Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,883 members, 7,872,906 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:55 AM

EMT: Osinbajo’s Position As VP Has Become Totally Irrelevant – Afenifere - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EMT: Osinbajo’s Position As VP Has Become Totally Irrelevant – Afenifere (28764 Views)

LP To Keyamo: You Are Ridiculing Your Position As A SAN, Insulting Nigerians / Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis / Court Renews Victor Giadom's Position As Acting National Chairman Of APC. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EMT: Osinbajo’s Position As VP Has Become Totally Irrelevant – Afenifere by EAkoteyon: 9:21pm On Sep 17, 2019
People should stop saying rubbish. It was a misnomer in the first place for allowing the VP who is a Professor of Law to be leading economic team of a whole country.
Let's leave the we the economists to do the job. Economic team shouldn't be a political appointment.

Mr President just realised his errors in the first term and correcting it gradually.
This is a YES for me.

Hopefully the president will take the advice.

1 Like

Re: EMT: Osinbajo’s Position As VP Has Become Totally Irrelevant – Afenifere by Deepthoughts: 9:22pm On Sep 17, 2019
nairavsdollars:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Pan-Yoruba socio-political organisation, Afenifere on Tuesday said the dissolution of the Economic Management Team (EMT) headed by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo by President Muhammadu Buhari is clearly a vote of no confidence in a loud indictment.

Speaking in a chat with INDEPENDENT, Yinka Odumakin, the organisation’s National Publicity Secretary said Osinbajo’s position has become totally redundant and irrelevant.

“It is clearly a vote of no confidence and a loud indictment. His position has become totally redundant and irrelevant.

“Unfortunately, politicians don’t relinquish positions here except they are forced out,” he said.
https://www.independent.ng/emt-osinbajos-position-as-vice-president-has-become-totally-irrelevant-afenifere/
I don't blame buhari for using his powers for the outmost benefit of himself n his kinsmen,this should serve as a good lesson for docile Christian Southerners,if they ever get to power again,let them go to sleep!.
Re: EMT: Osinbajo’s Position As VP Has Become Totally Irrelevant – Afenifere by Adex2bash: 9:25pm On Sep 17, 2019
It is quite unfortunate for a young champ like Yinka Odumakin to erect his seat among men with obsolete brain who in few years now has become irrelevant, used and dumped goods in the political space in our country. They took joy in castigating and malign Osinbajo as a reprisal for taking his stand against their WILL to be directing him as they wish. Also, his attitude towards ending business as usual in sharing national cake among few people is another offence that made afenifere to be so hostile to Osinbajo. Bear this in mind, Osinbajo is very relevant, active and profitable to our country

1 Like

Re: EMT: Osinbajo’s Position As VP Has Become Totally Irrelevant – Afenifere by ojokolax: 9:28pm On Sep 17, 2019
Most times I'm about to comment and I see that persons have previously been advised to desist from tribalistic slurs but no... They won't adhere, now I'm wondering if I should also throw my own home training away.

There will always be turn coats who don't have any interest aside their pockets. These ones have sworn to milk every opportunity to make a nuisance of themselves.

How stupid does one look if one claims that the head of the country's National Economic Council has lost the faith of his principal and yet before the ink is dry on your tale the esteemed Prof Osinbajo receives in audience a delegation from the World bank and International Finance Corporation, led by the Regional Vice President for Africa World Bank, Hafez Ghanem; at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Not done the VP also inaugurated an inter-agency TASK FORCE to help AMCON recover N5trillion debt.

Yet some break away bunch of old greedy men would have the Yoruba believe that our next best export since MKO is losing value with his Principal no less...

Higi haga, one-gaga two-gaga scaly-waga people

1 Like

Re: EMT: Osinbajo’s Position As VP Has Become Totally Irrelevant – Afenifere by Laghondi2008: 9:29pm On Sep 17, 2019
Frankyboy1:
Ok! Yoruba arm of PDP, we have heard you, in all his previous relevance, what did he do for his people? Jobless mofos, making trouble where there is none
Re: EMT: Osinbajo’s Position As VP Has Become Totally Irrelevant – Afenifere by TwentyOnePilots(m): 9:29pm On Sep 17, 2019
Baba Oja! What do you expect!? Is it because he is little in stature, that is why they keep belittling him? angry angry
Re: EMT: Osinbajo’s Position As VP Has Become Totally Irrelevant – Afenifere by Amumaigwe: 9:30pm On Sep 17, 2019
emkz:
I don't think so. I think the Vice President would be relieved; because lets face it, he is overworked and I wonder if he sleeps sufficiently.

It's a sensible thing that Buhari constituted an economic management team which would give policy advice. I am happy Bismark Rewane is there with Charles Soludo and that professor who was a deputy governor of CBN. I wish they include Kingsley Moghalu as a consultant.

I also wish the President would constitute a security advisory council as well to give directives on tackling the spate of insecurity and kidnappings.

I also wish the President would constitute an advisory council with a mandate to give a lasting solution to the power problem.

With the way he started his second term, Buhari seems ready to work.

It will be easier for a leopard to change it's spots than for Buhari to change Nigeria economy. As usual, any advise that does not promote the Fulanis interests will be quickly discarded.
Re: EMT: Osinbajo’s Position As VP Has Become Totally Irrelevant – Afenifere by Laghondi2008: 9:30pm On Sep 17, 2019
VP Osinbajo inaugurates an inter-agency TASK FORCE to help AMCON recover N5trillion debt. He also met with a delegation of the World Bank and International Finance Corporation led by the Regional Vice President for Africa World Bank, Hafez Ghanem Quote]
Re: EMT: Osinbajo’s Position As VP Has Become Totally Irrelevant – Afenifere by murecool(m): 9:32pm On Sep 17, 2019
1. The President and Vice President have enjoyed a great working relationship and that is not about to change.

2. The Economic Advisory Council (EAC) is a think-tank and will act only in ADVISORY capacity to the President.

3. The Economic Management also (EMT) reported to the President. Everything the EMT does ends up with the President.
4. The new Council reports to the President and won't be a surprise if and when Council also interfaces with VP on behalf of the President
5. This Council is only a change of strategy by the Presidency, bringing in the Private Sector in sharp focus

1 Like

Re: EMT: Osinbajo’s Position As VP Has Become Totally Irrelevant – Afenifere by Qadaffi2idiamin: 9:32pm On Sep 17, 2019
I urge all Afonjas on NL to join the Biafra project else they will be at the mercy of their slave masters the Fulani's grin grin
Re: EMT: Osinbajo’s Position As VP Has Become Totally Irrelevant – Afenifere by YourArewaSister: 9:33pm On Sep 17, 2019
May I ask how you will achieve this without the Northern support, please?

Do not talk like it is a birth right.... Lol

goodnessme1:
We yorubas don't care about how Osibanjo is being treat.

What we are sure and care for is presidency is come back to south west.
And Tinubu is the man for the job.

We are not Ibos that dont know how to play politics.
Re: EMT: Osinbajo’s Position As VP Has Become Totally Irrelevant – Afenifere by Amumaigwe: 9:35pm On Sep 17, 2019
Mcphamous:
Etiyaweyrey konidafunyin

Back to sender ×1000000
Re: EMT: Osinbajo’s Position As VP Has Become Totally Irrelevant – Afenifere by notoriousbabe: 9:36pm On Sep 17, 2019
goodnessme1:

you and this your ilesha English, you no dey shame?
Re: EMT: Osinbajo’s Position As VP Has Become Totally Irrelevant – Afenifere by dominion001(m): 9:37pm On Sep 17, 2019
He can now concentrate on paying condolence visits on behalf of FG, even his job as osusu sharer is no more guaranteed.
Re: EMT: Osinbajo’s Position As VP Has Become Totally Irrelevant – Afenifere by OC831: 9:38pm On Sep 17, 2019
Tshew a waste of my precious time; someone who did not only receive a delegate from world bank today but also inaugurated a task force to help the Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria recover about N5tr they’re being owed, I’m going to bed abeg.
Re: EMT: Osinbajo’s Position As VP Has Become Totally Irrelevant – Afenifere by Nobody: 9:40pm On Sep 17, 2019
Journalist: Mr VP it was reported that the EMT headed by you had been dissolved by Mr president he will now be the head.
VP: abeg leave am make he dey carry him wahala go
Journalist: haaa why did you say that sir.
VP:as a professor with a vast knowledge in economics I recommended so many things that will definitely boost the country economy can you imagine this man said we should invest solely in cow farming to boost the economy of wish I rejected. Hence the dissolution.
Journalist:yehhh(fainted)
VP: here ppl bring Bucket of water to revive this journalist ohh.
Re: EMT: Osinbajo’s Position As VP Has Become Totally Irrelevant – Afenifere by Stillthebest: 9:45pm On Sep 17, 2019
FarahAideed:
Well let be realistic the economy under Buhari in the last 4 years has been in tatters and if Osinbanjo was in charge of the economic team it meant he wasn't doing the good job so the sack of his team is in order

You are correct. We need a leader who will step on any toe being his friend or not, to do the right thing for the country.

Osinbajo has overseen a dilapidated economy in the last four years. The policies they used haven't been citizens friendly. I am looking at when any portfolio holder will be sacked because of incompetence and when officials will resign because of the failure of his principals.

If Buhari has dissolved the team based of failure, it is worth it. People claim that osinbajo would be a great president if he is allowed and I say NO. Elitist government isn't for Nigeria yet, and that's what his likes are known for.

1 Like

Re: EMT: Osinbajo’s Position As VP Has Become Totally Irrelevant – Afenifere by Charly68: 9:45pm On Sep 17, 2019
Stupid comments everywhere ,I beg the VP still have more than enough responsibilities in the Govt aside from this economic team matter.. They should let these men be focused please
Re: EMT: Osinbajo’s Position As VP Has Become Totally Irrelevant – Afenifere by shaw2(m): 9:50pm On Sep 17, 2019
Why are people complaining?
What change has he contributed since becoming the VP. Absolutely nothing.
The day I clearly found out that VP is going nuts is the day he openly said that tradermoni has transformed the lives of most Nigerians. I asked myself whether if this man has human conscience.
How can 10k tradermoni transform lives in the current economy?
When FG is yet to conclude on common 30k minimum wage.
I'm not judging but VP has his place in hell well deserved.
Re: EMT: Osinbajo’s Position As VP Has Become Totally Irrelevant – Afenifere by Oladelesp: 9:53pm On Sep 17, 2019
He also met with a delegation of the World Bank and International Finance Corporation led by the Regional Vice President for Africa World Bank, Hafez Ghanem and Today alone the VP inaugurated an inter-agency TASK FORCE to help AMCON recover N5trillion debt

SHAME ON THE WRITER

Re: EMT: Osinbajo’s Position As VP Has Become Totally Irrelevant – Afenifere by Youthleader22(m): 9:57pm On Sep 17, 2019
goodnessme1:

You should learn how to shut up sometimes and think more. You are a woman. You are supposed to be the one melding things and not causing tribal caos.
Re: EMT: Osinbajo’s Position As VP Has Become Totally Irrelevant – Afenifere by koboko69: 9:58pm On Sep 17, 2019
SIRTee15:

Buhari ass lickers are pathetic....
They will deny their parents just to hold straw for buhari....
Buhari refused to change the security chiefs despite the huge security challenge in this country....
That's ok by them....
The constitution clearly states the V.P should be the head of the economic team....
But u guyz are ready to throw osinbajo under the bus for the sake of 2023....
I dey shame for my Yoruba people ....
U guys saving grace should be Buhari hands over to a SWner in 2023....
Or else it won't be funny at all....
Abi is that not the reason u lots keep supporting an overtly incompetent n unrepentant nepotist in power....

Listen kiddo, i am for Edo state....so rubbish tribal bullcrap u are trying to spin is meant for people in the same thinking faculty as u.
Re: EMT: Osinbajo’s Position As VP Has Become Totally Irrelevant – Afenifere by Mercy2006(f): 9:58pm On Sep 17, 2019
goodnessme1:

RIP ENGLISH grin grin
Goodnessme,why are you forming Yoruba this night?
Is there a motive behind this?
Tribal war perhaps?

1 Like

Re: EMT: Osinbajo’s Position As VP Has Become Totally Irrelevant – Afenifere by lereinter(m): 9:59pm On Sep 17, 2019
goodnessme1:

Dreamer
Re: EMT: Osinbajo’s Position As VP Has Become Totally Irrelevant – Afenifere by lereinter(m): 10:00pm On Sep 17, 2019
goodnessme1:

Dreamer

Dreamer
Re: EMT: Osinbajo’s Position As VP Has Become Totally Irrelevant – Afenifere by ChristianNorth: 10:02pm On Sep 17, 2019
LegendHero:
Yinka Odumakin, a PDP apologist hiding under the banner of Afenifere to perpetrate the usual opposition politics.

Does Odumakin know Osinbajo is instrumental to the composition of the current Economic Advisory Council and also the one that recommended Prof. Salami as the Chairman.

Everybody just come online and start saying nonsense to trend.

What do you have to said about his sack as coordinator of the Social Intervention Programme now handled by a northerner from Zamfara?
Re: EMT: Osinbajo’s Position As VP Has Become Totally Irrelevant – Afenifere by Nature8(m): 10:05pm On Sep 17, 2019
Corrosiveman:
The V.P is nothing but a Mere Commissioner,
Only used for Sharing trader Moni

grin
Re: EMT: Osinbajo’s Position As VP Has Become Totally Irrelevant – Afenifere by Jibsy203(m): 10:06pm On Sep 17, 2019
TeeMoney99:
Your comment shows how delusional you are. Osinbajo has got it in record as the most active vice president Nigeria has ever had

Why are you crying like a goat. mugu .and who dash monkey pant
Re: EMT: Osinbajo’s Position As VP Has Become Totally Irrelevant – Afenifere by ogunsbanjul(m): 10:26pm On Sep 17, 2019
Who is Yinka Odumakin to even consider claim to be a leader in Yoruba land? Don't be deceived we Yorubas do not recognize him as a leader rather as a noise maker cum troublemaker. If Odumakin family has ever been a governor talkless of vice president of the federal republic of Nigeria before, he would have known what it takes and means to be a vice president. Kudos to president Buhari and kudos to Prof. Yemi Osinbajo. We positive thinkers value the work of vice president of the federal republic of Nigeria.
Re: EMT: Osinbajo’s Position As VP Has Become Totally Irrelevant – Afenifere by hisexcellency34: 10:52pm On Sep 17, 2019
He is a leader..leave sentiments

ogunsbanjul:
Who is Yinka Odumakin to even consider claim to be a leader in Yoruba land? Don't be deceived we Yorubas do not recognize him as a leader rather as a noise maker cum troublemaker. If Odumakin family has ever been a governor talkless of vice president of the federal republic of Nigeria before, he would have known what it takes and means to be a vice president. Kudos to president Buhari and kudos to Prof. Yemi Osinbajo. We positive thinkers value the work of vice president of the federal republic of Nigeria.
Re: EMT: Osinbajo’s Position As VP Has Become Totally Irrelevant – Afenifere by NGpatriot: 10:57pm On Sep 17, 2019
They are getting ready for 2023 right in your face, but clueless Igbos, bigots and decimated afeniferanu are too dumb to see it.

PYOB @ 2023 LOADING...

grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Protests In Akwa Ibom Over Buhari's Failure To Probe Akpabio (Pics) / Bola Tinubu Visits APC House Of Representatives Caucus / IPOB Declares Sit-at-home In Aba As Buhari Visits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.