Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,176 members, 7,950,070 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 07:49 AM

Death Is Not The End! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Death Is Not The End! (609 Views)

The Fear Of Death Is The Beginning Of Wisdom For The Atheist / Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists / Carlos Roe The Goalkeeper Who Rejected Man United To Await The End Of The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Death Is Not The End! by kpakpandoN(m): 6:52am On Sep 17, 2019
Those who consider suicide as a viable option for handling the hardships of life do not realise that death is not the end of life. In other words, there is life after death. Job was a man who held on to this truth, even though he faced unprecedented calamities in his life. He said in Job 19:26:
“And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:”
There are two benefits of knowing and accepting that death is not the end of everything in life. One of these is that a person is compelled to behave wisely, knowing that he or she will face God’s judgment after death. Hebrews 9:27 says:
“And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:”
Also, when we realise that death is not the end of everything, it gives us hope of a better life beyond this world. This hope kept Job going in spite of the tragedies that befell him (Job 19:25-27)

I am happy to announce to you that not only is there life after death, there is also a coming event called the resurrection of the dead. The remarkable thing about the resurrection of the dead is that not only shall the just resurrect, the unjust shall also be resurrected to receive the rewards of their deeds in this world. Jesus said in Revelation 22:12:
“And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.”
Armed with this knowledge, if I were you, I would engage in good works that would earn me great rewards when Jesus returns.

Are you going through any form of affliction at the moment? You need to know that it will not last through eternity. Indeed, it has its own expiry date. So, don’t give up; just keep pressing forward towards the finishing line. Our Lord is coming soon to wipe away all your tears. Are you contemplating suicide as a means of escaping your crisis? Please don’t think of it anymore, because death is not the end of everything. All you need to do is reflect on the manner of life you have lived hitherto, and this will help you identify those things that are responsible for your present predicament. Once you ascertain those things, lay them all at the foot of the cross of Jesus Christ. Don’t ever believe that suicide is an escape route from crisis. Eternal crisis is awaiting everyone who refuses the salvation that Christ’s atoning work has earned for mankind. Have you received this precious gift? Accept Jesus into your life today and let His atoning Blood wash away your past into the sea of forgetfulness. Receive the peace of God into your life today in Jesus’ Name.
Written by Pastor E.A. Areboye.

2 Likes

Re: Death Is Not The End! by Gideon97(m): 10:00am On Sep 19, 2019
How do you know. Like how do you know anything of what you believe or say is true?
Re: Death Is Not The End! by LordReed(m): 10:09am On Sep 19, 2019
Rubbish! Suicide bombers firmly believe in life after death that's why they suicide!

2 Likes

Re: Death Is Not The End! by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 19, 2019
kpakpandoN:
Those who consider suicide as a viable option for handling the hardships of life do not realise that death is not the end of life. In other words, there is life after death. Job was a man who held on to this truth, even though he faced unprecedented calamities in his life. He said in Job 19:26:
“And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:”
There are two benefits of knowing and accepting that death is not the end of everything in life. One of these is that a person is compelled to behave wisely, knowing that he or she will face God’s judgment after death. Hebrews 9:27 says:
Also, when we realise that death is not the end of everything, it gives us hope of a better life beyond this world. This hope kept Job going in spite of the tragedies that befell him (Job 19:25-27)

I am happy to announce to you that not only is there life after death, there is also a coming event called the resurrection of the dead. The remarkable thing about the resurrection of the dead is that not only shall the just resurrect, the unjust shall also be resurrected to receive the rewards of their deeds in this world. Jesus said in Revelation 22:12:
“And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.”
Armed with this knowledge, if I were you, I would engage in good works that would earn me great rewards when Jesus returns.

Are you going through any form of affliction at the moment? You need to know that it will not last through eternity. Indeed, it has its own expiry date. So, don’t give up; just keep pressing forward towards the finishing line. Our Lord is coming soon to wipe away all your tears. Are you contemplating suicide as a means of escaping your crisis? Please don’t think of it anymore, because death is not the end of everything. All you need to do is reflect on the manner of life you have lived hitherto, and this will help you identify those things that are responsible for your present predicament. Once you ascertain those things, lay them all at the foot of the cross of Jesus Christ. Don’t ever believe that suicide is an escape route from crisis. Eternal crisis is awaiting everyone who refuses the salvation that Christ’s atoning work has earned for mankind. Have you received this precious gift? Accept Jesus into your life today and let His atoning Blood wash away your past into the sea of forgetfulness. Receive the peace of God into your life today in Jesus’ Name.

Job only believed in the RESURRECTION of the dead! Job 14:14-15 compared to John 5:28-29, Act 24:15

Just as first century Christians also believed in the resurrection of the dead! John 11: 24

Death is actually the final destination for all those who disregards God's word! Genesis 3:17-19, Romans 6:7,23

And the dead are unconscious, they don't know anything, neither can they feel anything, all what they knew while alive perishes at death! Ecclesiastes 9:5-10

The power {spirit} to rejuvenate their lifeless body to make it start working again is in God's hands! Psalms 146:4, Ecclesiastes 12:7

All these Pastors are just repeating the false traditional doctrines Catholics church fathers got from Greek philosophers, they don't understand God's word! Mark 7:7

God bless you!smiley
Re: Death Is Not The End! by Emusan(m): 4:07pm On Sep 19, 2019
kpakpandoN:

Apostle Paul has said it all

1 Corinthians 15:19 "If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable."
Re: Death Is Not The End! by Emusan(m): 4:08pm On Sep 19, 2019
Gideon97:
How do you know. Like how do you know anything of what you believe or sY is true?

Because people who are spiritually inclined have experienced it themselves.
Re: Death Is Not The End! by Gideon97(m): 8:23pm On Sep 19, 2019
Emusan:

Because people who are spiritually inclined have experienced it themselves.
And we should follow these people based on spiritual experiences they claimed they've had? I'm sorry, if these people cant give any tangable observable evidence for their claims then what good are they? A christian's word is just as good as muslim's or a Hindu's.
Re: Death Is Not The End! by Emusan(m): 9:31pm On Sep 19, 2019
Gideon97:
And we should follow these people based on spiritual experiences they claimed they've had? I'm sorry, if these people cant give any tangable observable evidence for their claims then what good are they? A christian's word is just as good as muslim's or a Hindu's.

@bold especially @underlined is where you missed it.

Nobody says you should FOLLOW ANYBODY but that you yourself can experience it if you follow the procedure.

The difference between Christianity and the ones you mentioned is that, The true God of the universe has been manifesting Himself to different people from different tribe, nation and race for ages.
Re: Death Is Not The End! by Gideon97(m): 10:39am On Sep 20, 2019
Emusan:

Nobody says you should FOLLOW ANYBODY but that you yourself can experience it if you follow the procedure.

The difference between Christianity and the ones you mentioned is that, The true God of the universe has been manifesting Himself to different people from different tribe, nation and race for ages.

Yes they do. Christians want us to believe in and follow christ. Churches evangelise and want us to join/follow them. The gospel gives a mandate to go out and preach to the world. So what you say is nonsense.

"The true God of the Universe has been manifesting Himself to different people from different tribes, nation and race for ages"

This one is absolutely just pure bullshit. If this were true, then Jesus wouldn't have needed to send his followers to preach and spread it through out the world. Before christianity came sub-saharan Africa, why weren't there any christians? Why weren't there any christians in the America's before the Europeans arrived? Why weren't there any christians in Asia?(and there are still not much today) or Australia? Why didn't he manifest himself to these people before humans carrying the religion came in contact with them?

1 Like

Re: Death Is Not The End! by Shepherd00: 5:49pm On Sep 20, 2019
Gideon97:

No body is forcing you to believe their claims.
Re: Death Is Not The End! by Shepherd00: 5:50pm On Sep 20, 2019
Emusan:

He just did to an imam just this last Muslims fasting.
Re: Death Is Not The End! by Shepherd00: 5:53pm On Sep 20, 2019
Gideon97:

Yes they do. Christians want us to believe in and follow christ. Churches evangelise and want us to join/follow them. The gospel gives a mandate to go out and preach to the world. So what you say is nonsense.

"The true God of the Universe has been manifesting Himself to different people from different tribes, nation and race for ages"

This one is absolutely just pure bullshit. If this were true, then Jesus wouldn't have needed to send his followers to preach and spread it through out the world. Before christianity came sub-saharan Africa, why weren't there any christians? Why weren't there any christians in the America's before the Europeans arrived? Why weren't there any christians in Asia?(and there are still not much today) or Australia? Why didn't he manifest himself to these people before humans carrying the religion came in contact with them?
It's good you said Jesus sent His Disciples to Preach the gospel not impose the gospel on people.

Since you disbelieved, has anyone done any harm to you? Why shd we?
Re: Death Is Not The End! by Gideon97(m): 9:46pm On Sep 20, 2019
Shepherd00:

It's good you said Jesus sent His Disciples to Preach the gospel not impose the gospel on people.

Since you disbelieved, has anyone done any harm to you? Why shd we?

I don't understand the first part of your post, are you refuting anything i said?

"Since you disbelieved, has anyone done any harm to you?"

I don't advertise my atheism in the real world because we live in a very religous society and i will be ostracized by it if they know. But religion harms soceity as a whole. If religions were just about people finding peace and deeper meaning to existence then i would mind my business and leave people to go their way. But it's not.
Religion actively offers it's own explanation for the universe which largely go against scientific knowledge we have now. Any thing that contradicts religious texts becomes a controversial topic and becomes more difficult to diffuse into society because people are reluctant to accept it (e.g theory of evolution).
It also dictates how people should live their lives and these mandates are often rigid and based on outdated views made by outdated people (e.g Sharia) .
And lastly it's used as a tool to embezzle the masses. Look at the unholy amount of churches we have today in Nigeria, with more springing up. These people preach their lies and tell the people that God, who is supposed to be the creator of universe, need their tithes and offerings for some reason. We have pastors becoming multimillonaires off the backs of the poor congregations. And they're treated like some kind of rockstars.

1 Like

Re: Death Is Not The End! by Shepherd00: 1:01pm On Sep 21, 2019
Gideon97:

I don't understand the first part of your post, are you refuting anything i said?

"Since you disbelieved, has anyone done any harm to you?"

I don't advertise my atheism in the real world because we live in a very religous society and i will be ostracized by it if they know. But religion harms soceity as a whole. If religions were just about people finding peace and deeper meaning to existence then i would mind my business and leave people to go their way. But it's not.
Religion actively offers it's own explanation for the universe which largely go against scientific knowledge we have now. Any thing that contradicts religious texts becomes a controversial topic and becomes more difficult to diffuse into society because people are reluctant to accept it (e.g theory of evolution).
It also dictates how people should live their lives and these mandates are often rigid and based on outdated views made by outdated people (e.g Sharia) .
And lastly it's used as a tool to embezzle the masses. Look at the unholy amount of churches we have today in Nigeria, with more springing up. These people preach their lies and tell the people that God, who is supposed to be the creator of universe, need their tithes and offerings for some reason. We have pastors becoming multimillonaires off the backs of the poor congregations. And they're treated like some kind of rockstars.

I didn't ask you why you are an atheist, I asked you if anyone has harmed you since you became a rebel.

1 Like

Re: Death Is Not The End! by Gideon97(m): 11:16pm On Sep 21, 2019
Shepherd00:

I didn't ask you why you are an atheist, I asked you if anyone has harmed you since you became a rebel.

No, no one has harmed me. I stated that the reason for this is because i keep my atheism a secret because we live in a very religious society which would ostracize me if i came out. I went further to mention how religion hurts society as a whole. These are not the reasons why i became an atheist.

I am not a rebel. I am someone who disbelieve. Pls try and understand. Atheism is not an active thing, it's passive. I don't put in effort to become atheist, i simply just don't believe because i haven't found credible evidence for anything religion claims. The same way you don't put effort in your disbelief of Zeus,unicorns and dragons is the same way i don't put effort in disbelieving Jesus Christ as the son of God or the Ark-building Noah. If God truly created us then he'd understand that not everyone would believe something just based on faith alone.
Re: Death Is Not The End! by Shepherd00: 1:31pm On Sep 22, 2019
Gideon97:

No, no one has harmed me. I stated that the reason for this is because i keep my atheism a secret because we live in a very religious society which would ostracize me if i came out. I went further to mention how religion hurts society as a whole. These are not the reasons why i became an atheist.

I am not a rebel. I am someone who disbelieve. Pls try and understand. Atheism is not an active thing, it's passive. I don't put in effort to become atheist, i simply just don't believe because i haven't found credible evidence for anything religion claims. The same way you don't put effort in your disbelief of Zeus,unicorns and dragons is the same way i don't put effort in disbelieving Jesus Christ as the son of God or the Ark-building Noah. If God truly created us then he'd understand that not everyone would believe something just based on faith alone.
Why not declare your unbelief publicly and see how many people wld care. HappyPagan did and no one had harmed him.

God does not expect everyone to believe Him that's why there are sons of perdition and vessels fitted for destruction. Vessels like you who, no matter what, wld decide to go to hell.

While on Evangelism, if I meet your kind, I don't waste my time to engage, I just move on and allow you prepare for the flames.

Good luck with the flames, for this is my last response to you.

(1) (Reply)

When God Says "Wait" / Adekunle Gold Offers Pastor Sam Adeyemi Beer, Check Out Pastor’s Response. / Fulani Man Feared Dead After Converting To Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.