re: My Story About Malaysia. by omega25red(m): 3:17pm On Oct 26, 2010
cool, your story made me smile love such stories. I can't wait to see your pics hope you have a safe trip back.

p.s i was scared for you when you kept asking the immigration officer if that was it when she said welcome lol and what is that yellow card thing? is it to show immunization?
Re: My Story About Malaysia. by fris(m): 3:23pm On Oct 26, 2010
@omega25red yes it is to show your health status or immunization.It is very important. It is 10:19pm now. I have to go now .Goodnight.
Re: My Story About Malaysia. by justwise(m): 4:11pm On Oct 26, 2010
@fris

I'm happy that u finally made it to Malaysia, and i wish u safe return.
Please can i just disagree with u on one thing? First time traveler don't need to bribe Nigeria immigration officers, yes they will delay you BUT they will NEVER EVER stop you from boarding the flight. I have been there b4, they delayed me untill the public address system starting calling my name. . that the boarding gate will be closing soon, i refused to give in to their $100 demand, even naira change i had on me, believe me, after all the intimidation i was allowed to go. that was more than 10yrs ago.

Don't give in as long as u have all ur papers intact.

3 Likes

Re: My Story About Malaysia. by Vicjustice: 4:21pm On Oct 26, 2010
The benefits of being a genuine tourist. Enjoy your stay, and have a pleasant return trip.
Re: My Story About Malaysia. by suxes2005(m): 4:23pm On Oct 26, 2010
justwise:

@fris

I'm happy that u finally made it to Malaysia, and i wish u safe return.  
Please can i just disagree with u on one thing? First time traveler don't need to bribe Nigeria immigration officers, yes they will delay you BUT they will NEVER EVER stop you from boarding the flight. I have been there b4, they delayed me untill the public address system starting calling my name. . that the boarding gate will be closing soon, i refused to give in to their $100 demand, even naira change i had on me, believe me,  after all the intimidation i was allowed to go. that was  more than 10yrs ago.

Don't give in as long as u have all your papers intact.

Bro 10 yrs ago,

As if i knew someone was going to post this
here before

Justwise, as a first time traveller, the enthutiasm wil b
dia for u to travel nd u r ready to do everythin possible.

The NDLEA officer will ask you for NDLEA cert which some1
here says it cost like 75k.

@OP, post your pix here and i wud like you
do something for me there.

help me collect money from my friend there,
LOL

SHALOM
Re: My Story About Malaysia. by fris(m): 1:26pm On Oct 27, 2010
I just got back for City wide tour round Kuala Lumpur. Alot more pics to be posted soon.Stay put.I noticed something.I was the only black throughout the tour scenes we went even with the crowd it was hard to spot a black like me.Why ?. I understand.

So far Malaysia is it. Too much tourist sites.Genting Theme park, KLCC tower,China tower( Bought 4 confirmed shirts for 170 RM),Sogo,kings's palace,Momument and lots more. Never a doll moment in Kuala lumpur.

No good food here.Been eating only white rice and roasted chiken.Atleast that's the only meal that still has nigerian taste in them.I have tried Thali of india dish,and losts other.But i end up puking in my bathroom.

Over all.Business oppurtunity is in Malaysia.

Tired now.

Bye
Re: My Story About Malaysia. by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 27, 2010
Bring 'em on. Enjoy ur tour jare!
Re: My Story About Malaysia. by omega25red(m): 1:19am On Oct 28, 2010
grin grin grin lol @ throwing up after eating.

poster i wish i was in your shoes i would eat tire i love indian and south east asian foods. if you are going to be a regular traveler you will have problem ooo because most countries dont really like folks bringing food stuff from their country in. Anyway get you some cheese burgers and fries grin
Re: My Story About Malaysia. by Rocktation(f): 1:51pm On Oct 28, 2010
I'm happy for you. Just don't stay too far away from the airport, incase their usual earthquake begins.
Re: My Story About Malaysia. by samoyin(m): 2:36pm On Oct 28, 2010
@fris

thanks for sharing your experience with us.

I also agree with justwise you really dont need to greese any palms since you have all your
documents intact.

Most times first timers are usually kind of UNEASY and it shows on their face while
checking in.

First timers must be Calm, Self Confident And Comported.

Have a pleasant stay and Wish you a pleasant trip back home.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: My Story About Malaysia. by raintree: 2:37pm On Oct 28, 2010
@ Rockstation
I think you've mistaken Malaysia with Indonesia.  We don't have earthquake in Malaysia, so the poster is quite safe here.

@ Poster, if you are not used to exotic flavours, why on earth you wanna try Indian food (LOL), there are plenty of Chinese and western fast food around.  Also, stay away from the Malay food cos they too like their curry with lots of spices and chillies.  Generally, Malaysians tend to prefer strong flavours and like spicy food because of the influence of various races in our society.
Re: My Story About Malaysia. by aieromon(m): 1:50am On Oct 29, 2010
Funny thing OP,you've not said anything about meeting any Nigerian.Are they that bad?
Re: My Story About Malaysia. by Joel3(m): 11:56am On Oct 29, 2010
fris:

I just got back for City wide tour round Kuala Lumpur. Alot more pics to be posted soon.Stay put.I noticed something.I was the only black throughout the tour scenes we went even with the crowd it was hard to spot a black like me.Why ?. I understand.

So far Malaysia is it. Too much tourist sites.Genting Theme park, KLCC tower,China tower( Bought 4 confirmed shirts for 170 RM),Sogo,kings's palace,Momument and lots more. Never a doll moment in Kuala lumpur.

No good food here.Been eating only white rice and roasted chiken.Atleast that's the only meal that still has nigerian taste in them.I have tried Thali of india dish,and losts other.But i end up puking in my bathroom.

Over all.Business oppurtunity is in Malaysia.

Tired now.

Bye

@fris,Over all.Business oppurtunity is in Malaysia. what kind of business oppurtunity? would be very much interesting in know that
Re: My Story About Malaysia. by fris(m): 12:33pm On Oct 29, 2010
@aieromon Nigerians are not everywhere here.Most are students and they jam packed themselves near the school dom etc. But so far only one Nigerian guy i have seen.

@Joel It depends on the area of business. Here i went round KL to study kinds of goods,Price and exhange rate to Nigeria. If you intend to run a boutique in Nigeria and get good quality branded goods.Come to Malaysia.All brands are there.Timberland,Adidas,Nike etc. I compared the price to Nigerian currency and there are always a differency of some 10-20%.They have discounts alot here if you buy more than one.

Also in the area of electronice.Laptops etc.I went to DELL store in a shopping MALL called SOGO to make a survey.There is a laptop which is sold in Nigeria at 75 000 Naira now.which i also use at home.A compaq mini. It is worth here brand new for 1000RM which is 360$ that is 55 000 Naira. So at the rate it is sold in Nigeria.The difference is 20 000 Naira.

So on,I was making comparison like that and found out if you want bulk quantity.Come to Malaysia.Go to the companies direct.You will get it for less with a discount.

So far,I will be leaving Malaysia tomorrow.Think i have over enjoyed my stay.Kind,warm and non racist people.Got alot of friends from here already.I am still the only black in this hotel.All other are indians,nepal,Indonesians, All races.

Also come with money for shopping.I came with one bag and i am leaving with 3 big bags.I don't even know how to carry them.i even had to call home for more money for shopping which made it 2500$ cash i brought here.

You will be tempted when you go to the malls.Too much confirmed stuff.Just hold your body.I tried it but still i must pick one or two stuffs.Also stay away from their phone it is too expensive to call home.I end up paying 1000RM to my hotel for just phone calls.TOO EXPENSIVE. Don't forget that.They allow you make calls then later you will be showed bills and you will be like WTF !!!, It is God that saved me that i did not shop with all my money finish.If not i for wash plate tire men.

Chat from Nigeria soon.

SAFE.

1 Like

Re: My Story About Malaysia. by naijadiva2(f): 3:32pm On Oct 29, 2010
interesting story, glad u enjoyed malaysia! Now i want to go too grin
Re: My Story About Malaysia. by mrman3(m): 6:11pm On Oct 29, 2010
You make me wanna go too. grin I can't wait to see the pictures you have for us
Re: My Story About Malaysia. by raintree: 1:45am On Oct 30, 2010
Ask any travellers and they will tell you it's costly to use the hotel phone. The hotel will charge you at least three times the normal rate. A short call is fine but not when you yarn your way for hours at a time, bearing in mind the international call rate from Malaysia to Nigeria. Try calling from Nigeria to Malaysia and see how much it'll cost you next time. Well, there's always a lesson to learn from each journey we make in life but to pay RM1K for phone calls, now you've stretched to the limit.

A phone SIM card in Malaysia costs RM10 or less. You can then top up $30, $50, $100 or more (a minimum of $10 must be left on credit balance for international calls) and talk and talk your way to Nigeria. E.g. mobile rate for DIGI from Malaysia to Nigeria: RM1.28 per minute.

Have a safe journey home!
Re: My Story About Malaysia. by ceexcel(m): 7:11pm On Oct 31, 2010
Yes! u can say that again,
Malaysia, a nice destination for study,
check it out.
[url=http://[/url]studyabroad-malaysia..com[url=http://]]][/url]studyabroad-malaysia..com[url][/url]
Re: My Story About Malaysia. by fris(m): 10:29pm On Nov 01, 2010
pic1

Re: My Story About Malaysia. by fris(m): 10:31pm On Nov 01, 2010
pic2

Re: My Story About Malaysia. by fris(m): 10:33pm On Nov 01, 2010
pic3

Re: My Story About Malaysia. by fris(m): 10:35pm On Nov 01, 2010
pic4

Re: My Story About Malaysia. by fris(m): 10:37pm On Nov 01, 2010
pic5

Re: My Story About Malaysia. by fris(m): 10:41pm On Nov 01, 2010
pic6

Re: My Story About Malaysia. by fris(m): 11:30pm On Nov 01, 2010
picc

Re: My Story About Malaysia. by fris(m): 11:34pm On Nov 01, 2010
pics

Re: My Story About Malaysia. by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 02, 2010
lol, That picture is close to my house , That picture with statues is called Batu Caives, Indian Temple, It a Tourist center and for Indians, yes indian are very desperate,they berg you for money doesnt mean they cant kill you if you follow there girls.Thank God your only here for tourist not like student like me,I study at Boston Web college in Jalan Insmail KL.10 minute walk to KLCC, If your lucky enough to know Concord hotel ? is opposite my school. The second picture should be SOGO COMPLESK , Well things aren't cheap the way you might think.Only food are very cheap but there are lots of things here. U said u dont see africans?

lol, where you able to Visit SunWay Pyramid at Subang?or Long bar. club? Did you visit Penang? or Kempon? There are lots of africa cousins over there.I stay at Batu calves and i love it here but very dangerous if your a womaniser.hope u enjoyed your stay?
Re: My Story About Malaysia. by fris(m): 11:16am On Nov 02, 2010
@timothy001 Yes i enjoyed my stay there, Yes i saw the concord Hotel but didn't notice the school. I think i bought some gold chain from your area at batu peuter for 590 RM but worth 900RM.

But am back to Nija. Will surely visit Malaysia again.

Re: My Story About Malaysia. by fris(m): 11:18am On Nov 02, 2010
pic9

Re: My Story About Malaysia. by Nobody: 12:05pm On Nov 02, 2010
@fris lol very funny not batu peuter ,But Batlimer near if ur just leaving batu cailves or just coming. Yeah i luv malaysia, because we making bigger $$ here but whenever ur broke, lol, u cant even see gari sock self.Anyway if ur lucky to still be around.I would have taken you to sunway pyramid,where u will see ur Bostwanna Girls with Bigest Ass.and few 9ja girls doing wat they know how to do best. Well there is a Filling station opposite the concord hotel and there is a trracfic light down streem of it if ur planning to go to KLCC.Anyway i got class tomorrow will be going that arena tomorrow,Safe
Re: My Story About Malaysia. by fris(m): 5:10pm On Nov 02, 2010
@timothy001 Wow well next time when am in Malaysia.I will holla you so you can take me around.Would have love to visit the Sunway Pyramid.I've heard about the place.

Safe bro.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do People Survive In Nigeria? / UK Deports 83 Nigerians / Lagos-Ibadan Road’ll Be Completed In 2021 – Julius Berger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.