Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,563 members, 7,975,213 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 07:17 PM

Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" (8111 Views)

Zenith Bank Charged Me This For A 5Dollar Transaction *pix Attached**** / Zenith Bank Adopts New Financial Reporting Style For Half-year / Italian Arraigned For Defrauding Zenith Bank Of N717m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by staticlink: 5:30pm On Oct 28, 2010
we all seem to have forgotten the GOLDEN RULES in business

Rule 1: The customer is ALWAYS right.
Rule 2: If the customer is wrong, refer to RULE 1

End of story.
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by tpia5: 6:57pm On Oct 28, 2010
^^that was fifty years ago and no longer applies.

now, the customer can get beaten up if if he misyarns.
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by aieromon(m): 8:26pm On Oct 28, 2010
Lol.So people only consider fraud when its in large figures.

@OP
Berra move your money outta there and don't bother going to UBA.Those phunks deduct money even when there is no activity in your account.
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by jarkbauer: 8:46pm On Oct 28, 2010
Bloejoey:

@poster,
Zenith Bank has one of the best customer service practices in the country. In addition to that, Zenith Bank is one of the top 3 banks in Nigeria. This feat was not achieved by Deducting 200 naira from your account, just so you know. Zenith bank identified their unique selling point and thats why they emphasize high net worth individuals and nt people like u who complain abt a 200 naira deduction. Besides its a standard practice among other banks too and this charges are not hidden, you could write the Branch Manager to waive the charges if your account has volume of transactions and quit coming to NL to complain on a one off transaction. How do you think they pay staff salaries, maintain office buildings, service equipments, have real time access and continue to maintain high standards?
you are big fool!!
200 naira is small abi? go and steal 200 in oshodi and see wht happens besides 200 in 1000000 places is 200 million
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 28, 2010
Are the charges not printed in the terms and condition of the account?, if they were included in the T&C, then the OP has no case. And I have never heard of a retail bank for High networth individuals only undecided, customers should be treated fairly. Responsible retail banks have different bank account types that suits the individuals lifestyle. You could go for an ordinary current account with no fee or for a privileged current account with fees, much depends on your lifestyle.
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by Eseaba: 10:26pm On Oct 28, 2010
Nigeria is truely a wonderful country. People can say whatever they want to say. Just because of charges of N200.00 for Up country transfers, Nigerians are shouting. We pay tax to government and our roads are dead traps, nobody is shouting. Elections are rigged and unpopular candidate declared winner nobody shouted.

But a just for a bank to charge N200.00, someone is crying. Such charges is not perculiar to one bank or Nigeria, all over the world banks charge for various services.

I will advise the poster to accept this charge as legitimate as CBN should have approved of it before banks can charge their customers. If you doubt it, then escalate this to CBN, EFCC and the likes.

Also, the marketer is not monopoly. You are at liberty to choose your banker where you think you will get everything for free. Please be wise!
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by mrofficial(m): 1:09am On Oct 29, 2010
^^^ So are you now saying we should not shout over 200 naira? until it gets to 5000 naira abi?
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by Obijulius: 3:59am On Oct 29, 2010
Eseaba:

Nigeria is truely a wonderful country. People can say whatever they want to say. Just because of charges of N200.00 for Up country transfers, Nigerians are shouting. We pay tax to government and our roads are dead traps, nobody is shouting. Elections are rigged and unpopular candidate declared winner nobody shouted.

But a just for a bank to charge N200.00, someone is crying. Such charges is not perculiar to one bank or Nigeria, all over the world banks charge for various services.

I will advise the poster to accept this charge as legitimate as CBN should have approved of it before banks can charge their customers. If you doubt it, then escalate this to CBN, EFCC and the likes.

Also, the marketer is not monopoly. You are at liberty to choose your banker where you think you will get everything for free. Please be wise!

wetin dis 1 dey talk-typical half-baked banker (can even guess ur employa frm this & oda posts)
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by danidon: 4:45am On Oct 29, 2010
I can see the level of ignorance in many Nigerians. I guess some of these posters ae from a cybercafe where they have paid to post nonsense without any value being received. Some even forgot that they paid something before sending these posts. When it comes to a bank, it becomes fraudlent and all sorts of names.

Anyway, most of these guys are strugglers so there is no need joining issues with them. For your infor, CBN has re-licensed more microfinance banks and I believe that is where all these complainants belong.

Nonsense. For your information, the real banks in Nigeria do not need people like you there. i believe your account was opened by default because I doubt if you really meet the required account opening status in Zenith.

Ask people in UK, how much they pay to watch a Premiership match. Even here in Naija, these posters pay to viewing centres to watch premiership. If you feel the amount is much, go to a playground under the bridge and watch people play. Afterall, football na football.

A
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by morzook(m): 6:44am On Oct 29, 2010
^^^^ of what relevance is your post to the topic?

danidon:

I can see the level of ignorance in many Nigerians. [b]I guess some of these posters ae from a cybercafe[/b] where they have paid to post nonsense without any value being received. Some even forgot that they paid something before sending these posts. When it comes to a bank, it becomes fraudlent and all sorts of names.

[b]Anyway, most of these guys are strugglers [/b]so there is no need joining issues with them. For your infor, CBN has re-licensed more microfinance banks and I believe that is where all these complainants belong.

Nonsense. For your information, the real banks in Nigeria do not need people like you there. i believe your account was opened by default because I doubt if you really meet the required account opening status in Zenith.

Ask people in UK, how much they pay to watch a Premiership match. Even here in Naija,[b] these posters pay to viewing centres to watch premiership. If you feel the amount is much, go to a playground under the bridge and watch people play[/b]. Afterall, football na football.

A

kini gbogbo eleyi?
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by jeryl: 8:42am On Oct 29, 2010
People talk out of ignorance and its very very sad. Its not just N200.00, it can be higher depending on the amount you recieved. banks make money from having your money, so why should they also charge you for keeping money with them even in a savings a/c without even informing you. I dont want this to stop here. I am not against them charging other forms of regular bank charge, but this particular charge is highly unethical. No matter how some fools and cowards here might want to shut this out, pls those of you who support this, i want us to take it to the next level. To facebook, twitter, sahara reporters. Most times you dont win a battle by arms but by media.
Please keep writing until this stops!
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by tainot2002(m): 10:25am On Oct 29, 2010
jeryl:

People talk out of ignorance and its very very sad. Its not just N200.00, it can be higher depending on the amount you recieved. banks make money from having your money, so why should they also charge you for keeping money with them even in a savings a/c without even informing you. I dont want this to stop here. I am not against them charging other forms of regular bank charge, but this particular charge is highly unethical. No matter how some fools and cowards here might want to shut this out, pls those of you who support this, i want us to take it to the next level. To facebook, twitter, sahara reporters. Most times you dont win a battle by arms but by media.
Please keep writing until this stops!

GBAM!!!! WELL SAID
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by nadneth: 11:21am On Oct 29, 2010
That is the problem with most of these new generation banks.Forget all those mouth watering offer they advertise on their various products.There are always hidden charges (no matter how small) that the customers are not aware of at the point of opening an account. How on this earth will a savings account attract COT ? How can a bank charge its customer N15 for each transaction alert he receives? What is the meaning of Up Country charge? How can a bank charge you a certain amount of money because you are withdrawing over the counter and not with your ATM card? Tell me, is it compulsory to own an ATM card when you consider the daily fraud on ATM people encounter everyday. There are so many questions to be answered. Me, i'd rather stick to my old generation banks (Union bank,First bank) even though their services are not superb as compared to that of these crooks. My opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by oweniwe(m): 1:20pm On Oct 29, 2010
Eseaba:

angry which kind person you be? You went to buy 50 litres fuel at a filling station but the attendant dispensed 48 litres. You now say because the balance 2 litres cost just N130 kpere, you go drive ya car de go. This is wrong! Let's call a spade a spade, STEALING IS STEALING. It doesn't matter whether the amount stolen is N20 or N1m. It doesn't matter whether the stolen money is donated to charity or not. For the guy who said the illegal charges are used to pay salaries and other bla bla bla, what is the difference between using stolen N200 multiplied by million deposits to pay salaries and using the same funds to acquire private properties? What is bad is bad. Full stop. And who told you people are not complaining about bad roads and bad leadership? Do you know how many special features vanguard newspapers did on the benin- ore road? If people are not talking, why are fraudulent elections being over turned at the courts? (omehia/amaechi, agagu/mimiko, osunbor/oshiomole, ekiti own drama nko?) people are complaining. changes does not happen over night but we'll definitely see result     angry
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by mrofficial(m): 1:38am On Oct 30, 2010
^^^Thank you jare. No mind that guy, Eseaba, na dullard.
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by danidon: 6:38am On Oct 30, 2010
Nairalanders, its a pity that people are shouting and complaining over nothing. I just asked a colleague how much he paid for a three bedroom apartment in Lekki and he said over N2.5m P.A. the same was paid for at Ikeja for N1m. the same state, the same law. The guy just decided to go to lekki because he believed he can afford it. He did not label the landlord in lekki as a fraudster, In the first instance though he was shown the goodies in the building and the advantages of renting it, he was never coerced into bringing the money to pay for it.

Please, we have 24 banks here and if anyone feels not too satisfied with the services or charges any of the 24 is offering, we all are at liberty to move. But i tell you, the customers that are keeping these banks are not seeing any reason to complain because 'they choosed to stay at lekki instead of Ikeja' knowing that there office is in the Island. I hope u guys understand.

Remember the 20:80 rule, so locate yourself where you will belong to the 20 that commands the 80.
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by oweniwe(m): 7:05am On Oct 30, 2010
^^ you don't understand. The issue is not about N200. The problem is that they deduct the money WITHOUT notifying their customers. That is fraud angry
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by obisky(m): 11:54am On Oct 30, 2010
this N 200.00 up country charges should stop heaceforth,am also having the same complains. when i spend my money they charge me N 200.00 even when i save money to my account they also deduct N200.00. Zenith this 419 oooo.
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by Lalateeza(f): 6:07pm On Oct 30, 2010
You guys should stop slandering Zenith Bank.
Its one of Africa's Top most Bank. New technology and innovative.
As a customer of the Bank you are bound by contracts.
Instead of whining go read the "contracts" before you opened an Account with Zenith.
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by ITbomb(m): 7:05pm On Oct 30, 2010
You are right but i thing banks should really encourage customers to read the contract papers b4 any opening of account not just 'spellin out the requirements'
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by jeryl: 9:53pm On Nov 01, 2010
@ danidon

its sad danidon u support evil. If really u want to compare Zenith to a house in Lekki, when a landlord at Lekki gives you a price will he change the price to 1mn as found in mainland? In the case of Zenith, because they know that what they are doing is wrong, they apologize and tell you that they will waive it. So what does that tell you? Except you are an agent of Zenith you really have no business saying this nonsense. So far i have lost close to #5,000.00.
In fact i have seen that writing on this platform will solve no problem, i have decided to take it further. Pls anybody who know how i can reach the necessary authority should let me know say EFCC, CBN. Until they tell me that there is nothing wrong with what Zenith is doing, i will not stop, i will never listen or succumb to these supporters of evil and illegality. That is why Nigeria is immersed in corruption 'cos people support evil all the time. PLS I NEED THE CONTACT FOR NECESSARY AUTHORITY ON THIS, HELP OUT!
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by pals4real: 10:46pm On Nov 01, 2010
my dear its very bad of our most banks,is it only zenith,a lot of them do rub poor men in this country,wich one will one run to? all of them hv their short comings sad
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by ITbomb(m): 5:53am On Nov 02, 2010
@jeryl i think you should start here www.cenbank.org/Contacts/Quickmail.asp
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by jeryl: 9:15pm On Nov 02, 2010
thank you so much itbomb, i have started working on it. I really appreciate this. More inputs please.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Re-Negotiate A Bad Bank Loan / How To Bid For Government Contracts? / How Lucrative Is Tailoring Business?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.