Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,100 members, 7,903,587 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 04:32 PM

My Life As A Campus Fresher - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Life As A Campus Fresher (317 Views)

I Think Am Given Up Already With Life As A Nigerian / UNICAL Campus Bus Catches Fire (Photo) / Life As It Goes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Life As A Campus Fresher by Mosesayo00: 11:30am On Sep 06, 2019
We had just moved into a new house in the year I gained admission into the University.
We left the busy side of town where I was born for a new area where there were very few people; and my mom had to close her shop.

Within those first months we used in the new area, I knew we really suffered.
We had to pick wild vegetables from the bushes around the house and feed on waterleaf soup on so many nights.

Three days before I was due to resume school for registration, I still had not paid the twenty thousand naira acceptance fee.
We had raised ten thousand in the family, and the church had already helped in the way it could.

I remember the last night I spent at home, just before the day I was travelling.
Rain fell that January morning, and the day was cold.

While I slept and prepared for my journey, my mom and three sisters went to the large bush behind our house and they plucked vegetables.

When they finished the ones behind the house, they went to the bush at the end of our street, and they plucked more.

They used three hours in the bush, until they had enough vegetables to fill two sacks.
I was later told my younger sister's finger nails broke during the hard labour.

My mom then carried the two sacks to the market that same evening, and she sold them to the customer from whom she had always bought vegetables.
That woman bought it all at a cheap price.

My mom came back home around 8pm that day and counted the currency notes until the remaining ten thousand I needed was complete.

She handed the money to me, and she left my room quietly.
After she had given me the money, only one hundred naira remained from the money.
Later that night, she came back into my room and she gave me the remaining 100 naira for transportation to the car park.

None of my sisters collected any money from the toil; not even my younger sister whose fingers were starting to bleed.

When I left that morning and waved goodbye to them all, my mom was close to tears.

Three weeks after I left home, I was caught up in the newly-found freedom of the school environment, and I never called home.
Save for the one time I called when I arrived in the school safely, I never called my mother again.

Finish here please���

www.fluxwap..com/2019/08/my-life-as-campus-fresher.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Thief Dies After Being Trapped Inside Church Where He Went To Steal / Lady Runs Mad After Alighting From Benz In Anambra (video) / Hire Top SEO Services Agency Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.