Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,114 members, 7,973,744 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 04:15 AM

Top 10 Interviews Questions And Responses Job Seekers Must Know - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Top 10 Interviews Questions And Responses Job Seekers Must Know (421 Views)

A Simple Way To Get 10 Interviews From 10 Applications / 8 Abnormal Job Interview Responses / Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Interviews Questions And Responses Job Seekers Must Know by 9jaHustler: 9:44am On Sep 19, 2019
The Bible says that the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. But I say that the thought of Interview is the beginning of fear. Fear is not evil in itself but it is the failure to tackle the source of the fear that is evil.

Interview breeds fear when you don’t know what to answer. So, then how do you overcome the fear of interview? You must start preparation as soon as you submit applications to potential vacancy positions. Hence, this article is meant for you.

There are questionnaires an interviewer will ask some job seekers to know if they possess those valuable skills that is suitable for such job before they are employed.

We have about the most relevant of them occupying the first ten (10) positions.

Below are some of the questions:

1) Can We Meet You?

Many a time, the first question that you are going to be asked by your interviewers is, ‘can we meet you?’

To answer this question, you don’t need to beat around the bush; just go straight to the point. Your answer should not be on personal livings like places you visited, your relationships, origin and so on… No. You can start like this: my name is Mr. Vincent Uju; I am a graduate of Business administration from the University of Benin. I have five years experience as an administrative staff in the Industrial sector, I am somebody that is hardworking, strong in taking initiative, intelligent and I believe with my experience, I will perform credibly well in this position.

Just say few things about your educational background, experiences and so on because more questions are still going to be asked in the cause of the interview

2) Tell Us (More) About Yourself

Tell us more about yourself requires job specific answers that you can offer. The question seeks to qualify you for the job or not. As such, you can tell them about your strength, your weakness, your achievement that is related to the job you are being interviewed for, your ambition and so on and so fort. Like I said before, you don’t need to start talking about your family, your broken marriage and some other naughty talks because its might work against you.

3) What Are Your Strengths?

Your strengths do not mean how much energy you possess or how long you can work before getting weak. This is one of the questions employers or interviewers always ask, they want to be ascertained whether you possess qualities that will add value to their company.

The possible answers to this question could be that:

 You are strong in taking initiative,

 Team player,

 You love working with people that are honest, straight forward and this tend to bring out the best in you,

 You can work with little or no supervision.

4) What Are Your Weakness?

This is just the opposite of your strengths. Your employers take this section very serious. The interviewers know what they are looking for and as such you must be sensitive to your answers. This is one of the questions employers or interviewers ask just to know your weak point. You should look at your weaknesses in your last or current job and tell them how you are working to improve in that area.

A typical example is:

 You give up easily when results are not positive and that you are working so much to improve in this area,

 You feel bad when your boss or your colleagues do not appreciate your work and your effort and this discourage you.

5) Why Do You Want To Work For This Company?

This question requires you to have some basic knowledge about the company you intend to work for. You need to carry out some research about the company before the interview date.

You can say that from your researched you carried out, you discovered that the company provide enabling environment for career growth and development by sending their staff for training and refresher courses.

Don’t say that your sister or brother or friends work here and he/she is well paid so I believe I would be well paid as well. This is foolish answer and your employers or interviewers will think that you are only interested in the money and you might not be employed.

6) Why Are You Looking For a New Job?

As simple as it is, make sure you don’t complicate it yourself.

There are a lot of circumstances that surround your quest for a new job:

 One of the possible answers could be that you are currently unemployed and that is why you are looking for a new job.

 Your former or current job does not avoid you the avenue for career growth and development.

 Your former company wind-up, restructuring etc due to some reasons and that is why you are looking for a new job.

 That your former or current job is outside your area of discipline and career objective.

NB: Avoid speaking evil of your formal Boss or company because it will mean that you do the same when you eventually leave them.

7) Where Would You Like Or Want To Be in Your Career In The Next 3years, 5years Or 10years From Now?

This question should be answered to show your career objective and growth for example:

If you are seeking position as an Account Officer or Trainee, the best answer would be that you want to be Certified Accountant in the next 5years and rise to be Chartered or Chief Accountant or Financial Director in the next 10years or 15years.

cool What Are Your Career Achievements Or What Do You Consider To Be Your Greatest Career Achievement?

Try to be explicit as possible as you can, look for the thing you consider as the greatest achievement in your career profile.

To a sale representative, his greatest achievement could be that he achieved N500 million sales within a week by employing well defined strategy, a feat which no other staff has ever achieve in his company.

To a banker, his greatest achievement could be that he was able to achieved N1million deposit in one day.

9) What Kind Of Personality Do You Work Best With?

Everyone has his or her own kind of personality they work best with. Some people may love working with somebody that is strong in taking initiative, honest and straight forward.

10) When You Start A New Job, How Quickly And How Do You Establish Your Credibility With Your Managers and Team?

Before you answer this question, I want you to understand that in a company of 10 or more workforce, there are people with different background, religion, believe, understanding, approach to people and things etc and their sole aims is to achieve the objectives and visions of the company. For these objectives to be achieved there must be good working relation among the workers.

How you establish a good working relation with your team taking into consideration their believes and different backgrounds is pivotal to your success.

You can tell your interviewers those enviable parameters you possess that draw your co-workers to you and the strategies you employed to established a good working relationship with your team in your last job and how you intend to do the same in your new job.

It could be:

 Presenting pleasantries before and after work,

 Showing love and care,

 Taking other workers ideas and suggestion,

 Not to impose your ideas and suggestion on your colleague and so on.

Source: https://9jahustler.com/top-10-interviews-questions-and-responses-job-seekers-must-know/

NOTE: YOU SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR NEW JOB OPENINGS IN LAGOS, ABUJA AND AROUND NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Interviews Questions And Responses Job Seekers Must Know by SirWhiteFish: 9:21pm On Sep 19, 2019
Answer to questions number 6
....Hunger want to break my neck grin
Re: Top 10 Interviews Questions And Responses Job Seekers Must Know by 9jaHustler: 5:40pm On Sep 20, 2019
grin grin grin

SirWhiteFish:
Answer to questions number 6
....Hunger want to break my neck grin
Re: Top 10 Interviews Questions And Responses Job Seekers Must Know by 9jaHustler: 9:44am On Sep 21, 2019
smiley
Re: Top 10 Interviews Questions And Responses Job Seekers Must Know by 9jaHustler: 8:35am On Sep 23, 2019
wink wink wink

(1) (Reply)

. / Apply Now: Keystone Bank Recruitment, Closing Date 30th September, 2019 / I Urgently Needs A Job, I Have An Msc. Economics. 08063119630. I Reside In Ibada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.