Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,767 members, 7,879,332 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 04:24 PM

Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So (36624 Views)

Segun Odegbami Celebrates His 69th Birthday Today / Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry / Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by sulevictoria100(f): 8:21pm On Sep 08, 2019
Thanks
Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by Yahman1(m): 8:22pm On Sep 08, 2019
buygala:

Now you are acting real suspicious sad

I think you will have some questions to answer at Louis Edet House....just wait for our call

This forum isn't as anonymous as many of you think
Lol, u dey form CIA for here abi

1 Like

Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by Adegokenath(m): 8:26pm On Sep 08, 2019
Flier:
He wasn’t murdered he was attacked by village people,he was too close to his root,something that caused him a lot of problem
You can’t be rich and continue to live in the village
you are correct even his immediate junior brother died 2 years ago from an undisclosed illness.we are from same place Irra near offa Kwara state.RIP RASHID YEKINI

2 Likes

Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 08, 2019

1 Like

Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by FreeSpirited: 8:38pm On Sep 08, 2019
Flier:
He wasn’t murdered he was attacked by village people,he was too close to his root,something that caused him a lot of problem
Somebody that supposed to move to an estate or high class area immediately he got money but he refused to leave his local area,mingles with Old women every morning,dating all kind of low class paraga sellers and road side food sellers.You can’t live that way and last long if you are rich

My brother....So much wisdom here! especially as applied to our African hate filled culture for the rich.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by virginchaser(m): 8:41pm On Sep 08, 2019
They need to ban this card seller that is derailing this trend.

1 Like

Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by codemaniacs: 8:45pm On Sep 08, 2019
zz

3 Likes

Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by smileyoo: 8:46pm On Sep 08, 2019
na waoo. dis one weak me ooo. house_ hold enemies could be deadly, especially when one is extremely ignorant.
Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by renewable1(m): 8:47pm On Sep 08, 2019
May God help us.

Are you tired of using your generator and buying fuel tirelessly?

We have a unique 1kva solar package at an affordable rate to power all your entertainment gadget for minimum 8 hours daily.

CHECK MY SIGNATURE NOW
Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by codemaniacs: 8:47pm On Sep 08, 2019
zz
Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by Mustay(m): 8:48pm On Sep 08, 2019
Footballers have a very short career that they have to make the most of it.

“Probably we would have demanded (not for any payment of some sort) but to have created a system or an institution that will take care of us in old age which is something we have found out now”, he added.

The government should create a system that works for everyone, whether you are a footballer or pepper seller. This government, through the NFF that has abandoned injured players during their active years will now take care when they're old, e no fit work. They don't care until they see foreigners hyping or showing them love, then they want to tap into the limelight.
Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by Unconquerable: 8:56pm On Sep 08, 2019
What's the point of raising this dead issue if you have no intention of pursuing it further?
Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by Flier: 9:02pm On Sep 08, 2019
codemaniacs:

If every wealthy person leaves their villages how would their villages grow and urbanize

wealthy people sponsor the less privilege in their villages and that's how the villages start to grow, so normally when one person from a village is successful most of the other villagers will be happy for the person..

stop spreading rubbish stereotypes which is one of the major reasons a lot of places dominated by black people are in a bad state because once they get successful they leave their community and that community will never grow if every successful person leaves....
Guy you have to move out of your village once you get small change otherwise you will regret it big time
Even in developed world,wealthy people are leaving their cities for Silicon Valley so I will advice you to move before it’s too late
It’s normal thing in life,you can’t live among the poor once you are wealthy
Only if you want them to give you name (money ritual house, Assasin )and several others bad names at the same time singing ( is it not the same job we are doing to your ear every morning) even thou they are selling Tomatoes while you are an engineer
Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by okeniti: 9:10pm On Sep 08, 2019
I hear your point, but Yekini was from the masses. Now intentionally, we the masses are not taught on how to keep money. If me, you or anyone reading this are dashed N50,000,000 without knowing anything about keeping money chances are we could end up like Yekini. Guy bought a lot of joy to Nigerians in some dark times so pity/sadness will be felt.

oluwaseyi000:
Most footballers at any point in time are richer than the masses, if anyone squanders his money that's his headache

1 Like

Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by codemaniacs: 9:25pm On Sep 08, 2019
zz
Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by mechanics(m): 9:31pm On Sep 08, 2019
So the money they have made during their active days has finished abi, any small thing, they want govt to assist them, they should know government has lot of commitment to undertake.
Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by Flier: 9:32pm On Sep 08, 2019
codemaniacs:

your mentality is terrible unless you are a whyte person on a Nigerian forum.

even in developed world, wealthy people stay in their villages and build their mansions there. silicon valley is where they sponsor their village colleagues to go to.
I don’t have to argue with you, you are out of touch
Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by codemaniacs: 9:39pm On Sep 08, 2019
zz
Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by higgs: 9:47pm On Sep 08, 2019
The great Rashidi Yekini! Nigeria's best striker ever. RIP great player.

1 Like

Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by Starz825(m): 9:54pm On Sep 08, 2019
Flier:
Somebody that supposed to move to an estate or high class area immediately he got money but he refused to leave his local area,mingles with Old women every morning,dating all kind of low class paraga sellers and road side food sellers.You can’t live that way and last long if you are rich
I bless God for giving you this sense.....the moment u realize that God has promoted and move u forward...be wise don't stay in same environment....change ur environment.......staying and relating too much with same people it's dangerous....pple are wicked..trust no body at that point..jealousy takes over at that point because ur life has changed...

4 Likes

Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by israelmao(m): 10:06pm On Sep 08, 2019
If it is true then have it changed the lives of family members they have rather worse off.
Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by onadana: 10:10pm On Sep 08, 2019
emeijeh:
Hey Odegbami,
Please let sleeping dogs lie.

"....the money he was getting from Europe, so he had a lot of money in UBA at the time, because one of the managers was my friend."

That manager was lucky not to be fired for breaching the oath of secrecy he signed.

WHO DOES THAT?!!!!!

Many..bankers..I had a female friend who was a banker she accessed my account balance based in another bank other than her's and she had the effrontery to tell me.
Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by emeijeh(m): 10:11pm On Sep 08, 2019
onadana:

Many..bankers..I had a female friend who was a banker she accessed my account balance based in another bank other than her's and she had the effrontery to tell me.

You don meanit!!!!

She had a close friend in bank B
Shame!!
Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by onadana: 10:18pm On Sep 08, 2019
emeijeh:

You don meanit!!!!

She had a close friend in bank B
Shame!!

I should think so.I actually wrote a petition to the bank,they could easily find out who was the last person to view the account and I could easily sue the bank.But after discussions with a staff before I could see the bank manager I had to let it go because my friend will definitely be involved.
Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by rentAcock(m): 10:23pm On Sep 08, 2019
Thank you OP, RY will forever remain a legend. As the first Nigerian player to score in the worldcup, he will be immortalized in my household and for generations to come.

2 Likes

Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by crossover(m): 10:26pm On Sep 08, 2019
FreeSpirited:

My brother....So much wisdom here! especially as applied to our African hate filled culture for the rich.

Wow! You are too much!!
Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by goalgetter01: 11:16pm On Sep 08, 2019
codemaniacs:

you are the one that is out of touch.

why would a poor person from the same village as a wealthy person hate on the only person who can help him?
bro you don't know anything... the fact that your fellow black man is smiling with you doesn't mean he's happy with you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by Chukalemon(m): 11:34pm On Sep 08, 2019
Gone are the days when they use to say givers never lack, but not this time around cause things have indeed changed tremendously.

As you can see that givers are now indeed lacking but not all,cause people are now heartless. undecided undecided
Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by lowaist101: 12:02am On Sep 09, 2019
This is serious.
People need to be thinking of insurance, especially health insurance.
Govt needs to make it very compulsory...national health insurance scheme must be made mandatory.
There are three of them: Comprehensive investment in three things: food production- agriculture, health and education. No govt can be wrong with these 3. we infuse science and development to make everything sustainable.

1 Like

Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by Larryndelaw: 12:46am On Sep 09, 2019
whytediamond:
How can a sane man with his mental health intact be bundled and taken to a native doctor against his will?

If truly he was murdered, what did the police do about the murder suspects?
Do we have policecin Nigeria?
Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by Nobody: 2:29am On Sep 09, 2019
codemaniacs:

If every wealthy person leaves their villages how would their villages grow and urbanize

wealthy people sponsor the less privilege in their villages and that's how the villages start to grow, so normally when one person from a village is successful most of the other villagers will be happy for the person..

stop spreading rubbish stereotypes which is one of the major reasons a lot of places dominated by black people are in a bad state because once they get successful they leave their community and that community will never grow if every successful person leaves....

You don't necessarily have to run away from your roots if your hands are clean.

See, excessive generosity (the way he was giving his money away) is one of the major symptoms of bipolar disorder. The mistake the relatives made was that they took him to the native doctor where he was obviously poisoned.

Who knows they might have done it deliberately because they wanted his money for themselves, either way the man was just unfortunate he lived in an uncivilised society and at a time when people were ignorant about mental health issues

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ibrahimovic Snubbed Pitch Invaders, Opposition Player, Got People Talking / Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi / Georgina Rodriguez Stuns in Cristiano Ronaldo-Inspired Dress (pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.