Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,375 members, 7,901,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 09:25 PM

ECOWAS Appeals To Nigeria To Reopen Borders   - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ECOWAS Appeals To Nigeria To Reopen Borders   (38545 Views)

I Am Determined To Fight Insecurity, Reopen Borders – Peter Obi / I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London / Border Closure: Nigeria Lists Conditions To Reopen Borders With Neighbours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ECOWAS Appeals To Nigeria To Reopen Borders   by SouthSouth1914: 1:56pm On Sep 17, 2019
madenigga:

Stop talking like a f00l

Please direct your grievances to buhari not me!
Re: ECOWAS Appeals To Nigeria To Reopen Borders   by haaryobhami: 1:58pm On Sep 17, 2019
I graduated from a school in Benin republic ,buhari should plz not open the border,make there economy crumble.
those leeches smuggle rice and petrol freely ND they tax us Nigeria students for everything even house paint get tax,yet they disrespect us .
have always said if I ever rule Nigeria I'll close that border for at least 2 Years and deal with the ungrateful cuntts
am no buhari fan but I support this 101%.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ECOWAS Appeals To Nigeria To Reopen Borders   by kheny12(m): 1:59pm On Sep 17, 2019
sparko1:

Suffer what? You have no idea the damage done with this free trade shit, they just use us and call us shit hoe, 90% of the revenue the get throughout west Africa is from Nigeria, even that stupid Ghana that are making mouth, when we close our border for a year, we will adjust and face out problem squarely.
Yes that stupid Ghana,They will now know that Nigeria is their big brother.Enemies of Nigeria.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ECOWAS Appeals To Nigeria To Reopen Borders   by kheny12(m): 2:01pm On Sep 17, 2019
haaryobhami:
I graduated from a school in Benin republic of,buhari should plz not open the border,make there economy crumble.
those leeches smuggle rice and petrol freely ND they tax us Nigeria students for everything even house paint get tax,yet they disrespect us .
have always said if I ever rule Nigeria I'll close that border for at least 2 Years and deal with the ungrateful cuntts
you graduated from Benin republic of what.pls complete your sentences before jumping into another.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Appeals To Nigeria To Reopen Borders   by EagleNest(m): 2:04pm On Sep 17, 2019
They would have closed this border even before election. I have never seen a country with such a relaxed border security as Nigeria. All sorts of elements go in and outof the border unhindered.

7 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Appeals To Nigeria To Reopen Borders   by Charly68: 2:05pm On Sep 17, 2019
When you hear ECOWAS making noise,it means Nigeria is getting it right ..Ride on Mr President,please no sentiment until our economic policies start bearing fruits

11 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Appeals To Nigeria To Reopen Borders   by haaryobhami: 2:11pm On Sep 17, 2019
Nigeria should plz pull out of Ecowas and AU. The stupid union doesn't benefit us,all Africa country hate Nigeria. they just want to benefit from us,nothing more

11 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Appeals To Nigeria To Reopen Borders   by kinglee007(m): 2:15pm On Sep 17, 2019
King44:
are you expecting it to be 10 thousand before?? sure those foreign rice that find their way in should cost 10k before sure the price would sky rocket if we we can't afford it we would start paying attention to local brand of rice that are of high quality and start purchasing that is how it works

That is what a person with common sense would do and keep watching others that are not smart struggle racing with high prices of imported rice, if one could get local quality rice to consume one needs to change ones mentality

If not for the sake of I would be doing free advert I would have like to suggest some Nig brands you should give a try

Bros, the local brand rice are not yet of high quality as you think. Have you consumed it lately? Yes I quite agree that one should patronize his or her locally made products as this is what aids the development of a country. But ask yourself, is Nigeria really there yet?
Regarding the rice ban and smuggling into the country, I will appreciate if the FG had put things in place to ensure that the locally made rice matches the quality of the foreign rice. Afterall, the foreign rice is more consumed not because of it's name "Foreign" but because of the taste. As much as we want to deny this fact, most of us know that the foreign rice tastes quite better than the locally made rice. And this really should not be this way. The FG can implement a "strict monitoring team" to ensure that we get a much more healthy and pleasant rice that is quite good to consume and produced in large quantity that can accommodate much more to consume. Provide the National Association of Rice Producers the adequate funds and support it needs to ensure this is done and let them "Honestly" use these funds for the right purpose and we will see a positive change in the right direction to development. While growing up, I used to know how good the Abakaliki rice used to be. What happened then? Let me guess, not much support from the government or rather, parasitic heads placed in positions they shouldn't have been over the years fed on the funds allocated for this purpose. And as much as this government wants to put us into "the right direction" with strict polices such as the closure of borders, they need to spray the insecticide inside the house and close the doors in other to kill the mosquito parasites within. Imagine if Dangote (and his likes) was given the opportunity to go into rice production in mass. Don't you think there will be a difference? So far so good, his spaghetti, macaroni, sugar, salt and other consumable goods produced by him has to an extent matched the foreign counterparts. This is "locally made". Imagine what will happen if other major locally made rice producers follow suit. Who will complain?
Someone said something about security being curbed to an extent since the closure of the boarders. This to an extent is true. But like I said, "to an extent". Baba has a plan this I know for sure but he needs good advisers that will make his plan work.

May God Bless The Federal Republic Of Nigeria and bring back the Giant (in all areas) in us.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ECOWAS Appeals To Nigeria To Reopen Borders   by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 2:17pm On Sep 17, 2019
Let the borders remain shut indefinitely... This is by far the best decision made by this administration since elected.

Alot will happen but all will be to our benefit. Let our resources remain in the country!
Re: ECOWAS Appeals To Nigeria To Reopen Borders   by Duggedised12(f): 2:17pm On Sep 17, 2019
madenigga:

The free trade doesn't benefit us. Nigeria is more of a consuming country than a producing country.

Apart from oil Nigeria does not export any tangible thing to other countries
exactly what i just said.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Appeals To Nigeria To Reopen Borders   by GoldHorse(m): 2:18pm On Sep 17, 2019
Walahi una no well at all! Open gini?! We go soon close doors and windows join!

The only thing wey remain na for government to deal with all those saboteurs in Customs so this thing go dey more effective because I still dey see plenty rice "passing" thru my area.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ECOWAS Appeals To Nigeria To Reopen Borders   by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 2:22pm On Sep 17, 2019
GoldHorse:
Walahi una no well at all! Open gini?! We go soon close doors and windows join!

The only thing wey remain na for government to deal with all those saboteurs in Customs so this thing go dey more effective because I still dey see plenty rice "passing" thru my area.
There should be a way to call this to authorities notice. We as a people need to help the govt for this to work!

5 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Appeals To Nigeria To Reopen Borders   by King44(m): 2:22pm On Sep 17, 2019
kinglee007:

Bros, the local brand rice are not yet of high quality as you think. Have you consumed it lately? Yes I quite agree that one should patronize his or her locally made products as this is what aids the development of a country. But ask yourself, is Nigeria really there yet?
Regarding the rice ban and smuggling into the country, I will appreciate if the FG had put things in place to ensure that the locally made rice matches the quality of the foreign rice. Afterall, the foreign rice is more consumed not because of it's name "Foreign" but because of the taste. As much as we want to deny this fact, most of us know that the foreign rice tastes quite better than the locally made rice. And this really should not be this way. The FG can implement a "strict monitoring team" to ensure that we get a much more healthy and pleasant rice that is quite good to consume and produced in large quantity that can accommodate much more to consume. Provide the National Association of Rice Producers the adequate funds and support it needs to ensure this is done and let them "Honestly" use these funds for the right purpose and we will see a positive change in the right direction to development. While growing up, I used to know how good the Abakaliki rice used to be. What happened then? Let me guess, not much support from the government or rather, parasitic heads placed in positions they shouldn't have been over the years fed on the funds allocated for this purpose. And as much as this government wants to put us into "the right direction" with strict polices such as the closure of borders, they need to spray the insecticide inside the house and close the doors in other to kill the mosquito parasites within. Imagine if Dangote (and his likes) was given the opportunity to go into rice production in mass. Don't you think there will be a difference? So far so good, his spaghetti, macaroni, sugar, salt and other consumable goods produced by him has to an extent matched the foreign counterparts. This is "locally made". Imagine what will happen if other major locally made rice producers follow suit. Who will complain?
Someone said something about security being curbed to an extent since the closure of the boarders. This to an extent is true. But like I said, "to an extent". Baba has a plan this I know for sure but he needs good advisers that will make his plan work.

May God Bless The Federal Republic Of Nigeria and bring back the Giant (in all areas) in us.
I totally agree with what you said except your question is Nig there yet? this is one question that is killing this country we don't have to wait till we are there let's start from here from somewhere

3 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Appeals To Nigeria To Reopen Borders   by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 17, 2019
Sprumbaba:

I disagree. This is the time we should take advantage of the situation and get to work to export anything exportable to other part of Africa. I believe our Igbo brothers will take an advantage of this. Our government should be investing in small businesses but the only thing they are doing is handout called Tradermoni.
In taking advantage of the closed border, what do you think can be exported to other African countries?

2 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Appeals To Nigeria To Reopen Borders   by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 2:24pm On Sep 17, 2019
Angel246:
In taking advantage of the closed border, what do you think can be exported to other African countries?
Garri to Ethiopia
Re: ECOWAS Appeals To Nigeria To Reopen Borders   by kheny12(m): 2:28pm On Sep 17, 2019
Angel246:
BBnaija,just joking.
Re: ECOWAS Appeals To Nigeria To Reopen Borders   by Tomiwa69(m): 2:31pm On Sep 17, 2019
Foodforthought:

Meanwhile a bag of rice = #22,500. Na hunger go kill una
U dey craze.
So as our economy dey so u like am abi.
Oloshi.
Werey
U dey vex me die
In fact Ayilara thunder fire u.
U WANT insecurity to Continue abi
Re: ECOWAS Appeals To Nigeria To Reopen Borders   by Tomiwa69(m): 2:36pm On Sep 17, 2019
Nnukwueze:
The Nigerian government is just trying to frustrate Igbo businesses but Igbos will continue to prosper.
Father Lord
Na person born this one Soooo.

3 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Appeals To Nigeria To Reopen Borders   by FuckDaMods: 2:37pm On Sep 17, 2019
Nnukwueze:
The Nigerian government is just trying to frustrate Igbo businesses but Igbos will continue to prosper.
I'm igbo but please close that nonsense you call mouth

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: ECOWAS Appeals To Nigeria To Reopen Borders   by Tomiwa69(m): 2:41pm On Sep 17, 2019
FuckDaMods:

I'm igbo but please close that nonsense you call mouth
I tire for that mumu ooo

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Appeals To Nigeria To Reopen Borders   by kheny12(m): 2:41pm On Sep 17, 2019
Nnukwueze:
oya receive sense now.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ECOWAS Appeals To Nigeria To Reopen Borders   by psychologygh: 2:47pm On Sep 17, 2019
Nigerians are very funny. Ghanaians shut over 1,000 Nigerians petty shops and businesses in Ghana in order to protect our local petty businesses and to enforce our anti foreigner engaging in small businesses in Ghana just last year and Nigerians including your useless trade associations were crying and running to ECOWAS to protest and plead with Ghana saying ECOWAS free trade agreement buh now because you're being corrupt with useless borders,you're crying that Benin is destroying your local farmers economy because they're importing rice into your country. You see your stupid.You see Benin and Niger are infant economies so you're bullying them.Why not try that with Ghana or even your neighbor Cameroon who is not even part of ECOWAS buh is a chief smuggler in your useless country and you will see that what South Africa did to you is even small.Have you seen 10 million Nigerians running back to your country before including your stupid banks and zoo glo.And stop deceiving yourself that you supply Ghana with electricity, idiot,fool,you know Ghana even generates electricity more than you and even sells the surplus to Togo and Burkina Faso.We buy gas that you were flaring away from you not electricity dummy.And even now we produce our own gas so we no longer need your useless gas.

2 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Appeals To Nigeria To Reopen Borders   by ajl: 2:52pm On Sep 17, 2019
ORIENTATION101:
Nigerians can now see the parasitic relationship of benin and niger republic.
We pay heavily on monthly basis for fuel subsidy . They still smuggle the fuel from Nigeria to their countries without paying tax.

The pay biliions dollars annually import duties to their own govt on Rice's e. t.c .but 90% of the rice re freely smuggled into Nigeria and sold without paying tax.

But it is Nigerians that do smuggling into and out of Nigeria. Except that main beneficiaries are these neighbouring countries. Nigerians are their own enemies.
Re: ECOWAS Appeals To Nigeria To Reopen Borders   by Logobenz0: 2:55pm On Sep 17, 2019
Nnukwueze:
Nawa for you oo grin grin grin
Re: ECOWAS Appeals To Nigeria To Reopen Borders   by BabaIbo: 2:59pm On Sep 17, 2019
King44:
can they put the necessary things in place? that is another thing and another prayer point entirely, I really hope the government would

It's well
Re: ECOWAS Appeals To Nigeria To Reopen Borders   by ajl: 3:00pm On Sep 17, 2019
Nnukwueze:

How? Explain your comment. So, the country should be solely import dependent.?
Re: ECOWAS Appeals To Nigeria To Reopen Borders   by yewawa: 3:00pm On Sep 17, 2019
Open ko open ni!.The boader ramain closed.For the poor masses we should bear it biko.if the boader is not closed,my fellow Nigerians things we not change for better in this country.The have turned Nigeria to a big country that can not produce anything for her self.My dear President Buhari please do not agree with them o.
Re: ECOWAS Appeals To Nigeria To Reopen Borders   by TheAngry1: 3:06pm On Sep 17, 2019
Naijaguy123:
Thunder fire una, how can Republic of Benin suddenly become one of the highest importer of rice in the world if not because most are smuggled into Nigeria ?

Thank you o! Their father!

2 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Appeals To Nigeria To Reopen Borders   by TheAngry1: 3:11pm On Sep 17, 2019
FemiMaduka:
ECOWAS can go to hell. We can not continue to shoulder the burden of the whole sub-region. For example, we are practically paying to subsidise fuel for the whole region--our fuel find their way into black markets all over the sub-region; we can't keep being the leverage for other economies in the region; we can't continue to allow arms, terrorists, bandits and economic fugitives pour into our space... Enough!

God bless you! It is time for us to reclaim our country. They think we are a nation of 170 million fools.
They insult us and maltreat our citizens in their country, yet their economy depends on the so-called thieves.
Re: ECOWAS Appeals To Nigeria To Reopen Borders   by mbos: 3:16pm On Sep 17, 2019
Duggedised12:
Protectionism is key to self preservation . Since the beginning of time ,first world countries have always put measures in place to protect its borders and local market. Some first world countries have put punitive tarrifs as high as 21% on goods to protect their citizens from the Chinese.

These countries get to tax rice and smuggle it through the borders without paying tax to the Nigerian govt, double win for them at the expense of Nigerian economy. Watch "the deceptive promise of free trade" only then will you know these people are only using Nigeria's head with this free trade nonsense they keep reciting.
WITHOUT FREE TRADE ANY COUNTRIES ECONOMY IS DOOMED....INCLUDING DEVELOPED COUNTRIES, NOT TO TALK OF A RELATIVELY UNPRODUCTIVE ZOOLOGICAL COUNTRY LIKE NIGERIA

Re: ECOWAS Appeals To Nigeria To Reopen Borders   by Duggedised12(f): 3:18pm On Sep 17, 2019
[quote author=mbos post=82317583][/quote] a free trade with porous borders for smuggled goods is nothing but a parasitic relax either way Nigeria will loose so we might as well take down others with us if we are going down rather than all them prosper at our expense.

If they cant get their goods in through the right channel they can keep it.simple.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sowore: Chris Coons, Chuck Schumer, Karen Bass Demand For His Release / Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet / Sowore Appears In Court For The First Time Since Arrest : Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.