Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,158 members, 7,887,372 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:47 AM

"Yahoo Boy" Convicted To Court, Told To Forfeit 1,980 Dollars - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / "Yahoo Boy" Convicted To Court, Told To Forfeit 1,980 Dollars (503 Views)

Court Orders Invictus Obi To Forfeit N280.5 Million To Federal Government / Obinwanne Okeke To Forfeit $11 Million, Diamond Ring and Faces 30 Years Prison / Court Orders Yahoo Boy To Forfeit Iphone X And Car To FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Yahoo Boy" Convicted To Court, Told To Forfeit 1,980 Dollars by bhorbozzIV: 4:01pm On Sep 11, 2019
Chidera Ozirigbo, who was arrested by the EFCC on May 28, 2019 following surveillance carried out on intelligence report of cyber-crimes and internet fraud activities in Imo State, that he was a suspected internet fraudster has been convicted to court.

EFCC alleged that he impersonated an American man, Bennet Anthony to obtain about 1,300 dollars from Mrs. Evelyn Oker which he spoke to on the internet.

The Federal High Court of Nigeria convicted him on Wednesday and ordered him to forfeit about $1,980 gotten during investigation.
Justice Maha also sentenced the convict to six months imprisonment also with an option of N200, 000 to be paid to the Federal Government of Nigeria.

The judge, Justice Nkeonye Maha sentenced Chidera Ozirigbo to 6 months imprisonment giving him an option to pay about N100, 000 bail which will both run simultaneously.

Justice Maha ordered that Chidera Ozirigbo’s HP laptop & Samsung Galaxy S8 laptop he used to carry out the internet crime, will be sold out and proceeds remitted to the Federal Government of Nigeria.

She also ordered Chidera Ozirigbo to swear to an affidavit to be of good behaviour as failure to conform will bring judicial sanction to him.

The anti-graft agency mention that the convict commited a crime conflicting to Section 22 (2) b (II) of the Cyber Crimes, Prohibition, Prevention etc Act, 2015 and punishable under Section (22) (2) b (IV) of the same Act.

EFCC’s Hussaina Gambo said: “Investigations carried out into the case by operatives of the EFCC revealed that the defendant assumed the identity of Bennet to fraudulently obtain money from people.”

Source: https://naija247blog.home.blog/2019/09/11/yahoo-boy-convicted-to-court/

Re: "Yahoo Boy" Convicted To Court, Told To Forfeit 1,980 Dollars by bhorbozzIV: 4:01pm On Sep 11, 2019
Cc lalasticlala
Re: "Yahoo Boy" Convicted To Court, Told To Forfeit 1,980 Dollars by nelobiz: 4:30pm On Sep 11, 2019
ok
Re: "Yahoo Boy" Convicted To Court, Told To Forfeit 1,980 Dollars by BrokeFucker007: 4:38pm On Sep 11, 2019
Why don't they send the money back to the victims?! its does not belong to naija naa. Bad thing no good .
Re: "Yahoo Boy" Convicted To Court, Told To Forfeit 1,980 Dollars by PureGoldh(m): 7:10pm On Sep 11, 2019
Make I no talk wetin dey my mind first
Re: "Yahoo Boy" Convicted To Court, Told To Forfeit 1,980 Dollars by icebird25(m): 10:20pm On Sep 11, 2019
In osuofia voice

I don suffer no be small.
Upon say I get sense
Poverty no good at all
Na I'm make I join this business
419 isn't a thief is just a game every body dey play am
If anybody fall mugu my brother I go chop am
Oyibo man of go your dollar, I go chop your money disappear..

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests Fidelity Bank Employee For Allegedly Stealing N137m(photos) / Two Arrested Over Murder Of Young Girls In Port Harcourt Hotel / 20-year-old Ekiti State University Student Kills Boyfriend Over N2,500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.