Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,991 members, 7,873,188 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:33 AM

123 Jigawa Cyclists Of No Value To Lagos – Assembly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 123 Jigawa Cyclists Of No Value To Lagos – Assembly (601 Views)

Gabriel Suswan: Tinubu’s Ministers Lack Capacity, They Have No Value / Inside Ilu Aje, A Ghost Village In Oyo, Where Money Has No Value. / Rotimi Amaechi Pictured Riding Bicycle As He Receives A Team Of Cyclists(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

123 Jigawa Cyclists Of No Value To Lagos – Assembly by Ctorch: 8:43pm On Sep 05, 2019
123 Jigawa cyclists of no value to Lagos – Assembly
Lagos State House of Assembly has expressed displeasure at the release of the 123 cyclists recently arrested by security agencies.
Sanai Agunbiade representing Ikorodu 1 raised this under matter of urgent public importance.
In his submission, Sanai said nobody knew the intention of those who came in with motorcycles from their town, saying their invasion was a threat to the security of Lagos State and expressed the need to ‘take a look on the northerners who sneak in the night.’
The lawmakers took turns to condemn the influx of trucks carrying young men from the North and their motorcycles into the state and called on the Commissioner of Police to ensure adequate security of lives and properties.

The House also called on the National Assembly to review the constitution in order to accommodate state police and also reiterated the need for a special status for the state.
Tunde Braimoh representing Kosofe 2, tasked Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu to enhance traffic laws to caution the people who want to act contrary to the law.
In his view, Fatai Mojeed representing Ibeju Lekki 1 said there was a need to involve Vehicle Inspection Service (VIS) to commence the inspection of motorcycles that were not registered.
Abiodun Tobun said that the 123 northerners arrested and released should have been sent back with their motorcycles, saying their release was not good enough.
“They are here to constitute nuisance because they have no value to add to the development of the state,” he said.
The Speaker, Mudashiru Obasa, who supported his colleagues, added that the budget of the state was no longer enough to cater to the people.
“The law that permits movement of people also gives power to the state to direct its affairs. Those who come in must abide by the rules and regulations. The Commissioner of Police shouldn’t have handled over the 123 people to immigration for proper identification before their release.
“This is the more reason why Lagos needs special status with state police to secure lives of the people,” he said.
The House then charged Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu to empower the neighbourhood safety corps to ensure security in the state.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/123-jigawa-cyclists-of-no-value-to-lagos-assembly/
Re: 123 Jigawa Cyclists Of No Value To Lagos – Assembly by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 05, 2019
While our FRSC guys will be pursuing us around on the streets of Lagos and giving people ticket for a broken brake light, they did not see 123 men dangling on a truck all the way from Jigawa. Or that doesn't pose any threat to safety on the road?

2 Likes

Re: 123 Jigawa Cyclists Of No Value To Lagos – Assembly by SLAP44: 8:45pm On Sep 05, 2019
Stop harassing Nigeruans inside Nigeria. If you don't want people to troop into Lagos, declare Oduduwanistan Republic and a start issuing visas.

1 Like

Re: 123 Jigawa Cyclists Of No Value To Lagos – Assembly by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 05, 2019
This is hate speech.

1 Like

Re: 123 Jigawa Cyclists Of No Value To Lagos – Assembly by SLAP44: 8:55pm On Sep 05, 2019
Gracealone:
While our FRSC guys will be pursuing us around on the streets of Lagos and giving people ticket for a broken brake light, they did not see 123 men dangling on a truck all the way from Jigaws. Or that doesn't pose any threat to safety on the road?

The law in Nigeria is only applied against the south.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 123 Jigawa Cyclists Of No Value To Lagos – Assembly by olaric(m): 9:07pm On Sep 05, 2019
Bitter truth. While the lawmakers may seem harsh, they are not far from the truth.
Re: 123 Jigawa Cyclists Of No Value To Lagos – Assembly by FarahAideed: 9:09pm On Sep 05, 2019
After how Jakande and Sango Itedo mall wear looted by animals it's time the Lagos govt begin to Depot people of zero value in this state
Re: 123 Jigawa Cyclists Of No Value To Lagos – Assembly by immortalityk: 9:10pm On Sep 05, 2019
I'm a Yoruba person and I don't see the advantage of these people moving to our land enmasse
I will not be surprised if its a yoruba person who is bringing them into yoruba land
I also heard a rumour of how these people are entering remo land in Ogun state
A yoruba person is behind this, trust me
But for what reason? I don't know
Re: 123 Jigawa Cyclists Of No Value To Lagos – Assembly by Germannig: 9:22pm On Sep 05, 2019
Xenophobia in Nigeria against Nigerians. That is what south Africans are saying too - that they don't need low level Nigerians.
Re: 123 Jigawa Cyclists Of No Value To Lagos – Assembly by dollytino4real(f): 10:33pm On Sep 05, 2019
deport dem back to their base

1 Like

Re: 123 Jigawa Cyclists Of No Value To Lagos – Assembly by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 05, 2019
immortalityk:
I'm a Yoruba person and I don't see the advantage of these people moving to our land enmasse
I will not be surprised if its a yoruba person who is bringing them into yoruba land
I also heard a rumour of how these people are entering remo land in Ogun state
A yoruba person is behind this, trust me
But for what reason? I don't know
propagate Islam.
Re: 123 Jigawa Cyclists Of No Value To Lagos – Assembly by Amuocha: 10:49pm On Sep 05, 2019
One day monkey go market e no go return

(1) (Reply)

I Don’t Like Osinbajo But Will Not Allow A Cabal Rubbish Him: Omokri / Our Administration Will Resolve Minimum Wage Crisis - Vice President Osinbajo / The Igbos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.