Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,627 members, 7,882,124 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 04:17 PM

Should I Go Back To My Ex? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Go Back To My Ex? (1584 Views)

Hand Written Love Letter My Ex Wrote Me 6 Years Ago / Should I Tell My Ex-Boyfriend That I Want Him Back? / My Ex-boyfriends Keep Coming Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Go Back To My Ex? by funmeme(f): 11:46am On Oct 29, 2010
Helloo people,

kindly help me out of this situation plsss, I am a young lady of about 26yrs old presently not in a relationship, i quitted my EX a yr ago because i don't like the way he dresses, he is financially ok and but when i tell him to always buy good clothes and look good all i get is '' do you know how many people out there that neeeds my help''? because of this, i dont like goin places with him and only introduce him to ma close friends

i endured the relationship for a year before quting, although i like him and his persons but i cnt stand his appearance. i am a kind of person that like smart guys who looks good cos i always look good myself. He is back beggin me to come back to his life he wants us to settle dow as in ''marriage'' i am presently not in any relationship buh can i go ahead and marry this guy? does appearance matter in marriage? is it advicable to go back to him pls i need ur advice,
Re: Should I Go Back To My Ex? by MrCork25: 11:59am On Oct 29, 2010
Mr Cork , AKA, Sweet lover Man <<<< 6"4, financialy ok, dresses smart, single, romantic, caring, lovin, fine boy, cute, edukated,

caring, romantick, sweet, charming, loyal, fatefull, clean cut, eats puuuny, never complains, shy, love light skin chick, God fearing, ready for

marryrage, loves childrens, loves big family, will care for yiou, can cook, ambicoius, very sporty, employed (kinda), good listener, muscular built,

17inches c0rk & still strong like bull
wink
Re: Should I Go Back To My Ex? by Bim4u: 12:06pm On Oct 29, 2010
Dressing good is important but not amongst the priority for a loving marriage.
Talk to him while he's begging you about how he dresses and if he's willing to make an effort or if he's fine with you choosing his clothes and going shopping so you can help him choose cloths that you like him to wear.
At least if that's the only reason for breaking up and he's willing to make an effort then go back to him.
Re: Should I Go Back To My Ex? by Omolola1(f): 12:09pm On Oct 29, 2010
I dont see the reason why you left him

he dresses bad, fyn, you can change him
Anyway, if you want to go back to him, go ahead if you think you can make him what you want him to be
Re: Should I Go Back To My Ex? by 190: 12:13pm On Oct 29, 2010
^^
My babie has said it all¬
Re: Should I Go Back To My Ex? by DAY13(m): 12:28pm On Oct 29, 2010
Mr^Cork:

Mr Cork , AKA, Sweet lover Man <<<< 6"4, financialy ok, dresses smart, single, romantic, caring, lovin, fine boy, cute, edukated,

caring, romantick, sweet, charming, loyal, fatefull, clean cut, eats puuuny, never complains, shy, love light skin chick, God fearing, ready for

marryrage, loves childrens, loves big family, will care for yiou, can cook, ambicoius, very sporty, employed (kinda), good listener, muscular built,

wink
bross e, i just forward dis to my grandma oo, i think she likes u. grin

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back To My Ex? by md4real(m): 2:16pm On Oct 29, 2010
funmeme:

Helloo people,

kindly help me out of this situation plsss, I am a young lady of about 26yrs old presently not in a relationship, i quitted my EX a yr ago because i don't like the way he dresses, he is financially ok and but when i tell him to always buy good clothes and look good all i get is '' do you know how many people out there that neeeds my help''? because of this, i dont like goin places with him and only introduce him to ma close friends

i endured the relationship for a year before quting, although i like him and his persons but i cnt stand his appearance. i am a kind of person that like smart guys who looks good cos i always look good myself. He is back beggin me to come back to his life he wants us to settle dow as in ''marriage'' i am presently not in any relationship buh can i go ahead and marry this guy? does appearance matter in marriage? is it advicable to go back to him pls i need your advice,

go back to him, collect his money and buy your choice cloths for him as gift.
Re: Should I Go Back To My Ex? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:25pm On Oct 29, 2010
@Poster, you are one of the reasons I constantly wish i was born a girl. all the opportunities available to you women and you can hardly turn that potential into greatness. at 26 you should be thinking 2 kids, a fat bank account and a small business on the side where you and your friends can hangout without stress. grin

One advice for you, only a dog goes back to eat its vomit, if you were clever enough to see the incompatibilities in the first place, it would be a dumb-ass move to go back. there are many men to control out there and it does not matter that they dress unfashionably, have pot-bellies and don't brush their teeth, as long as they are not impotent and are financially rock-solid and (in love) interested in you. better leverage your position FAST and HARD. this body won't last forever (it won't last past 27 and expire by 30) so stop falling my hand and get a move on
Re: Should I Go Back To My Ex? by DonXavi(m): 5:28pm On Oct 29, 2010
funmeme:

Helloo people,

i endured the relationship for a year before quting, although i like him and his persons but i cnt stand his appearance. i am a kind of person that like smart guys who looks good cos i always look good myself. He is back beggin me to come back to his life he wants us to settle dow as in ''marriage'' i am presently not in any relationship buh can i go ahead and marry this guy? does appearance matter in marriage? is it advicable to go back to him pls i need your advice,
Dressing is just creativity, you can recreate your man fashionwise. B/4 you go back give him some conditions tell him you'll be his wears shopper i know he'll definitely accept that at this juncture, Go grab your man because time waits for no body especially for you women, b/4 you know it those your fine features would no more be seen on you.
Re: Should I Go Back To My Ex? by chyz1: 6:01pm On Oct 29, 2010
funmeme:

Helloo people,

Um, your 26. You've been broken up with the dude for a yr now and you still have no man.Don't you think something may be wrong with you here? . There's nothing wrong with getting back with the guy just take it as ur were dishing out a 1yr suspension on him for indecent exposure. Now uy in the compromising zone.He will listen but you got to get ur own nonsense way of thinking corrected as well. Let me give you another thing to thing about your reaching the age where its going to get difficult to find the right person to marry instead of "i need to seetle down so he'll do "kind of guy. At you age range many times it is said the older you get the less guys want you. African man go go for sweet young 21 year old chick thats just the way it is so get cha mind right.
Re: Should I Go Back To My Ex? by livedit(f): 8:59pm On Oct 29, 2010
Well, I think YOU have to decide if his appearance is a deal breaker for you.  Is this someone you can spend the rest of your life with. Besides his clothes, it's a lot of things you will need to take into consideration to settle down with this man.

Is he a caring and loving man? Is he willing to listen to your point of views? A provider for his family as well as helping others? Upholds great integrity, great personality with ambitions in life. Does he has his head on straight? Just to name a few.

I'm kinda puzzeled is to why you would break up with a guy just because of his clothes he wears. Was he treating you right and the issue was his outfits? To me, that's kinda superficial. However, I can understand you not wanting to be out on the town with your man with a torn stained t-shirt, faded flooding jeans with holes in it and some old beat up tennis shoes that talks back when he walks.  Maybe you can try talking to him and you too can come to a compromise. That when you go out together if he would consider dressing to the occasion. But at home or it's the two of you alone, that he can wear whatever he wants.

These just are some ideas to think about. But I'm sorry if I find a man that's good to me, clean and will make a really good match with me, that loves me and that I love wholeheartedly I would be with him. Nobody is perfect. Everyone will have faults.  You not going to find not one person woman/man who has everything together with no faults. Not in this carnal world. Open communication and understanding is the key. Just let him know the issues you have with him and how important it is to you. When you really love and care for someone, you want to make them happy and vice versa.

Just please don't go into this relationship thinking you can change him. He has to want to change. Understand that if he is not willing to change and you decide to settle down with him, then you can can not get upset or ghost on him because of this issue. It's better to tackle this right now before going any further.

Good luck!
Re: Should I Go Back To My Ex? by femmy2010(m): 9:12pm On Oct 29, 2010
Gud guys are not many out there.
If I were a lady,i would jump at d offer of a not well dressed gud guy than waste my tym with a well dressed playa/cowboy.
Re: Should I Go Back To My Ex? by parki: 9:23pm On Oct 29, 2010
Go to your Ex for what?
Abegi The guy time don expire o jare, but you can consider me or mr cork but he comes second because of his previous relationshipsssss they all havent ended well grin

before i forget, i am very hand some, u know na

and (physical fitness na 100%) just one night and you go delete the guy
Re: Should I Go Back To My Ex? by ds700(m): 9:39pm On Oct 29, 2010
b4 u re-consider him, consider this, wot if he didn't change/u couldn't change him, CAN YOU OVERLOOK dis weakness and remain happily married to him? IF YES PROCEED but if know please do the other wise.
Re: Should I Go Back To My Ex? by kaytues(m): 9:46pm On Oct 29, 2010
The fact is that you didnt love him if dress code is a reason for leaving such person you claimed you love for a complete year. Have you ever heard or read NO ONE IS PERFECT?. You yourself are you perfect?, I bet your ex might have had complains about you too but might not want to run away due to the strong faith and feelings he had for the relationship, think about that and stop pretending if you dont love him.

You'd better dont bite more of what you can chew.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Go Back To My Ex? by Dsense(m): 11:16pm On Oct 29, 2010
OP.
Like ppl had just said above,U can always make him what u want him to look like,But by ur own efforts .Go to boutiques buy him the kinda wears u would really want on him,Nice perfume nd nice wristwatch .Hopefull he will collect these stuffs from u,Bcoz there re guys who doesn't like collecting such stuffs from their girls.But u guys have been together for long time befroe u went on vacation grin ''before quiting'',So u should know how to penetate through nd make him to collect these stuffs nd be wearing it.
Re: Should I Go Back To My Ex? by Phate07(m): 11:59pm On Oct 29, 2010

@poster, always remember this lil tidbit "the man makes up 90% and the clothes 10%". Appearances can only take you so far. Do go back to him and help him adopt a better personality.
Re: Should I Go Back To My Ex? by Nobody: 4:53am On Oct 30, 2010
Mr^Cork:

Mr Cork , AKA, Sweet lover Man <<<<  6"4, financialy ok, dresses smart, single, romantic, caring, lovin, fine boy, cute, edukated,

marryrage, loves childrens, loves big family,  will care for yiou, can cook, ambicoius, very sporty, employed (kinda), good listener, muscular built,

wink

angry angry Why are you advertising my goods?!
Re: Should I Go Back To My Ex? by Gboliwe: 5:52am On Oct 30, 2010
Your ex has a large heart,he cares about the needs of other people and exchanges his beautiful clothes for the care/need of others,he will go far
Re: Should I Go Back To My Ex? by Plutarch: 6:56am On Oct 30, 2010
@Poster,
Eventhough i bliv in dressing fine cos i think it makes a statement about one's personalty n besides it make u feel gud n more confident but i fink leave a man who is gud cos of dressing is pretty irrational.
As some posters v quipped u can dress him to your taste. This will b 1 of your contributn 2 ur relatnshp. Think @ 26 u shld b more realistic. I would v pardoned an under- 23. Wish u d best.
Re: Should I Go Back To My Ex? by afribeauty(f): 4:33pm On Oct 31, 2010
Go bak to him,do his shopping,take charge of his wardrobe.
Re: Should I Go Back To My Ex? by funmeme(f): 5:48pm On Nov 02, 2010
Thanks to everyone for your advice and contributions, will prayerfully conclude on what to and aswell look into all the comments. Thanks.
Re: Should I Go Back To My Ex? by Dsense(m): 5:59pm On Nov 02, 2010
U re welcome sweetie.
Re: Should I Go Back To My Ex? by yusuf01(m): 7:28pm On Nov 02, 2010
Kind of funny, I am having this same issue with my girlfriend, only that she is 24 and I am 26. I believe the solution is easy, if that is the only reason you consider that is a negative on his part, just know his size and get some stuffs that fits him, he will gladly collect them because he loves you. I believe your guy doesn't care about his dress sense because he's too busy thinking about/making money.
Re: Should I Go Back To My Ex? by annawhite(f): 7:33pm On Nov 02, 2010
funmeme:

Thanks to everyone for your advice and contributions,  will prayerfully conclude on what to and aswell  look into all the comments. Thanks.
if u really love this guy ,u gota do wat u goota do
buying him designers clothes wont help cos he can always paired them wrongly
it depends on the kind of people you moved with,try taking him to parties where people are  properly dressed and he'll be forced to change his wardrobe,u might go as far as getting two friends or guys to mocked him openly during such outing and you will be suprised at the changes that will take place.
Re: Should I Go Back To My Ex? by Youngpo413: 6:22am On Dec 11, 2014
MrCork25:

wink
funny guy
Re: Should I Go Back To My Ex? by Youngpo413: 6:35am On Dec 11, 2014
livedit:
Well, I think YOU have to decide if his appearance is a deal breaker for you.  Is this someone you can spend the rest of your life with. Besides his clothes, it's a lot of things you will need to take into consideration to settle down with this man.

Is he a caring and loving man? Is he willing to listen to your point of views? A provider for his family as well as helping others? Upholds great integrity, great personality with ambitions in life. Does he has his head on straight? Just to name a few.

I'm kinda puzzeled is to why you would break up with a guy just because of his clothes he wears. Was he treating you right and the issue was his outfits? To me, that's kinda superficial. However, I can understand you not wanting to be out on the town with your man with a torn stained t-shirt, faded flooding jeans with holes in it and some old beat up tennis shoes that talks back when he walks.  Maybe you can try talking to him and you too can come to a compromise. That when you go out together if he would consider dressing to the occasion. But at home or it's the two of you alone, that he can wear whatever he wants.

These just are some ideas to think about. But I'm sorry if I find a man that's good to me, clean and will make a really good match with me, that loves me and that I love wholeheartedly I would be with him. Nobody is perfect. Everyone will have faults.  You not going to find not one person woman/man who has everything together with no faults. Not in this carnal world. Open communication and understanding is the key. Just let him know the issues you have with him and how important it is to you. When you really love and care for someone, you want to make them happy and vice versa.

Just please don't go into this relationship thinking you can change him. He has to want to change. Understand that if he is not willing to change and you decide to settle down with him, then you can can not get upset or ghost on him because of this issue. It's better to tackle this right now before going any further.

Good luck!
you have said it all...
Re: Should I Go Back To My Ex? by Nobody: 6:44am On Dec 11, 2014
Honey just go 4 dis guy since is just d dressin,u can change dat later
Re: Should I Go Back To My Ex? by Youngpo413: 8:57am On Dec 11, 2014
kaytues:
The fact is that you didnt love him if dress code is a reason for leaving such person you claimed you love for a complete year. Have you ever heard or read NO ONE IS PERFECT?. You yourself are you perfect?, I bet your ex might have had complains about you too but might not want to run away due to the strong faith and feelings he had for the relationship, think about that and stop pretending if you dont love him.

You'd better dont bite more of what you can chew.
You are very correct...
she wants to go back to him as her last resort,since the new guy who promised her marriage has fuucccked and dumped her...remember a lady cant stay for a whole year without being in a relationship...they hardly do without sex.

(1) (Reply)

Plz Help : Am Not Trying To Expose My Friend / Prophet David Abiola's Shocking Prophesy Concerning Nigeria / Busty Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.