Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,175 members, 7,880,666 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:34 AM

It Is Okay To Inscribe "There Is No God" On Public Statues---indian Court - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It Is Okay To Inscribe "There Is No God" On Public Statues---indian Court (638 Views)

Is It Okay To Publicly Confess Your Past Evil?? / Please Tell Us,how You Got The Thought "There Is No God Almighty / Daddy Freeze: Pastor Calls God On Phone In The Church As Sheeple Rejoice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is Okay To Inscribe "There Is No God" On Public Statues---indian Court by Niflheim(m): 2:48pm On Sep 10, 2019
FULL STORY:

Standing up for freedom of speech and expression under the Constitution of India, the Madras High Court this week dismissed a petition that sought to remove inscriptions from Periyar statues in Tamil Nadu, that said, “There is no god.” The petition filed by a person called M Deivanayagam claimed that the atheist inscriptions under Periyar statues in the state were offensive to believers of the “Universal God”; he wanted the state government to remove these inscriptions, and accused the Dravidar Kazhagam – the successor of Justice Party founded by Periyar – of making up views that were not really Periyar’s.

[/b]The inscriptions under Periyar’s statues read: “There is no god, no god, there really is no god // He who created god is a fool // He who preaches god is a scoundrel // He who prays to god is uncivilised.”[b]

While the petitioner claimed that these are not the views of Periyar, who was [/b]only a humanist and not an atheist, the Dravidar Kazhagam rubbished this claim.[b] “The inscriptions were made only at the instance of Thanthai Periyar,” DK said in court, [/b]“Thanthai Periyar had foreseen the situation, that if there is no such inscription in the statues, then these statues will also be made as a God and people will start worship, after some years.”[b]..................................

FOR MORE INFO, PLEASE CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINK:...................................https://www.thenewsminute.com/article/constitution-grants-right-say-there-no-god-says-madras-high-court-108493

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is Okay To Inscribe "There Is No God" On Public Statues---indian Court by budaatum: 2:54pm On Sep 10, 2019
"For inasmuch as ye have done for those here whom ye see!"

Though I'm sure it would be odd if I say, love one another.
Re: It Is Okay To Inscribe "There Is No God" On Public Statues---indian Court by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 10, 2019
He is Very right!
There is no god!

What I know and we have is A GOD..

GOD ALMIGHTY
THE CREATOR THAT WAS NOT CREATED

THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE and Everything in it.

THE COVENANT KEEPING GOD

THE LORD OF HOST

THE OWNER OF THE EARTH AND EVERYTHING IN IT

THE GOD OF Abraham, Issac and Isreal

THE GOD OF THE CHOSEN

THE ROCK OF AGES

THE ALL POWERFUL GOD..

THE INVENTOR OF POWER

THE CREATOR OF THE SEAS AND EVERYTHING IN IT

THE UNDISPUTABLE CHAMPION

THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS THE POWER TO KILL AND MAKE ALIVE

THE ONE WHO EVERY Being (Whether you believe HIM or not) Must Submit to

THE ONE THAT ORDERS THE LIFE OF EVERY BEING..

I SALUTE YOU MY FATHER!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Okay To Inscribe "There Is No God" On Public Statues---indian Court by Mekanus(m): 6:25pm On Sep 10, 2019
Chosen1984:
He is Very right!
There is no god!

GOD ALMIGHTY

THE COVENANT KEEPING GOD

THE LORD OF HOST

THE GOD OF THE CHOSEN

THE ROCK OF AGES

THE ALL POWERFUL GOD..

THE INVENTOR OF POWER

I SALUTE YOU MY FATHER!!

Trash

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Okay To Inscribe "There Is No God" On Public Statues---indian Court by hahn(m): 11:00am On Sep 11, 2019
Chosen1984:
He is Very right!
There is no god!

GOD ALMIGHTY

THE COVENANT KEEPING GOD

THE LORD OF HOST

THE GOD OF THE CHOSEN

THE ROCK OF AGES

THE ALL POWERFUL GOD..

THE INVENTOR OF POWER

I SALUTE YOU MY FATHER!!

Swallow with water. You go dey alright

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is Okay To Inscribe "There Is No God" On Public Statues---indian Court by JeromeBlack: 11:30am On Sep 11, 2019
There is no God

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Born Again Rapper Kanye West Performs For Jail Inmates In Houston. Videos / Should A Christian Drink Alcohol / Opinion Poll: Should Bishop Oyedepo Be Arrested Holding Sunday Service Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.