Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,116 members, 7,946,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 06:15 AM

Is The Lagos BRT Lane Underutilized? (see PHOTOS) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is The Lagos BRT Lane Underutilized? (see PHOTOS) (26338 Views)

Lagos BRT Buses May Withdraw Services Next Week / These Buses Are Not Lagos BRT Buses (see PHOTOS) / China Launches World's Longest Electric Bus,its 3X The Size Of Lagos BRT Buses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Lagos BRT Lane Underutilized? (see PHOTOS) by fabbie: 6:31pm On Sep 11, 2019
Pictures tell a story besides the pictures were taken strategically during the day when the road isn’t busy, why didn’t the photographer take such at night or early in the morning so the world can see the buses in motion.
Besides I live in Ikorodu and I’ve been plying the bus for over 2 years to work and you know what it’s better than taking any other form of transport which is more expensive and less spacious. Most people who work on the island or more than half of the commuters have cars but would rather rest and take the bus than drive.
I’m an accountant and I always measure something. So let’s do a little analysis.
You wait 2 hours in the Busstop for a Brt bus then spend an hour on the road with Full AC or entering normal yellow bus and spend 3 hours on the road including traffic and heat since it’s 4 per seat. Which is better??
Re: Is The Lagos BRT Lane Underutilized? (see PHOTOS) by Sirwallace(m): 6:43pm On Sep 11, 2019
They are actually under utilized. The roads are usually empty even in rush hour. Surprisingly, the new blue bus brought by Ambode are also now permitted to take the lane for some stupid agreement made with the BRT contract.

I just weak for Lagos.
Re: Is The Lagos BRT Lane Underutilized? (see PHOTOS) by mechanics(m): 7:05pm On Sep 11, 2019
The BRT lanes are not underutilized, they are very active.
Re: Is The Lagos BRT Lane Underutilized? (see PHOTOS) by ifiokbenzy(m): 7:52pm On Sep 11, 2019
What I know is if this buses are plying their regular routes. We can suspend using our cars and that alone will bury Lagos traffic forever
Re: Is The Lagos BRT Lane Underutilized? (see PHOTOS) by Procontractor(m): 8:23pm On Sep 11, 2019
Zico5:
The issue is that blue brt buses are not owned by Lagos state. They are owned by private organization with the mandate of Lagos state government. The new Lagos bus service limited buses which are solely owned by Lagos state are not allowed to ply brt Lane due the agreement entered into between the private organization and Lagos state government. I think Lagos state government are still on the case to introduce these buses on ikorodu road but it will take time since the buses are not programmed to ply the route.
Re: Is The Lagos BRT Lane Underutilized? (see PHOTOS) by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 11, 2019
Zico5:
The issue is that blue brt buses are not owned by Lagos state. They are owned by private organization with the mandate of Lagos state government. The new Lagos bus service limited buses which are solely owned by Lagos state are not allowed to ply brt Lane due the agreement entered into between the private organization and Lagos state government. I think Lagos state government are still on the case to introduce these buses on ikorodu road but it will take time since the buses are not programmed to ply the route.
No wonder, they are private owned, that's why the buses are new and equipped with facilities that can make one comfortable. I always relax and close my eyes for a bit when I board those their BRT buses, its an awesome experience. No bus conductor with body odour or some fish seller carrying fish or one agbero shouting to collect levy. I knew Lagos state cannot endorse such buses that offer maximum comfort to the common man.
Re: Is The Lagos BRT Lane Underutilized? (see PHOTOS) by Mac2016(m): 9:50pm On Sep 11, 2019
When you serve your design purpose, you're not underutilised!
Re: Is The Lagos BRT Lane Underutilized? (see PHOTOS) by owbabs: 11:19pm On Sep 11, 2019
This is a dumb thread. It is like saying "why are service lanes under utilized."

Lagos transportation issues are man made and self inflicted. Solutions are known and practiced worldwide. It is left for our leaders to exercise political will to tackle these issues.
Re: Is The Lagos BRT Lane Underutilized? (see PHOTOS) by tollyboy5(m): 1:17am On Sep 12, 2019
Beremx:
Ambode didn't maintain it.

Fashola remains the best governor of Lagos after Jakande
maybe you heard your dad or boyfriend say one or two things about ambode . you thought you could post smart rubbish about ambode's government. undecided
Re: Is The Lagos BRT Lane Underutilized? (see PHOTOS) by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 12, 2019
Can some one summarize the news in a jiffy?
#500 recharge card awaits you..

Money speaking, I can't stress myself reading a novel
Re: Is The Lagos BRT Lane Underutilized? (see PHOTOS) by Niccoloimhotep(m): 3:12pm On Sep 12, 2019
chigo5:
yeah underground trains, was in lag early this year saw the train track occupy a large space in the high ways, I jst said y not make it underground so that the road can b constructed ontop, buh na Naija nah I no wan hear sink hole latter, even the rail tracks taken years to build finish, who use our pant!! ist Britain?
our pant was long stolen and used by lugard and his wife grin
Re: Is The Lagos BRT Lane Underutilized? (see PHOTOS) by misterjosh(m): 5:52pm On Sep 12, 2019
More organised transporters needed to be allowed to ply those lanes, they're are grossly underutilised.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abimbola Ogunbanjo's Family Sues Helicopter Charter Company / Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? / Onne Sea-port: 20 Things To Know About Nigeria's Best Run Sea Port

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.