Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,117 members, 7,973,751 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 05:08 AM

Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? (21818 Views)

Egbeda, Lagos Roads Flooded (Video) / Keke, Okada Back On Lagos Roads, One Month After Ban / Pictures Of EPE, LAGOS Roads At Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by ajani68: 3:27pm On Oct 07, 2019
Omooba77:
Last two days has been hectic in Lagos due to bad road networks and road falling uncontrollably.

Not bad roads alone, it was caused by stoppage of the train that comes from ijoko in Ogun state, thousands of people now comes to Lagos with their vehicles, come to sango as early as 4:00am and see vehicular movement, that is how it will be until the train service restored.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by Sagay212: 4:16pm On Oct 07, 2019
kemmylove101:

Then stop complaining if you cant sacrifice anything for your country

Use your head...It's not for decoration.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by bayelsaowei(m): 4:17pm On Oct 07, 2019
Nigeria is a cursed nation

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 07, 2019
Lagos roads are soo bad now. an intervention is needed...
Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by hermesprogidy(m): 4:20pm On Oct 07, 2019
question is who spewing sand and gravel on Lagos roads and calling it road rehabilitation? Nigeria is a huge scam.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by dallyemmy: 4:21pm On Oct 07, 2019
Ambode?
Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by hermesprogidy(m): 4:22pm On Oct 07, 2019
ajani68:

Not bad roads alone, it was caused by stoppage of the train that comes from ijoko in Ogun state, thousands of people now comes to Lagos with their vehicles, come to sango as early as 4:00am and see vehicular movement, that is how it will be until the train service restored.
Please tell us another lie.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by TeamSimple(m): 4:23pm On Oct 07, 2019
Sanwo will be the undoin of APC in Lagos state

1 Like

Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by lomprico(m): 4:24pm On Oct 07, 2019
buhari
Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 07, 2019
Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by penguinpikin: 4:31pm On Oct 07, 2019
Lagos rain is like shovel , it digs up the roads. Poor quality from contractors. we never see flood the road don spoil. common 30 minutes rain all the road will go bad. Mr Sanwo Olu still rehearsing how to start to work
Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by tioles: 4:31pm On Oct 07, 2019
If you want to fix road,is it during raining season you fix your road.
Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by hakimi1974(m): 4:33pm On Oct 07, 2019
The roads in Lagos is appalling, with the amount of i.g.r generated by lagos the state has no business with bad roads. It is really appalling.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by airminem(f): 4:36pm On Oct 07, 2019
Right step
Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by richiepolymer(m): 4:41pm On Oct 07, 2019
Enjoy your Governor oh.
All because of someone's 2023 ambition, lagos is on lockdown. Stagnation everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by Mightyeagle: 4:42pm On Oct 07, 2019
Are you a learner?

All the roads been fixed on Twitter, others got palliative measures, will soon manifest in reality.

Follow @LSPWC_Official on Twitter to see by yourself.

Iyana Ejigbo bus stop is hell.
and in its worst state.
sometimes i begin to think and image if we
really have a govt.
Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by Beautyaddy: 4:44pm On Oct 07, 2019
tioles:
If you want to fix road,is it during raining season you fix your road.

What a very dumb question embarassed

Does it rain everyday during raining season

4 Likes

Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by 3kay945(m): 4:49pm On Oct 07, 2019
bayelsaowei:
Nigeria is a cursed nation

I used to think so, but since God hasn't failed me, I will rather say it is in our DNA to be suffering and smiling.
Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by LegendHero(m): 4:51pm On Oct 07, 2019
This is the calendar of the LSPWC for roads construction around lagos for today.

Lagos Abeokuta expressway below:

Our problem in Nigeria is so complex such that even if a Jesus/Mohammed come down to rule us there will still be complaint. A governor not up to 8month is getting all these complaints that he should fix all the Lagos road within that period?

Haba Nigerians and their highly ridiculous expectations.

Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by 3kay945(m): 4:53pm On Oct 07, 2019
Beautyaddy:

What a very dumb question embarassed

Does it rain everyday during raining season

This is the same moronic excuse I heard the governor said some weeks ago.

In 2019? I just shook my head.
Serious government around the world are going for artificial intelligence now, ours can't fix simple road.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by LegendHero(m): 4:55pm On Oct 07, 2019
Iyana Ejigbo Junction

Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by LegendHero(m): 4:59pm On Oct 07, 2019
We are our problem, we don’t offer constructive criticism in Nigeria, it’s about condemning everything everytime ever since 1900. I understand the frustration is much but sometimes we gotta be at least reasonable in criticism coz why can you start to judge a governor that hasn’t even used up to a year.

Nigeria with the rubbish 90 day report sheet that hasn’t yield any meaningful result but mediocre. Which nation builds everything in 3 month to judge a sitting governor!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by babajeje123(m): 4:59pm On Oct 07, 2019
LegendHero:
This is the calendar of the LSPWC for roads construction around lagos for today.

Lagos Abeokuta expressway below:

Our problem in Nigeria is so complex such that even if a Jesus/Mohammed come down to rule us there will still be complaint. A governor not up to 8month is getting all these complaints that he should fix all the Lagos road within that period?

Haba Nigerians and their highly ridiculous expectations.
Please come off it! This is nothing but absolute falsehood peddled by LSPWC. Only God knows the number of times they have posted this schedule about Sangotedo - Epe road but nothing was done. Last week Wednesday, I had to take a bike of 1k from Abraham Adesanya to Sangotedo. The same thing on Friday and I got home at 11:15pm. The present government is uninspiring.

6 Likes

Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by Revolva(m): 5:03pm On Oct 07, 2019
If u ask me na who I go ask
Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by LegendHero(m): 5:05pm On Oct 07, 2019
babajeje123:

Please come off it! This is nothing but absolute falsehood peddled by LSPWC. Only God knows the number of times they have posted this schedule about Sangotedo - Epe road but nothing was done. Last week Wednesday, I had to take a bike of 1k from Abraham Adesanya to Sangotedo. The same thing on Friday and I got home at 11:15pm. The present government is inspiring.

Bro I understand you perfectly and I feel where you’re coming from. But I’m just trying to point out one fundamental issue wrong with Nigerians which is about expecting miracle without trying to follow the normal logic of life.

You can argue they haven’t finished the road you’re talking about but at least they are trying and uploading their activities online daily. Do you mean they will finish palliative work on a road in one day? NO it’s a gradual process.

I know you’re criticizing them out of love but it’s wrong for some people to condemn the governor totally even within few months. Isn’t that the same thing Buhari tricked us with after fake promises which people believed in $1-#1
Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by Beautyaddy: 5:05pm On Oct 07, 2019
LegendHero:
Iyana Ejigbo Junction

Oh my my

Is that what they are using to repair all those very bad and deteriorating roads now

What a complete shame embarassed

How long will those graveled stones last to keep those dip-holes in those roads from getting bad again

1 Like

Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by Bbbwings: 5:07pm On Oct 07, 2019
Animals deserve better
Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by LegendHero(m): 5:09pm On Oct 07, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Oh my my

Is that what they are using to repair all those very bad and deteriorating roads now

What a complete shame embarassed

How long will those graveled stones last to keep those dip-holes in those roads from getting bad again

Let’s ask eachother one question. There is nearly several hundreds of bad roads in Lagos that needs critical attention right. As a governor if you try concentrating on let’s say 50 at once, there will be other roads where people will be clamoring for you to also work on and the effect of the repair of one of the roads will be felt on the other (traffic due to construction).

So as an administrator, isn’t it better to at least block some pothole first for some road to make them easy enough for motorists even if it’s with palliative care.

Resources are limited and government needs to be proactive in trying to please people even if the strength isn’t enough. So why are you blaming them for carrying out palliative care. Do you mean they will start re-building all the roads in Lagos at once?

Question: If you are governors with limited resources and manpower, how will you deal with the construction of all major roads in Lagos within 8 month?
Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by babajeje123(m): 5:10pm On Oct 07, 2019
LegendHero:

Bro I understand you perfectly and I feel where you’re coming from. But I’m just trying to point out one fundamental issue wrong with Nigerians which is about expecting miracle without trying to follow the normal logic of life.

You can argue they haven’t finished the road you’re talking about but at least they are trying and uploading their activities online daily. Do you mean they will finish palliative work on a road in one day? NO it’s a gradual process.

I know you’re criticizing them out of love but it’s wrong for some people to condemn the governor totally even within few months. Isn’t that the same thing Buhari tricked us with after fake promises which people believed in $1-#1
Come on bro, they aren't doing any bull shit for that side. They will come and pour sand which will be washed away immediately it rains. I'm not expecting them to perform any miracle but I expect them to do the jobs they promised to do. Lagos has not had it this bad!

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by LegendHero(m): 5:12pm On Oct 07, 2019
babajeje123:

Come on bro, they aren't doing any bull shit for that side. They will come and pour sand which will be washed away immediately it rains. I'm not expecting them to perform any miracle but I expect them to do the jobs they promised to do. Lagos has not had it this bad!

Alright I got you
Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by azpekuliar: 5:17pm On Oct 07, 2019
Ladipodeal:

Are you a learner?

All the roads been fixed on Twitter, others got palliative measures, will soon manifest in reality.

Follow @LSPWC_Official on Twitter to see by yourself.

Please shut your trap!

This morning on my way to work, that terrible spot at Bolade along the Agege motor road inwards Mushin almost ripped my entire front bumper apart.

To add insult to injury I was harrased by about 4 area boys who kept chanting “e fun wa lo wo”, “e fun wa lo wo” when I stopped to assess the damage.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Going For PLAB Exam And Abandoning Residency Program in Nigeria / Fatal Accident Between Truck And Keke Leaves Two Dead In Imo State. Photos / Best Asian Country For A Nigerian To Hustle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.