Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,749 members, 7,875,877 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:28 AM

My BMW Car Refuses To Start. Need Advice. - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / My BMW Car Refuses To Start. Need Advice. (946 Views)

Why My Bmw 323i Goes Into Limp Mode Show Eml Light / Honda, Toyota, Lexus, Benz, BMW Car Footnat Available / Full Review: How I Bought My BMW X5 Through AutoAuctionMall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My BMW Car Refuses To Start. Need Advice. by mcquin(m): 4:00pm On Sep 02, 2019
Good afternoon guys, my BMW 5 series E39 has refused to start. Current flows to the engine and fuel flows down too through the injector.

The car makes a cranking sound like it's about to start but refuses to start. Please I need advise on this as I am not so vast in car issues.

Mods please help me push it so someone out there can see and assist me. Mynd44, lala, Autojosh.
Re: My BMW Car Refuses To Start. Need Advice. by Vivianat(f): 5:21pm On Sep 02, 2019
mcquin:
Good afternoon guys, my BMW 5 series E39 has refused to start. Current flows to the engine and fuel flows down too through the injector.

The car makes a cranking sound like it's about to start but refuses to start. Please I need advise on this as I am not so vast in car issues.

Mods please help me push it so someone out there can see and assist me. Mynd44, lala, Autojosh.

You need only snoobor. Just wait for him.
Meanwhile a car starting needs fuel, spark and air. Are you sure the spark and air components are present?

1 Like

Re: My BMW Car Refuses To Start. Need Advice. by mcquin(m): 5:30pm On Sep 02, 2019
Vivianat:

You need only snoobor. Just wait for him.
Meanwhile a car starting needs fuel, spark and air. Are you sure the spark and air components are present?
Sorry but by "spark," are you talking electrical issues? Current flows appropriately if it's electrical you meant, but if na spark-plug, I changed the spark-plug. About the "air," I'm lost.

Pardon me if I got it all wrong, I'll ppreciate your effort in educating me. And Snoobor, please do well to help me out. Many thanks.
Re: My BMW Car Refuses To Start. Need Advice. by Vivianat(f): 5:43pm On Sep 02, 2019
mcquin:

Sorry but by "spark," are you talking electrical issues? Current flows appropriately if it's electrical you meant, but if na spark-plug, I changed the spark-plug. About the "air," I'm lost.

Pardon me if I got it all wrong, I'll ppreciate your effort in educating me. And Snoobor, please do well to help me out. Many thanks.
By spark I meant the spark plugs must produce spark.... Uboma show here
Re: My BMW Car Refuses To Start. Need Advice. by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:48pm On Sep 02, 2019
Have you checked for codes?
Re: My BMW Car Refuses To Start. Need Advice. by uboma(m): 7:14pm On Sep 02, 2019
mcquin:

Your Kickstarter may be the culprit here.
Re: My BMW Car Refuses To Start. Need Advice. by Raysleek: 7:41pm On Sep 02, 2019
I would have said ecu but first Remove two spark plugs connect the ignition coil to them and crank the engine.. While someone watches.. Check to see it the plug produces spark.
Also have someone check to see if your engine has compression or not a blown gasket due to over heating
Re: My BMW Car Refuses To Start. Need Advice. by uboma(m): 7:48pm On Sep 02, 2019
Raysleek:
I would have said ecu but first Remove two spark plugs connect the ignition coil to them and crank the engine.. While someone watches.. Check to see it the plug produces spark.
Also have someone check to see if your engine has compression or not a blown gasket due to over heating

From what the op described initially, you have given a wrong diagnosis.
Re: My BMW Car Refuses To Start. Need Advice. by Raysleek: 7:52pm On Sep 02, 2019
uboma:

From what the op described initially, you have given a wrong diagnosis.
no vex give the right one.
Current flows to the engine is a vague explanation.. And my response was I would have said... But...
Anyways I am willing to learn from your diagnosis.. Kindly share
Re: My BMW Car Refuses To Start. Need Advice. by patfemy06: 7:56pm On Sep 02, 2019
Check crankshaft sensor
Re: My BMW Car Refuses To Start. Need Advice. by mcquin(m): 8:08pm On Sep 02, 2019
uboma:

Your Kickstarter may be the culprit here.
Thank you my brother but I doubt if it is the kick-started. I was told if it is the kick-started, the kick won't "turn" at all, and there won't be the cranking sound afterall...
Re: My BMW Car Refuses To Start. Need Advice. by mcquin(m): 8:09pm On Sep 02, 2019
tensazangetsu20:
Have you checked for codes?
What do you mean by codes sir? I will be grateful to learn.
Re: My BMW Car Refuses To Start. Need Advice. by mcquin(m): 8:11pm On Sep 02, 2019
Raysleek:
Thank you sir, I won't be surprised if it's gasket ish because the car had over heating issues before. I'm thankful.
Re: My BMW Car Refuses To Start. Need Advice. by mcquin(m): 8:13pm On Sep 02, 2019
patfemy06:
Check crankshaft sensor
Thank you sir. But can crank-shaft issues prevent a car from starting sir? And please where can the sensor be located?
Re: My BMW Car Refuses To Start. Need Advice. by Raysleek: 9:05pm On Sep 02, 2019
mcquin:

Thank you sir, I won't be surprised if it's gasket ish because the car had over heating issues before. I'm thankful.
Then sir I am 50percent your engine has very low or no compression because the gasket must have burnt due to the over heating.. That's why it isn't starting.
Waste no time just look for a compression guage.. Loose any spark plug and fit in the compression gauge into the spark plug port.. One after the other and note the readings on the guage.. Each cylinder should have between 90-100psi compression

Re: My BMW Car Refuses To Start. Need Advice. by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:30pm On Sep 02, 2019
mcquin:

What do you mean by codes sir? I will be grateful to learn.
Diagnostic trouble codes. You can access this with an obd scan tool.
Re: My BMW Car Refuses To Start. Need Advice. by uboma(m): 12:19am On Sep 03, 2019
mcquin:

You didn't say it has overheating issues earlier.
Re: My BMW Car Refuses To Start. Need Advice. by uboma(m): 12:20am On Sep 03, 2019
Raysleek:
no vex give the right one.
Current flows to the engine is a vague explanation.. And my response was I would have said... But...
Anyways I am willing to learn from your diagnosis.. Kindly share

I am sorry. The op did not initially indicate that his E39 has overheating issues.
Re: My BMW Car Refuses To Start. Need Advice. by uboma(m): 12:22am On Sep 03, 2019
mcquin:

If the factory fitted gasket gets burnt or is burnt already, be ready to replace the engine (permanent solution)

1 Like

Re: My BMW Car Refuses To Start. Need Advice. by Vivianat(f): 5:08am On Sep 03, 2019
uboma:

If the factory fitted gasket gets burnt or is burnt already, be ready to replace the engine (permanent solution)
Snoobor kindly take note.

(1) (Reply)

SOLD! Registered But Not Used 2004 Toyota Rav4 4x4 (auto+fabric+4wd+cd+ac) / Toyota Corolla LE 2005 Fairly Used, Buy N Drive @1.3m Onlyyy Location: Abuja Ca / Extremely clean registered Toyota corolla 2010@ Ajah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.