Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,337 members, 7,971,195 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 03:53 AM

What Are Your Kids Learning In School? See This! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are Your Kids Learning In School? See This! (1024 Views)

My Worst Enemy In School Turned My Husband- Lady / About To Divorce My Husband Who Sponsored Me In School. / Would You Dress Your Kids Like This? See Reactions (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Your Kids Learning In School? See This! by GreatResearcher: 6:31pm On Sep 15, 2019
I was at a family friend's house today. I met his kid doing her home work. She brought it to me to assist at the process, I went through her notes.

In her Basic Science she was taught that evaporation and condensation of water formed rain that falls from the cloud.

In her Religious Studies she was taught that God created rain and and make the rain to fall from heaven.
Re: What Are Your Kids Learning In School? See This! by Nwodosis(m): 6:33pm On Sep 15, 2019
Which religion says that rain falls from heaven?
Re: What Are Your Kids Learning In School? See This! by GreatResearcher: 6:41pm On Sep 15, 2019
Nwodosis:
Which religion says that rain falls from heaven?
The dumbest one of course.
Re: What Are Your Kids Learning In School? See This! by NGRsenate: 6:51pm On Sep 15, 2019
I argue kids should be taught science when they’re much younger and be introduced to religion when their brains are mature enough to think with some level of rationalization.

Teaching them science at an early age will make them reason properly, improve their curiosity, help their imagination reach complex levels which will in turn fuel their creativity.

But look at children who have been fed religion; they’re usually dull, they always look sad, they are not curious etc

My own observation though

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Kids Learning In School? See This! by bukatyne(f): 9:51pm On Sep 15, 2019
GreatResearcher:
I was at a family friend's house today. I met his kid doing her home work. She brought it to me to assist at the process, I went through her notes.

A. In her Basic Science she was taught that evaporation and condensation of water formed rain that falls from the cloud.

B. In her Religious Studies she was taught that God created rain and and make the rain to fall from heaven.

Is any of then wrong?

A answers how
B answers who

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Kids Learning In School? See This! by bukatyne(f): 9:52pm On Sep 15, 2019
NGRsenate:
I argue kids should be taught science when they’re much younger and be introduced to religion when their brains are mature enough to think with some level of rationalization.

Teaching them science at an early age will make them reason properly, improve their curiosity, help their imagination reach complex levels which will in turn fuel their creativity.

But look at children who have been fed religion; they’re usually dull, they always look sad, they are not curious etc

My own observation though

Not religion's fault.
Re: What Are Your Kids Learning In School? See This! by NGRsenate: 10:01pm On Sep 15, 2019
bukatyne:

Not religion's fault.

Who’s fault then?
Re: What Are Your Kids Learning In School? See This! by GreatResearcher: 10:58pm On Sep 15, 2019
bukatyne:

Is any of then wrong?
A answers how B answers who
God didn't create rain. Also, rain doesn't fall from heaven
Re: What Are Your Kids Learning In School? See This! by capnies: 8:01pm On Sep 16, 2019
GreatResearcher:

God didn't create rain. Also, rain doesn't fall from heaven
Who created rain?
Anything from above is regarded as heaven
Re: What Are Your Kids Learning In School? See This! by NGRsenate: 8:59am On Sep 17, 2019
Religion shouldn’t even be a subject in schools.

It should be scrapped. I don’t see it’s importance
Re: What Are Your Kids Learning In School? See This! by OlawaleBammie: 9:56am On Sep 17, 2019
GreatResearcher:
The dumbest one of course.

Oga greatresearcher or na wetin u call ur name...??

Lemme tell u dis, either u bliv in God or not, it doesnt change His position, either u hate Him or not it doesnt move him, either u revere Him or nt ur opinion is not needed in His supremacy... why?? ....because u re too small, as in, okere ninu eyaa juda

I dont knw d religion u call d dumbest anyway but am sure its either Christianity or Islam, if u re brainy, sorry to say dis to u sir.. but pls lemme say it, i mean if u hav sense of reasoning, a functioning system, coloured eyes (cus am sure ur eyes are in black and white), if u re nt psychologically reduced u wil knw dat der must b a supreme being somewhere.

ur brain should tell u dat notin hapend by chance or whatsoever, Somebody created this earth if we assume u dont beliv der is heaven. And dat person decv to b revered in whatever way leaving no religion a dumbest.

What are u sayin?? do u tink at all?? u feel and breathe the nature everyday of ur life and u tink its one scientist dat created the soil, oxygen(air), trees, oceans, aquariums, ghosts, humans, space, sun, moon and all, do u tink at all??

if u want to unleash ur anger den knw d appropriate qtrs to direct it to na, habaa!!

hey!! am nt a religion fanatics, infact my faith is limited and am a free tinker BUT!! I revere God cus i knws someone is behind the makings of d nature in as much as Toyota are behind diff kind of exotic cars...

Am nt sayin u should bliv in God but just bliv der is One supreme being behind the happenings of d nature and the Person derv to b served in a diverse ways(religion) .

soo dont call any religion d dumbest. gracias.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

24-year-old Man Marries 81-year-old Woman To Avoid Military Service / Fairly Furnished Studio Apartment Available For Short Let In Ajah, Lagos. / Mixed Reactions As A Kind Man Allows Children To Watch Tv In His Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.