Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,180 members, 7,916,454 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 12:19 AM

Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now (36023 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: I Will Never Accept To Be President Of Nigeria, It's Demotion / Bishop Oyedepo: I Wear White Suits To Cut Costs / Bishop Oyedepo: I Warned Nigerians In 2015 About This ‘Evil’ Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by CodeTemplar: 8:08pm On Sep 09, 2019
showafrica:

Na wao, everything dey for this Bible oo, I suspect you are 'Freeze'
Don't let hateful souls confuse you. Those verses have no link to what Oyedepo is talking about. Why didn't Father Abraham go there at 70?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by engrchykae(m): 8:12pm On Sep 09, 2019
I will advice us to start using our brain.
we keep attacking pastors while no one is talking about the religion of peace which have infested the world with terrorism.
nobody questions the teachings of Islam that made them to always be violent.
every year our people will pay and troop to mecca.
no one makes account how the pilgrimage money is spent.
Islam as a religion is against the security of the society and therefore should be BANNED.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by MrCEO69(m): 8:19pm On Sep 09, 2019
jasmine1600:
The real yahoo yahoo.
Do you know how much tithe, seed and offerings he receives a week just for selling hopes to the gullible?
He prefers earthy Manson’s to the one in heavens.
Religion na big scam
can u remove Saudi from the list, even tho i am not a muslim, the country make sense abegi
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by Bigblessed: 8:27pm On Sep 09, 2019
Oh! Christians my dear Christians.

Till this moment, we are yet to be convinced that the glory ahead has nothing to compare with; not even first class private jet.

Jesus wept.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by Ikennablue(m): 8:35pm On Sep 09, 2019
dermmy:
His situation is like the rich fool who gathered enough into his barn and said to himself i have plenty now let me enjoy my life for a life time and GOD demanded his life that very hour. I pray that this man won't miss it in the end.
mehn...
Be carefull what you say. He's a man of God
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by dermmy(m): 8:37pm On Sep 09, 2019
Ikennablue:
mehn...

I didn't insult anyone there. Just remembered that parable
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by Nobody: 9:02pm On Sep 09, 2019
Absolute truth!
jesusjnr:
Not surprised at all.

Here's why:

Matthew 6:19-21 (KJV)

19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by GOOOGLE504(m): 9:04pm On Sep 09, 2019
jesusjnr:
Not surprised at all.

Here's why:

Matthew 6:19-21 (KJV)

19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

pretty intelligent post. couldn't help but like..
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by APOSTLECHUMA: 9:08pm On Sep 09, 2019
HE HAS STOLEN SO MUCH FROM HIS CONGREGATION TLL HE IS AFRAID TO GO AND MEET GOD A CROOK.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by MuttleyLaff: 9:10pm On Sep 09, 2019
Ikennablue:
mehn...
Arent we all moG, hmm? You a moG, I a moG, dermmy a moG, hmm?

dermmy:
I didn't insult anyone there. Just remembered that parable
"So the LORD said, “My Spirit will not contend with man forever, for he is mortal; his days shall be 120 years.

And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years (KJV)

Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not struggle with humans forever, because they are flesh and blood. They will live 120 years."
"
- Genesis 6:3

The parable didnt wash though, as Oyedepo said he isnt in a hurry, to go to Heaven, because he is going to be there forever, so there’s no point hurrying to get there and if you’re only here on earth for long once, then why not make the most that's possible here on earth and to the glory of God too before exiting to heaven, hmm?

Occasionally I do get tired of living on earth, but shrug it off because of my nearest(s) and dearest(s) etcetera. So I can understand why Oyedepo says he isnt in a hurry to cross over. The only thing intriguing me in his comment is the 120 number, though he also mentioned 100 but why is he particular with that 120 number? I hope he isnt misinterpreting Genesis 6:3 to match that popular misleading belief that mankind's lifespan is meant to be limited to, at least, 120 years, erhn?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by OnPointMan(m): 9:43pm On Sep 09, 2019
jesusjnr:
Funny but serious.

Bro, i thought it was a joke by a clever graphic designer until watching the video minutes ago. I fear for this bishop o. Heresy of the highest order. May God help us o shocked

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by Omeizadean(m): 10:04pm On Sep 09, 2019
Is he trying to say hell and mistakenly said heaven? Just asking for Lazarus oh.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by showafrica(m): 10:07pm On Sep 09, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Don't let hateful souls confuse you. Those verses have no link to what Oyedepo is talking about. Why didn't Father Abraham go there at 70?

It's never God's wish for humans to leave the earth soon. Man actually brought death upon himself according to the Bible but I am surprised how the Bible could be linked up to any situation.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by dollytino4real(f): 10:22pm On Sep 09, 2019
yes o, God resides in winners then visit other places, heaven is our right place
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by CodeTemplar: 10:33pm On Sep 09, 2019
showafrica:

It's never God's wish for humans to leave the earth soon. Man actually brought death upon himself according to the Bible but I am surprised how the Bible could be linked up to any situation.
?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by Blacksavage: 11:11pm On Sep 09, 2019
lool funny man heaven sure you self...
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by shaw2(m): 11:14pm On Sep 09, 2019
Chop life my brother
No mind the ones wey dey carry church for head pass u.
I know say worldly things can't let you go bro
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by Sniper101(m): 11:31pm On Sep 09, 2019
Lexusgs430:
Why does he think he is going to heaven, and not hell.......

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by richardbola: 11:50pm On Sep 09, 2019
Ladies and gentlemen especially d Christians our ignorant of d word of God or maybe d devil use veil to cover our heart d man said his not in hurry meaning he can't die young because d bible says dat we shall be fruitful at old age also said a youth is 100yrs and his sure of his stand in God dat at time his ready so Paul was sure of his own
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by oluboyo04(m): 1:23am On Sep 10, 2019
He never got it for once. He has missed it for long.
dermmy:
A rich fool in the Bible gathered enough into his barn and said to himself i have plenty now let me enjoy my life for a life time and GOD demanded his life that very hour. I pray that this man won't miss it in the end.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by Seunfunmi21(m): 3:04am On Sep 10, 2019
Baba no wan die..lol..abeg leave d guy make he flex his wealth small..awon prosperity preacher
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by GoldHorse(m): 5:07am On Sep 10, 2019
Wetin happen to "ajo o dabi ile"

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by gwinaB(m): 5:44am On Sep 10, 2019
newsynews:
Bishop Davido Oyedepo of Living Church Worldwide has given reasons why he is not in a hurry to go to heaven.

Oyedepo who made this known while delivering a sermon, stated that there are some people in his congregation who would testify in his Church when they clock 100 or 120.

According to him, he and many members of his church would live long to the anger of witches and wizards.

“There are people, I’m looking at this morning, that will testify here at 100. There are those that will testify here at 120. I’m here for long. I’m here for long.

“I’m not hurrying to go to Heaven, I am going to be there forever, so there’s no point hurrying to get there. You’re here for long!

“Let every witch and wizard be angry: You’re here for long. It’s a verdict of Heaven! You’re here for long!
You will see your children’s children to the 4th generation,” he said.

https://wotzup.ng/why-i-am-not-in-a-hurry-to-go-to-heaven-now-david-oyedepo/

You should have written what he said before he said that.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by Kokoebapluse(m): 9:54am On Sep 10, 2019
grin. I dont want to talk am à muslim. Even is not like uk
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by gobuchinny: 12:16pm On Sep 10, 2019
Ikennablue:
mehn...

If his a man of God so what r you? You better study your bible know that God is no respecter of persons. We r all children of God and no one has more right to God than the other. WAKE UP
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by gobuchinny: 12:24pm On Sep 10, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Arent we all moG, hmm? You a moG, I a moG, dermmy a moG, hmm?

"So the LORD said, “My Spirit will not contend with man forever, for he is mortal; his days shall be 120 years.

And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years (KJV)

Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not struggle with humans forever, because they are flesh and blood. They will live 120 years."
"
- Genesis 6:3

The parable didnt wash though, as Oyedepo said he isnt in a hurry, to go to Heaven, because he is going to be there forever, so there’s no point hurrying to get there and if you’re only here on earth for long once, then why not make the most that's possible here on earth and to the glory of God too before exiting to heaven, hmm?

Occasionally I do get tired of living on earth, but shrug it off because of my nearest(s) and dearest(s) etcetera. So I can understand why Oyedepo says he isnt in a hurry to cross over. The only thing intriguing me in his comment is the 120 number, though he also mentioned 100 but why is he particular with that 120 number? I hope he isnt misinterpreting Genesis 6:3 to match that popular misleading belief that mankind's lifespan is meant to be limited to, at least, 120 years, erhn?

Oga you guys keep quoting old testaments. Did any new testament scripture promise you long life? What age did Paul die, Peter, Stephen, all the apostles? Even Jesus?The new testament teaching shows all the apostles wanted to get to heaven. They yearned to put off this mortal body and wear immortality. Why should the teaching now be different. Mark this quote, Oledepo will die soon like every mortal but his will take him by surprise, when he least expects grin and end up in hell because he is the one that is troubling the church of God. He has desecrated the temple of God and placed his own god mammon in the faces of undiscerning lazy christains.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by Ikennablue(m): 5:30pm On Sep 10, 2019
gobuchinny:

If his a man of God so what r you? You better study your bible know that God is no respecter of persons. We r all children of God and no one has more right to God than the other. WAKE UP
Brother am not asleep, I've read my Bible and I understand that God made some people spiritual leaders over us. Vilifying this people will only bring harm
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by gobuchinny: 5:33pm On Sep 10, 2019
Ikennablue:
Brother am not asleep, I've read my Bible and I understand that God made some people spiritual leaders over us. Vilifying this people will only bring harm

If you understood the renew testament requirement u will understand that a spiritual leader does not mean Superior to u nor me. Infact the highest leaders r elders but Paul said bring not an accusation before one else in the presence of 2 or 3 witnesses and rebuke him openly. No one has a spiritual right over you. we r all kings and priests. Anyone can be rebuked bro. Please get into the new testament to understand d covenant
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by luluosas(m): 5:44pm On Sep 10, 2019
Only fools will say there's no God. Take care
Revolva:

Shut up what do u know about heaven or hell it's just a state of mind it is here on Earth

When we die no judgement happens we just return back to the d sands

Forget all those fairy tales they have used to brainwashed you with all these foreign bullshit religion

Heaven (sky ) above no God is there with white beard seated watching us and Hell( earth below ) no red fire burning and devil there with tail and horn with fork

It's all man made ideas and have been used to brainwash us

Your heaven m earth are here on Earth

That is why we humans must make life better for one another first and foremost bust sadly too many evil leaders rullung us and ur pastors also are included

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Divine Mercy Prayer (free Video and Audio Download) / Pastor Moses Adeeyo Accused Of Marrying Church Member's Wife In Rivers / Pastor W F Kumuyi And His New Bride Aduke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.