Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,870 members, 7,889,912 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 01:08 AM

What To Pack If Relocating Abroad! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What To Pack If Relocating Abroad! (1988 Views)

"You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady / Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? / If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Pack If Relocating Abroad! by Dearmama360: 5:14pm On Sep 16, 2019
Re: What To Pack If Relocating Abroad! by Dearmama360: 5:15pm On Sep 16, 2019
First for your carry – on:
Passport
Electronic Travel Authorization
Plane Tickets
Conformation of Permanent Residency (COPR) document, if applicable
Cash (Canadian dollars)
Phone numbers and addresses of loved ones in Canada
Motion Sickness Medication
Daily medications
Baby food (If you are in my shoes)
A change of underwear
Facial wipes
Camera
Few toiletries (depending on the airline)
Phone Chargers
Magazines, games, books, kindle or any other thing that keeps you occupied
Jacket and sweaters (cabins of some aircraft can be really chilly)

3 Likes

Re: What To Pack If Relocating Abroad! by Dearmama360: 5:16pm On Sep 16, 2019
Then for the luggage, here are the things I packed:
Crayfish* (I took enough of crayfish. I could have taken even more, winter is good for the crayfish, it won’t go bad nor spoil due to the cold weather, so take as much as you can so that your food will keep having naija flavor, many months after you have landed)
Dried Ground Crayfish
Dried Ground Crayfish
Dried ground Melon*
Dried ground Ogbono*
Dried ground Pepper*
Dried ground Achi*
Garri (I brought small because it has weight. I wish I took more along, cos summer gets so hot that you will long for soaked garri and groundnuts in cold water)
Dried ground Ehuru
Dried ground Uziza seeds
Dried ground Utazi leaves
Dried ground Uziza leaves
Dried ground Bitter leaves*
Salt (yes o…I took 4 sachets of salt, just in case there are no salt in Canada…lol)
Dried Bonga fish* (Pack moderately large quantity, relative to your family size. I came with a large family, so I could have packed a sizable quantity. Only ensure that the dry fish is neatly packed in a transparent cellophane. I wish I knew what a Ziploc bag meant back in Nigeria. Here, abroad, nearly everything can be packed in a small, medium or large Ziploc. Anyway, I used the normal large sized white transparent cellophane, we have in Nigeria)

4 Likes

Re: What To Pack If Relocating Abroad! by Charleys: 5:23pm On Sep 16, 2019
Your site will go far, because you've done this

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Gay Nigerian, Chika Nwafor Visits Nigeria With German Husband / All You Need To Know About Indian Visa Application Procedure / Drone View Of Orlu Town In Imo State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.