Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,397 members, 7,881,441 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:40 PM

How I Stopped Work On A Charity Project – Alibaba Recounts Ordeal With Area Boys - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How I Stopped Work On A Charity Project – Alibaba Recounts Ordeal With Area Boys (483 Views)

Taiwo 'Ogogo' Hassan Beat Up Area Boys Trying to Extort Him / Portable Fights With Area Boys In Ota, Ogun State (Photos) / Regina Askia And Her Daughter, Teesa Williams Stun At A Charity Event (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Stopped Work On A Charity Project – Alibaba Recounts Ordeal With Area Boys by mailtimi(m): 10:00pm On Sep 13, 2019
Popular comedian Alibaba has recounted his experience in the hands of area boys who always expect you to pay them before doing any project in their area

This was following politician and nairabet CEO Akin Alabi’s revelation on how he diverted the transformer he bought for a community to another community when the area boys said they had to pay before installing the transformer

Alibaba wrote:

Date 2014: @shakarad1st remember that giant pothole that I paid for tippers to fill with broken blocks and rubble on that road with Excel Hotel in Warri?
_
I had sent @mosusuemevor and @shakarad1st to go buy me fresh bread from #EfeAfe’s hotel. And they took too long. I called and was told the gullies on the road were too deep and caused a gridlock. So I went to see the spots.
_
We calculated a few tippers of rubble and broken blocks will get the traffic flowing again. So we paid for some trips and said they could keep filling them till the road was level and motorible.
_
The first tipper arrived and as he was reversing to tip the first trip, he was stopped, dragged out of the truck and thoroughly beaten. They said the contractor had to settle them first.
_
Can’t remember who came to call me. When I got there, the driver had a swollen lip and there were several “youth members” who had come to share in the “deve” that was yo be shared.
_
I introduced myself and asked why they stopped him from filling the holes. The leader, first had to calm his people down, because they were ready to beat their fada, before he spoke.
_
I can’t start the project without settling the youths. They were 3 groups. I said, oh I didn’t know. The noise started again. One said I was lucky they did not burn the tipper.
_
So I asked my guys, how many trips had they paid for, (can’t remember how many they said now)?
_
I now explained that it was not a contract or government project. That I was doing from my pocket. And thought this would make them see it was privately sponsored. I was so wrong. They flared. Threatened. And I said, “E never reach to vex. The money for the rubble na MY own. The road na OUR own. So, make we wait make government BRING OUR OWN money to fix am.”
_
Told the tipper driver to return his rubble. Dashed him what was paid before and went back to my hotel.
_
E no reach to cause fight

Read more: https://naijalog.com/how-i-stopped-work-on-a-charity-road-project-alibaba-recounts-ordeal-with-area-boys/
Re: How I Stopped Work On A Charity Project – Alibaba Recounts Ordeal With Area Boys by GOFRONT(m): 10:04pm On Sep 13, 2019
Chaii.... They need 'Deve'?.....It is called Deve..
Re: How I Stopped Work On A Charity Project – Alibaba Recounts Ordeal With Area Boys by Nobody: 10:09pm On Sep 13, 2019
I too like Bros Ali awon werey oshi would be blaming government up and down ...make they dey enjoy the bad road
Re: How I Stopped Work On A Charity Project – Alibaba Recounts Ordeal With Area Boys by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 13, 2019
So unfortunate however this news is slate
Re: How I Stopped Work On A Charity Project – Alibaba Recounts Ordeal With Area Boys by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:31pm On Sep 13, 2019
Oga Alibaba Sori about the terrible experience u just narrated.

This is what happens when people recklessly bring plenty pikins into the world with absolutely no plan for them at all.

It very clear that those persons have lost their minds. They are no different from book Haram.
Re: How I Stopped Work On A Charity Project – Alibaba Recounts Ordeal With Area Boys by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 13, 2019
Na so e just be for street .
Especially Lagos.

Omonile ati awon Baale go show you pepper.

(1) (Reply)

Our Love Isn’t Perfect ! - Annie Idibia Sends 2baba Sweetest Birthday Message / "We Should Open A Church"zlatan Ibile To Brodashaggi As He Performs Gospel Songs / [latest Video] 10 Evil Things Revealed About Michael Jackson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.